PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So who is left that you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
People keep saying be patient. People keep saying its not worth signing the higher profile guys that the Pats will be fine. When we thought Givens was leaving it was okay because they could sign maybe ARE, JJ, or Finneran as a stopgap. Now those guys are gone. What im asking is what guys are left that the Patriots could sign that would make you feel confident that the Pats are better off then last year. I cant help but think about the Red Sox. They thought Pedro wasnt worth it so they ended up overpaying for Matt Clement, they didnt think Damon was worth it and ended up downgrading at SS and CF. Their is a fine line you have to walk when it comes to money in sports.

First to reply to your Red Sox comment - Renteria was awful last year, so how is Gonzalez a downgrade? You haven't even seen Crisp in center field yet and you know he's a downgrade? Pedro was solid last year but is showing signs of wear with his toe problem; remember these contracts aren't for just one year.

Corey Bradford will be in Foxboro shortly, I bet. He may not be DG but he'll come at less than half the price and has the potential to be a solid number 2/3.

I want players who will fill the need at a reasonable price. The could be vets in the last part of their careers (Moulds, Patten) or underacheivers with upside (remember the pickup of Vrabel). It is very likely that I will not even recognize some of the players that we will sign.

mgteich said:
I want players who will fill the need at a reasonable price. The could be vets in the last part of their careers (Moulds, Patten) or underacheivers with upside (remember the pickup of Vrabel). It is very likely that I will not even recognize some of the players that we will sign.

I agree completely, some people seem to forget the Corey Dillon deal 2 years ago, I would much rather see a balanced, intelligent, value approach instead of just spending money on the marquee players. If they want someone bad enough, they have the cap flexibility to do it. I have all the confidence in the world in this brain trust, and have still not ruled out Neal, Vinateri or Givens.

Last edited:
R_T -
To my knowledge, Finneran hasn't signed. However, there are still quite a few decent WRs out there. Including guys like Peerless Price, Quincy Morgan, and Reche Caldwell.

Also, there are still RBs out there like Jonathan Wells and Verron Haynes.

For the LB position, You have Poston client Julian Peterson, but you also have others who have 3-4 experience. Guys like Jamie Sharper.

Outside of their own free agents, I'd like to see them make a run at signing both Tank Williams and Scott Fujita...

Free agency runs through July 22nd. Lots of time, and many things can happen. Here are a couple of players to watch (as of today):

RB Michael Bennett
DE Marcellus Wiley (veteran depth)
DB Tank Williams
LB Scott Fujita
RB Shawn Bryson

and RB J.R. Redmond....J/K :)

Adam Vinatieri
Willie McGinest
David Givens

Lawyer Milloy
Ty Law

brdmaverick said:
Adam Vinatieri
Willie McGinest
David Givens

Lawyer Milloy
Ty Law

I'll take Tank Williams over an old pedestrian Lawyer Milloy any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Getting Williams would give the Pats a LOT of flexibility.

If Harrison were ready day 1, then Willaims would start opposite him with Wilson moving to Corner opposite Poole (if he's not cut) Hobbs, Samuel, or Gay.

If Harrison isn't ready day 1, then Williams would start opposite Wilson, with Hobbs, Samuel, Gay and Poole (if he's not cut) starting at Corner.

Another possibility is the Pats signing Andre Dyson, if his being cut wasn't retracted. I think that Dyson would look good lining up in the Pats secondary.

My picks.....

Re-sign....

Willie
Adam
Givens

Go get...

Sam Adams, nice back-up to Vince
Ty Law

I agree I'd like to see Willie, Adam and Givens back. I think a guy like Drummond could help with PR and KR and not cost a bunch.
I think a veteran backup NT is a must. Adams could fill that role.

resign Adam & willie
Mawae
runyun
moulds or finneran
Peterson would be sweet :rocker: :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back