PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So when do we get our Jets pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Just as the Title says how soon til we swap seconds or thirds or just are given the third for tampering against a hall of fame player Revis.
Please and thank you.
Sincerely all Patriots fans.

If it does happen - and that's a very big if - it won't be for next month's draft. It will be a 2016 draft pick.

Never. The tampering team was the Jets. The NFL offices are teeming with ex-Jet employees. The Jets have, to my knowledge, not been significantly sanctioned for any transgressions since The Dope became the boss. What makes anyone think that will change?

Never. The tampering team was the Jets. The NFL offices are teeming with ex-Jet employees. The Jets have, to my knowledge, not been significantly sanctioned for any transgressions since The Dope became the boss. What makes anyone think that will change?

Penalties for the other teams have been adjudicated but the blatant public and easily ruled tampering by the Jets moronic owner still remains unresolved. A star player tampering that had consequences affecting the tampered team unlike previous cases where teams lost and swapped picks with no damage whatsoever to the tampered team. The NFL's NY bias is so obvious.

In my fantasy world the delay is because the psi flap is going to result in wholesale firings and restructuring of the NFL front office and the tampering ruling needs to wait until the vermin are expunged and replaced with fairer, competent personnel. /fantasy

The NFL looks like it is going to run out the clock on this year and handle it next year. That I think is intentional as a pick swap next year will likely be a lot less costly to the Jets than a pick swap this year.

The NFL is not out to get the Pats but they do not want to help them any more than they have to. Also it looks bad to give a "cheating team" a draft pick while not punishing them. The pink hats will say "oh, you reward teams for cheating now?"

Penalties for the other teams have been adjudicated but the blatant public and easily ruled tampering by the Jets moronic owner still remains unresolved. A star player tampering that had consequences affecting the tampered team unlike previous cases where teams lost and swapped picks with no damage whatsoever to the tampered team. The NFL's NY bias is so obvious.

In my fantasy world the delay is because the psi flap is going to result in wholesale firings and restructuring of the NFL front office and the tampering ruling needs to wait until the vermin are expunged and replaced with fairer, competent personnel. /fantasy

Spoken like someone who knows exactly what they are talking about.

The NFL looks like it is going to run out the clock on this year and handle it next year. That I think is intentional as a pick swap next year will likely be a lot less costly to the Jets than a pick swap this year.

The NFL is not out to get the Pats but they do not want to help them any more than they have to. Also it looks bad to give a "cheating team" a draft pick while not punishing them. The pink hats will say "oh, you reward teams for cheating now?"

The NFL is the teams and owners and they are not out to get the Patriots.

The NFL league office is filled with former Jet employees and it is without question biased against the Patriots and certain individuals within it are most definitely out to get the Patriots, e.g...Mike Kensil. How the idiotic deflategate matter and tampering by the Jets play out will reflect how much influence those individuals still have within the league office, which actually works for the teams and owners. My take on how they will play out is and has been based on the league office having no choice but to exonerate the Patriots on deflategate and award them a high pick from the jets because they have absolutely no choice, not because it's what they want to do? I think the full Wells Report will be available to every owner because they paid for it, Goodell does not have the authority to hide the truth and pass along a redacted report to those who actually paid for it. And the high pick for tampering will be a matter where their behavior was so blatant and the outcome far worse than any previous tamper that precedent leaves the league office no choice when compared to previous tampering sanctions.

I'm well aware that this is based on logic, which hasn't been a strong point for the league office, but that's still how feel it will play out.

Spygate punishment was ruled on 4 days after the infraction. Punishment (including loss of a 1st round pick) was handed down on Sept 13th for what transpired on the Sept 9th game (and before the tapes were handed over).

If it does happen - and that's a very big if - it won't be for next month's draft. It will be a 2016 draft pick.
I can see a team forfeiting a 2016 pick but a swap has to be 2015. What if ( please don't laugh) the Jets finished with a better record than the Pats? Swapping picks would benefit the offending party. The longer this drags out ( and the billable hours rack up) the more I think there will be no punishment.......

I can see a team forfeiting a 2016 pick but a swap has to be 2015. What if ( please don't laugh) the Jets finished with a better record than the Pats? Swapping picks would benefit the offending party. The longer this drags out ( and the billable hours rack up) the more I think there will be no punishment.......

That does make sense, however I wouldn't even blame the league office for overlooking that "possibility". Still, can't come down with a 2016 pick swap 8 months before the consequences of that are clear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back