Welcome to PatsFans.com

So who is bankrolling Walsh? Someone is...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BlitzFritz, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlitzFritz

BlitzFritz Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Um...the same ppl/corporation bankrolling Specter?

Can you believe the balls on these Cable Industry people?

By the way, most of the Cable industry people are originally self made mavericks who got a jump on a new industry. some of them go to jail (Adelphia), so of them f#$% up sports team (Dolan), and i guess some of them know how to play real dirty.

2. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 13 / -5

#51 Jersey

Re: So who is bankrolling Walsh? Someone is....

I'm not particularly concered with anything that is going on with Spygate, let alone the conspiracy theories.

What does concern me is seeing that flamengo Walsh's face in the bright pink polo shirt looking like a smug prick deserving of some personal Quarterback sack education from Adalius and Mike, possibly with a sprinkling of Mayo.

3. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +40 / 13 / -16

#12 Jersey

Yeah but this still doesn't explain this witch hunt by Sphincter and the media against the PATRIOTS..........why didn't sphincter (who is in the bag for Comcast) and the ESPN media (who HATE the NFL Network) simply go after them (NFL network)?

4. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,531 / 14 / -5

To his credit, Michael Felger asked Mike Fish of ESPN whether Specter bankrolled Levy and why no one has investigated the connection between Specter and Comcast. Fish ran away from the question pretty quickly only saying that Levy and Specter have obviously kept in close contact over the last few months, but Specter was not funding Levy.

5. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Its the fat rat in NY.

6. flasox27

flasox27 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +57 / 2 / -4

#54 Jersey

There is a quid pro quo somewhere. Walsh is not your typical pro bono client.

7. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Yeah, the Dolan family can F up a sports team. Now my Knicks are going to offer D'Antoni $30M to not coach defense for 5 years.

I know it's a football forum, I am just venting. Hire Mark Jackson or Avery Johnson already, you twits.

8. Gator Mike

Gator Mike On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

I thought it came out that as part of the agreement between Walsh and the NFL that the Patriots were picking up his legal costs?

9. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +112 / 2 / -3

I covered this awhile ago in this thread:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...read.php?t=79707&highlight=levy walsh comcast

To recap - Michael Levy - who was working for Comcast's lawfirm(s) & political donors Swidler/Bingham McCutchen as recently as 2005 (according to his political donations on OpenSecrets.org) is now representing a client who is embroiled in a matter closely linked to a pissing match between the NFL, Comcast and the FCC.

What financial, political or business interest Levy and his new lawfirm have in helping his former lawfirm(s) is unknown - but if anyone's looking for a link between Levy and Comcast, its right there to be found with just a relatively little amount of internet digging.

10. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

No...it's probably Comcast who is..with spector's help...If Felger did do that it is a point in his favor...for once..

11. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +112 / 2 / -3

Re: So who is bankrolling Walsh? Someone is....

The consipiracy theory would be if Michael Levy, who worked for Comcast's lawfirm less than 3 years ago, was representing Walsh out of the goodness of his heart - rather than via a quid pro quo of some sort with Comcast, his old lawfirm, and his new lawfirm.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.