PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So who do we want to play in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....I'm kinda suprised at the lack of confidence some of you in here have! The Pats are a great football team! What makes you think they'd be "one and done" in the playoffs?! Just because they didn't have a "perfect" season, doesn't make them any less dangerous in the playoffs! Needless to say, that perfect season didn't get the job done for you guys anyway, right?! Geez...get into the playoffs with a less than stellar schedule, and it's all gloom and doom! If the Steelers can win the SB from the wildcard spot, with EVERY game on the road, why couldn't the Pats win it this year??

Hey people..."any given sunday!" How many of you thought NO was gonna lose this weeK? How about Minnesota getting beat down by Carolina? Oakland over Denver?? I honestly feel the Lombardi is up for grabs this season. ANY playoff team is capable of winning it all. Your Pats dropped a few games this season, but a few of them were kinda "flukey" and likely would have been a different outcome if they were played again. Have a little faith people! Hell, at least you guys are lookin' good for a spot IN the playoffs. SOME of us have to sit around hoping for a miracle just to get in! However, that being said....if my Steelers do sneak into a wildcard spot, your damn right I think they can go all the way! Good luck to you and your Pats in the postseason! Cheers. :cool:

BELIEVE!

It's interesting how New England still has a chance to clinch a bye, albeit a very slim chance. If the playoffs shape up as SI implies, then playing Denver rather than Baltimore seems like a tossup given that both teams are good defensively overall. Conversely, I'm not as concern about San Diego's defense as I would be of, for example, Baltimore's. The Patriots will need to establish a running game against Denver who might be weaker against the run than the pass.

IND

BAL
CIN

DEN
NE

SD

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (11-3)

If The Playoffs Started Today: In; No. 2 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Tennessee (L); vs. Washington (W)
Final Projected Record; Playoff Seeding: 12-4; No. 2
Extra Point: There's no reason to believe the red-hot Chargers will lose their final two games. But should they stumble, and the Patriots win out, San Diego would fall to the No. 3 seed because they lose the common games tiebreaker with New England.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (9-5)

If The Playoffs Started Today: In; No. 3 seed (wins tiebreaker with Cincinnati based on strength of victory)
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Jacksonville (W); at Houston (W)
Final Projected Record; Playoff Seeding: 11-5; No. 3
Extra Point: The Patriots are a power broker in the race for the No. 5 and 6 seeds because they play two of the 7-7 teams. Ironically, by beating both the Jags and Texans, the Patriots will be helping clear a path for the division rival Jets and/or Dolphins to make the postseason.

CINCINNATI BENGALS (9-5)

If The Playoffs Started Today: In; No. 4 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Kansas City (W); at N.Y. Jets (L)
Final Projected Record; Playoff Seeding: 10-6; No. 4 (wins tiebreaker with Baltimore based on head-to-head)
Extra Point: Should the Bengals finish tied with the Patriots at either 10-6 or 11-5, the tiebreaker will be strength of victory, which is the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten. It currently favors New England, and likely still would after Week 17.

NFL Playoff Projections, Scenarios for Week 16 - Dom Bonvissuto - SI.com

It's interesting how New England still has a chance to clinch a bye, albeit a very slim chance. If the playoffs shape up as SI implies, then playing Denver rather than Baltimore seems like a tossup given that both teams are good defensively overall. Conversely, I'm not as concern about San Diego's defense as I would be of, for example, Baltimore's. The Patriots will need to establish a running game against Denver who might be weaker against the run than the pass.

IND

BAL
CIN

DEN
NE

SD

NFL Playoff Projections, Scenarios for Week 16 - Dom Bonvissuto - SI.com

I thought many here said it was determined that if NE and CIN both won out, and finished tied at 11-5, that the strength of schedule would revert back to CIN?

Does anyone know for sure? A lot here were under the impression that CIN would regain the #3 again due to their percentage of higher rated opponents. Many were saying that NE only temporarily had the #3, and would lose it after Cincy's percentage went up during their projected week 17 win over the NYJ.

I am curious to hear some thoughts. This is the first I've heard that we'd retain the #3 no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes