PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, What's Going to Happen with Buffalo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny about the whole "boo" thing is that I'm not one to boo. I just find it amusing that someone thinks booing never helps, is always childish, and is something that no player acknowledges as being anything but ignorance on the part of the fans, but cheering is a-ok.

I feel the exact same way.

Brady's arm was dangling at his side after that run in Miami. If it's still hurting that bad, there is no way that Brady should go. Sure, the #1 seed would be nice, but not at further cost to the one guy that could potentially fuel a deep playoff run if healthy, and a quick exit if not. Hoyer is a dependable back-up from what we've seen. Let him run the offense and get the running game going.

Totally agreed. The win is not worth more then TFB. If he needs this week to heal, then by all means....... We go out and win with Hoyer, or Mallet if Hoyer can't get it done.

The first Buffalo game wasn't really a shootout..The patriots were DOMINATING until Brady started throwing interceptions in the 2nd quarter. I don't think the Bills will lay down until the Pats beat them down

I believe that 33% of Brady's INTs for the entire season thus far were in that 1 game against Buffalo

Don't expect it to repeat.

Last edited:
I'd like to see him benched to save him for the playoffs, but I'm sure he's going to want to try to break Bree's record. After all there's only 190 yards to go. Buffalo knows the same thing so I think it's a perfect time to be running the ball all game long, but... yeah right.

You think we would have learned from the way 09 ended. When BB says you cant sit everyone he is right. In 09 I believe we sat Randy who was ailing with a bad back and we let Welker play (some say he was even only going to play the first half) and look what happened. I think its simple like any other week if you are healthy enough to play you play. Especially when you consider how many guys are banged up if we sat them all we would be playing iron man football with more than just Edelman.

All that being said it appears one really important guy might actually have an injury and if it is serious enough then yes rest him even if he might play through it.

The O-line needs game time work with TB before the playoffs having Hoyer in there is less effective playoff prep.

He made it pretty clear at the presser they're putting in a full effort and going for a solid W(but any will work if all else fails). I'm guessing a lights out performance the Biffs will have to match or better to win.

Last edited:
It's tempting to rest the shoulder and also see what Hoyer is made of in a meaningful game with the other starters. But this game is very important, if we get past the 2nd round we want to be at home hands down. Got to have Brady in there and get this W, hopefully he's only needed for about a half but I have a feeling this one's gonna be another fight.

Buffalo isn't a good side. It took divine intervention to even allow them to rejoin the contest earlier this season. It should be a blow out and the Patriot starters should be pulled by the start of the fourth.

You play to WIN THE GAME!!!

It's tempting to rest the shoulder and also see what Hoyer is made of in a meaningful game with the other starters. But this game is very important, if we get past the 2nd round we want to be at home hands down. Got to have Brady in there and get this W, hopefully he's only needed for about a half but I have a feeling this one's gonna be another fight.

If Buffalo pulls off the upset and we drop to #2 then I believe that there can be no chance that Pittsburgh would end up in the divisionals against Baltimore where one of them could be eliminated......The #1 is big because a Steelers win over Denver or Oakland would set themselves up to face #2 seed and if Pitt plays Baltimore that takes one of the two major dangers for the conference title out of the running automatically.

I just want TB12 to throw for 500 yards so he can overtake Brees for the passing record :D

If Buffalo pulls off the upset and we drop to #2 then I believe that there can be no chance that Pittsburgh would end up in the divisionals against Baltimore where one of them could be eliminated......The #1 is big because a Steelers win over Denver or Oakland would set themselves up to face #2 seed and if Pitt plays Baltimore that takes one of the two major dangers for the conference title out of the running automatically.

I see your logic here it is not entirely correct. What happens if the Texans beat their opponent?.. If I'm not mistaken, that would send the Steelers to face the #1 seed which would be the Patriots if they win this weekend. Even though there is only one week left in the regular season there is still a lot to be decided and the Patriots will need a little bit of luck whether they end up with the 1 or number 2 seed to not have to face both the Ravens and the Steelers in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back