PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An angry Pollard for when we play the Ravens. Two bone jarring tackles in
the AFC Championship game.

Would like to see Talib stay and Ed Reed come over. Then I might forget about Welker....maybe.

Wouldn't mind Talib and Smith..2 bigger guys with dennard in slot arrington as #4

more value players... awesome!!!
Is a collection of value players who can perform roles filling multiple positions better than one impact player filling one role?

more value players... awesome!!!

Um.. I just made a thread about how I don't want value players. Bennett is a great young pass rusher and Talib is the one of the best if not the best corner in this years free agent class. :confused::confused::confused:

Um.. I just made a thread about how I don't want value players. Bennett is a great young pass rusher and Talib is the one of the best if not the best corner in this years free agent class. :confused::confused::confused:

IDK..i think keenan Lewis from Pitt is very good....underrated. No news on him yet

A good nights sleep to digest the day and to build energy for tomorrows discussions.

A guy who I think is way under the radar and would a huge low risk/massive upside signing would be David Nelson. I really like this kid and would come real cheap.

He's tall, I believe 6-5 or so and can use his height to catch deep passes over defenders. At the very least be a great chain-mover and terrific red-zone option for corner fades freeing up Hernandez at the back of the end-zone and forcing defenders to think twice about just doubling Gronk down there.

You couple that with 1 to 2 Day One-Day Two picks on WR in the Draft (Allen, Patterson, Woods, Austin, Rogers, Hunter, Hopkins.....can't avoid it this year) and we have a younger faster and stronger receiving core. I hope we can trade Mallett to pick up some ammo for the draft so they can target players and allow BB to maneuver accordingly.

maybe we could kick the tires on Shaun Philips possibly?............and yes he can "rush the passer", lol

I'm also very much in the green-light for Michael Bennett who I think is the best value DE out there from the very start

Well right now Talib and Pollard are at the top of my wish list. Adding Smith so Dennard could move to the slot would be great.

I would prefer Pollard, he is younger than Ed Reed and is a SS not a FS like Reed. Ed is the best FS I have ever seen, but at his age I would rather let McCourty grow into the position and get a good SS.

Resign Talib and Vollmer
Sign vet safety (Wilson or Reed)
Sign vet DE (Abraham/Carter/Harrison)
Sign Slot-DB (Winfield/Arrington)
Sign low-risk/high reward outside WR (DHB/Alexander/Nelson)
Sign Sione Pouha

Next (that WAS your question) I would expect to us to sign a WR or pay Lloyd his bonus.

Defensive backs can wait until the market settles a bit.

Now that Pats locked up Amendola, any guesses or reports on who or what position they target next? Do they focus on the defense now? Next couple days should be exciting...

Well nobody saw KR coming its needed since we were really bad last year
but not exactly what most of us had in mind....kinda underwhelming at this stage of fa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back