PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Who Benefits the Most...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasic4x50x54x59x55

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
on our Team Other than Brady with all this maddness?

Watson?
Maroney?
Stallworth?

Pick a player and explain...

The Special Teamers - we shouldn't have too many injury concerns amongst our ST's because they will barely be on the field except of course for post TD kick offs.

Our old linebackers won't be on the field as much.

Also, Maroney will have much more space to work with on every play.

No mention of Watson not being the target every play now? he too will now be a HUGE mismatch for defenses to worry about..

Stallworth now doesnt have to worry about any extra attention, and welker gets his space as well...

its unbelievable.

Brady, Stallworth and Maroney benefit the most, in that order.

I think a lot will depend on the teams we play.

Before Manning IMO greatly improved his ability to throw under pressure this season, the thought was get in his face, even if you have to sacrifice some coverage. I used him as an example because of all the matchup problems their offense has.

Some teams will still try to bring the heat on Brady so some games Watson might have to stay back in protection.

A team with fast LBs might be able to handle Maroney even with the opened up field because of our WRs.

Again, I think it will always come down to the matchups. I think it would be too simplistic to say that one player's production will improve the most.

It seems simple...
Of course maroney will benefit the most.
With our WRs in spread formation we will force them to respect the pass.
Then Maroney runs down da field TD baby!!!

Randy Moss also really benefits Brandon Meriweather and Chad Jackson. Both of those young guys, and others as well, will have less of a microscope on them to succeed. Randy will be a magnet for the media, allowing other guys to stay under the radar and develop.

Randy Moss also really benefits Brandon Meriweather and Chad Jackson. Both of those young guys, and others as well, will have less of a microscope on them to succeed. Randy will be a magnet for the media, allowing other guys to stay under the radar and develop.

Good point. How often does a coach hold a 15 minute press conference at the conclusion of the draft and not a single question is asked about a single pick? Is what all about Randy.

Yeah that is a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back