PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, would you take Pacman in 2008?

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
There's a story running on SI right now that says the Titans haven't yet decided whether or not they will have Pacman Jones back following his 12-month suspension irrespective of whether he fulfils all the necessary criteria and the league lets him back.

So, supposing Tennessee decides to cut its losses right now and cast Pacman adrift, and supposing (by some miracle) he manages to stay out of trouble for 12 months..

And supposing (closer to reality here, I suspect) that Asante plays out his season under the franchise tag and next March walks off under a rain cloud of free agency dollars and the Pats are left looking for another CB...

Do you believe in giving a guy a second chance? Do you believe a leopard can change its spots?

Would you take a chance and sign Pacman Jones for the Patriots?

No would never fit into this organization, great talent but doubt if he will ever change.. ship him to Cincinnati or Oakland.

So, would you take Pacman in 2008?

I would take him, poke his eyes, slap his face back and forth and hit him over the head with a two by four while all the way going nyuk nyuk nyuk and doing the Curley Shuffle with the video of "I Make it Rain" playing in the background.:violent: :wha: :enranged: :nono:

Last edited:
simply put...NO!!

There's a story running on SI right now that says the Titans haven't yet decided whether or not they will have Pacman Jones back following his 12-month suspension irrespective of whether he fulfils all the necessary criteria and the league lets him back.

So, supposing Tennessee decides to cut its losses right now and cast Pacman adrift, and supposing (by some miracle) he manages to stay out of trouble for 12 months..

And supposing (closer to reality here, I suspect) that Asante plays out his season under the franchise tag and next March walks off under a rain cloud of free agency dollars and the Pats are left looking for another CB...

Do you believe in giving a guy a second chance? Do you believe a leopard can change its spots?

I wholeheartedly believe in giving guys second chances, but this guy has had about 10. No thank you, tell Al Davis he's available and re-sign Samuel.

I believe in second chances that are earned, speculating about his value as a football player in March 2008 is premature. The young man should be set for life financially. I believe the story was his grandmother had him attend Marshall in an attempt to seperate him from harmful "friends." He chose to ignore her efforts and honor her memory in the negative. There are institutions where he might resume learning the life lessons she hoped he'd absorb. I could care less about his football career, it's time for him to find a new focus and direction for his life. Perhaps in time that path will lead back to football, for now, he's got bigger troubles.

I could care less about his football career, it's time for him to find a new focus and direction for his life. Perhaps in time that path will lead back to football, for now, he's got bigger troubles.

Yes. Good post box.

I believe in second chances that are earned, speculating about his value as a football player in March 2008 is premature. The young man should be set for life financially. I believe the story was his grandmother had him attend Marshall in an attempt to seperate him from harmful "friends." He chose to ignore her efforts and honor her memory in the negative. There are institutions where he might resume learning the life lessons she hoped he'd absorb.

One can only surmise about what type of institutions are intimated.

I think he is contemplating signing a 8 to 10 year deal with the Nevada Correction Institute's Mean Machine football program for room and meals - contract may be extended if he continues his winning ways but if by the brace of God he changes, it has a early buy-out after 3 years

Nope. I'd rather see him out of the NFL all together.

As most players live in the NE area , so if you are asking if i am fine him being my neighbour driving around drunk with my kids on my street .NO....

Why in the hell would an organization as smart as the Pats do something that stupid?

I expect he will be a star on the Mean Machine...

I believe in second chances that are earned, speculating about his value as a football player in March 2008 is premature. The young man should be set for life financially. I believe the story was his grandmother had him attend Marshall in an attempt to seperate him from harmful "friends." He chose to ignore her efforts and honor her memory in the negative. There are institutions where he might resume learning the life lessons she hoped he'd absorb. I could care less about his football career, it's time for him to find a new focus and direction for his life. Perhaps in time that path will lead back to football, for now, he's got bigger troubles.

If he dies next week, maybe.

The guy carries a duffle bag with $81,000 in it while going to strip clubs.:bricks: :bricks: :eek: :eek:

NO. F-ing. WAY.

In the midst of his current troubles, I've seen many interviews, including the soft-focus, intimate one-on-one types.

I've rarely heard anyone less articulate or even transparently remorseful. Without bias (I think he's a helluva player, love to watch), even in an interview he seems passively hostile and indignant.

Unless the Titans invest in a 24-hour babysitter to ensure his re-instatement, I will be honestly, and humbly, surprised if ever plays in the NFL again. Not because of teams or the league refusing to give him a secondteen chance, but because idle hands (holding plenty of straight cash, homey, and controlled by an invertebrate grade brain) are the debbil's tools.

Pac-Man Jones will experience the laws of inertia and gravity. Simple physics.
Crystal ball says 3-5, comeback attempt around age 29. Cut in training camp.
Titans, get you a babysitter, stat.

He has yet to go to court for assaulting that stripper and could get a few years behind bars, where he belongs. If found guilty there could be further charges of violation of probation. I wouldn't take this nutcase if he played for free.

In his defense, he has yet to be convicted of anything. He is a media figue whose actions are magnified. Scutinized, then magnified.

Of course, to even get the the scrutinization point, especially 10+ times, is indicative of possible problems...

The scary part is that, during the first instance in his life where tangible or realized repercussions exists, he comes off as a deviant child. He comes off as the worst case example of any accused that I originally prefaced this post to defend.

He is an idiot. Idiot + $ + sense of entitlement = trubbil.

No offense, but ... ARE YOU NUTS??? :eek: :eek:

If he dies next week, maybe.

The guy carries a duffle bag with $81,000 in it while going to strip clubs.:bricks: :bricks: :eek: :eek:

I'll take the duffle bag..... with the $81,000

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back