Welcome to PatsFans.com

So who's the gay superhero?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, May 23, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Apparently a major DC superhero will be coming out of the closet within a few weeks. But which one? Here's how I see it:

Superman - No way. The guy is head over heels in love with Lois Lane, almost bordering on stalkerish behavior. Plus I believe in certain iterations, he and Lois are married. And in the most recent movie, he had a kid.

Batman - Oh, he's definitely gay. No steady girlfriend, dresses in all black leather, spends a suspicious amount of time in an all male household with an English butler and a teen age boy. BUT I do not believe for a single second he will be the superhero that is outed. He's just too important of a character to mess around with, not to mention they wouldn't do this with the movie just around the corner.

Wonder Woman - Also definitely gay, but the article says this outed superhero will be a guy.

Green Lantern - He is too much of a ladies-man wannabe, with varying degrees of success. I suppose it could all just be a beard, but I don't think so.

The Martian Manhunter - uh, whuh? :confused:

So that leaves us with: FLASH. The fastest man alive. Wicked fast. I tell ya, the guy can move. So that's my guess. :D :D Although I give Aquaman an ouside shot, but I'm not sure I consider him a "major" character.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ay-Major-DC-Comics-character-come-closet.html
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

def batman

always talkin about his belt and his 'accesories'

and hangs out a bit too much with alfred, and hosts young boys
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

...Batman...
  4. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm going with Flash. All the other characters have established romantic relationships.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The PROGNOSTICATOR!

[​IMG]
  6. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +335 / 4 / -10

bat man.....gotta be

[​IMG]
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 5 / -2

I think this is something people will have an issue with. Do children need to be introduced to homosexuality through cartoon charactors? I think it's a fair question to discuss.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gentlemen, gentlemen..... I agree that Batman is gay, but there's just no way whatsoever they can make Batman their big "reveal" next month. The guy has something like 4 of his own comic books published monthly (and another half dozen where he's a main supporting character) not to mention a huge movie franchise with the next installment coming out in about 5 weeks. You just wouldn't tinker with your most popular character. When the movie comes out, you don't want everyone talking about how the bad-ass protaganist is actually playing for the other team.

BUT there is one character that I forgot to include in my above list, so I am reconsidering my prediction. Staying with our Batman theme, I suppose they could decide that Dick Grayson/Nightwing (i.e. the-superhero-formerly-known-as-Robin) is gay. AFAIK he has only one monthly series and I have no idea who his "Lois Lane" is (or if he even has one). Or they could just select one of the other half dozen or so guys who have been "Robin" at one time or another.
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  9. Gunnails

Gunnails Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Eel OBrian AKA Plastic Man.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

I was going to bring this point up, but the Loon Posse would be all over me, it's a good question.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Apparently it has already happened, according to the blog that this was taken from.. always thought these guys were asexual..

DC Comics To Switch The Sexual Orientation Of An Established Character | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

12. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey