PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So who got cut???? SHOULD be 2 now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's always a possibility.
Given how we saw all teh obscure players..there is NO other explaination..reiss is working on it..

3 QB Brady, Cassal, Gutierrrez
6 RB Maroney, Faulk, Evans, Morris, Hill, QSmith
12 WR Moss, Stallworth, Washington, Welker, Caldwell, Gaffney. TBrown, Kight, Dunlap, CJJones, Childress, CJackson
5 TE Watson, Thomas, Brady, Millls, Ktanchick
14 OL Koppen, Hochstein, Neal, Mankins, Light, Kaczur, O'Callaghan, Britt, Yates, Barthelmes, Mruczkowsksi, Oldenburg, Hilliard, Elgin
11 DL Seymour, Green, Wilfork, Warren, Wright, Thomas, LSmith, KBrown, West, Moore, KSmith
13 LB Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, Seau, AThomas, CBrown, Alexander, Izzo, Mays, Woods, Lua, Rogers, Bissinger
17 DB Harrison, Wilson, Samuel, Hobbs, Hawkins, CScott, Gay, Sanders, Baker, Mitchell, GWilliams, Andrews, James, EJackson, Anam, Meriweather, Richardson
5 ST JMiller, Paxton, Gostkowski, Baugher, Malone

3 +6 (9) =12 (21) + 5 (26) +14 (40) +11 (51) +13 (64) +17 (81) +5 (86)
80+ 3 NFLE + 1 not signed tender = 84 So 2 over on roster....

I dont get your math.
NFLE dont count toward the 80.
So its 80 not counting NFLE guys who dont count, and not counting Samuel who does not count.
How are we over by 2?

I dont get your math.
So its 80 not counting NFLE guys who dont count, and not counting Samuel who does not count.
HOw are we over by 2?

We're allowed 84 including the 3 NFLEs and Samuel. We apparently have 86 at the moment.

I dont get your math.
How are we over by 2?

There are 86 total players on the roster right now. 3 of those are NFLE. 1 of those is $amuel.

The (simple) math:

86 - (3+1) = 82

Have we figured this out yet? And by "we" and mean "someone else"?

Welker dropped a pass today in TC as per Tom Casale. He'll surely be cut?

Have we figured this out yet? And by "we" and mean "someone else"?

No...MY only conjecture is that 2 from PUP are REALLY on reserve PUP and do not count...which would make sense...and which falls in with all the OTHER players being seen...as well with BB's statement about players in various places with coming back from injury. I think that HAS TO be the explanation as to why the roster of 80 plus is made.

That would be a smart move.

This roster puzzle still exists...and with the players ON the field. the ONLY explanation was that two players were placed on RESERVE PUP before training camp, allowing two others on teh training camp roster. Active PUP ARE countable to that roster limit, but RESERVE PUP is not, thus moves made that were not announced per se. PUP is PUP.
I remember CoachB when asked saying early on that the players were in many different steps of rehab. (he didn't specify who was on reserve PUP, but my guess is that two were placed there PRE camp and we may never know who was (if there are more than 2 on RESERVE PUP). I was thinking Eddie Jackson, especially since from all reports, he was not being thought to be back for months, if then and Chad Jackson, especially since had had his knee surgery, but it could be Thomas. But that seems to be the only way they got under the numbers. I know maybe a bit esoteric for many..but I find it interesting.

You collect twine don't you Stan? ;)

You collect twine don't you Stan? ;)
No...but I think my parents did...and Mike doesn't know either...it'll come out in the roster wash in a few weeks.

Last edited:
No...but I think my parents did...and Mike doesn't know either...it'll come out in the roster wash in a few weeks.

Reiss or me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back