PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So You want to pick the Giants.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Pats Fan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
OK let me start off by saying the Giants have a chance. We as Patriot Fans all know that every team has a chance. Hey all we need to remember is the 2001 season when the UNDERDOG Patriots upset the greatest show on Turf.

Putting it in perspective I would say that Giants team we will face is better (more talented) than our Pats of 2001. Upon further review - we all remember the difference in that game is Belicheck flat out coached Martz. The RAMS beat us in the regular season and were quit ****y about changing nothing. Belicheck recognized the strategy he used in the reg season did not work and devised a whole new game plan.

For the Giants to win I believe Coughflin will have to out coach Belicheck. Will it happen? Do we Patriot Fans think Belicheck and the New England Patriots will go to the SB all full of themselves? Not change a thing?

Still want to pick the Giants????

"I'm going to beat them my way" - that's what Martz said on the sidelines in 2001 when he was urged to change the gameplan to adapt to what the Pats were doing with Faulk.

Can you imagine Belichick ever saying anything like this. Adaptation is his forte.

I would challenge anybody to find something that the "haters" have said in their analysis, that BB has said almost the same thing in his press conference.

"I'm going to beat them my way" - that's what Martz said on the sidelines in 2001 when he was urged to change the gameplan to adapt to what the Pats were doing with Faulk.

Can you imagine Belichick ever saying anything like this. Adaptation is his forte.

Got proof of that quote?

I was at that Rams game in the regular season. Even though we lost we showed that we could hang with them & it had to give us some confidence going into the Super Bowl. I'm not suggesting that the Giants are similar to our '01 team, but as stated above we are definitely NOT similar to the '01 Rams.

OK let me start off by saying the Giants have a chance. We as Patriot Fans all know that every team has a chance. Hey all we need to remember is the 2001 season when the UNDERDOG Patriots upset the greatest show on Turf.

Putting it in perspective I would say that Giants team we will face is better (more talented) than our Pats of 2001. Upon further review - we all remember the difference in that game is Belicheck flat out coached Martz. The RAMS beat us in the regular season and were quit ****y about changing nothing. Belicheck recognized the strategy he used in the reg season did not work and devised a whole new game plan.

For the Giants to win I believe Coughflin will have to out coach Belicheck. Will it happen? Do we Patriot Fans think Belicheck and the New England Patriots will go to the SB all full of themselves? Not change a thing?

Why would you think that the Giants are better than the 2001 Patriots?
The 2001 Patriots won their division. They ended with a 9 game winning streak.
They beat the Raiders (who were in the AFCC the year before, and the SB the year after) and the Steelers in the AFCC. THEY BEAT THE RAMS. (Somehow apparently that isnt being considered here) The Giants did not win their division, and proceeded through a very weak NFC to get to the SB. They beat the Bucs, who only made the playoffs because there was no one in thei division that was even an average team. They beat the cowboys, who havent won a playoff game in over 10 years, and the flash-in-the-pan Packers who havent even made the playoffs the last few years.

For the 2007 Giants to be better than the 2001 Patriots, they would have to beat the 2007 Patriots, and that isn't going to happen.

You say 'more talented'. How? Eli Manning vs Tom Brady? I see nothing they have on offense that is more talent than we had, outside of Shockey who isnt playing.
Defensively, show me where the Ty Laws, Milloys, Vrabels, Seymours, Bruschis, etc are.
The Giants had a nice run through some weak playoff competition. The 2001 Patriots won a Championship. Ludicrous comment, IMO.

Putting it in perspective I would say that Giants team we will face is better (more talented) than our Pats of 2001.

Really, because that Pats team was the 6th rated offense & defense in the league that year. I'd like to see you compare the talent on those teams directly person-to-person. Ty Law was in his prime and we had a 1,000 yd running back and receiver that year.

That Pats team went under the radar because of the injury to Bledsoe and Brady being a rookie in addition to how explosive St. Louis' offense was. It was much more talented than people give it credit for.

the only reason the giants are being compared to the '01 pats is the point spread, which is basically ******ed.
I'm sure oakland has been a 14 point dog in several games this year, too, but that doesn't make them the '01 pats, either.

every week the wiseguys want to be the ones to pick the end of the pats streak, and every week they are wrong.
I don't see the superbowl playing out any different.
pats by 3 scores.

It's just so hard to pick the Giants with a strait face. There's 4 AFC teams that could represent the NFC in the Superbowl and the Pats have beaten all of them.

You might want to change your post title to ....

'So you want to spell BelichIck.....'

- Thats 3 times you spelled our coach's name wrong - B-E-L-I-C-H-I-C-K

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes