Welcome to PatsFans.com

So whatever happened to the white guys alone in the voting booth?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Nov 5, 2008.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +246 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Anyone here want to admit they blew that way out of proportion? Does anyone here want to admit their own prejudice in drawing that conclusion? Guess what? This white conservative stood alone in the booth, crossed his fingers that he wouldn't regret it and voted Obama.

I hope he has the backbone to stand up to the likes of Reed, Pelosi and Murtha and God forbid Franken. I hope he’s more the centrist he campaigned as. I hope he does reach across the isle and appoint some moderate republicans or at least moderate democrats to his cabinet and I'm glad old style republicans like Dole lost.

2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

Obama is a marxist and will prove it soon.

The Republicans blew this election, when the ceeded the point and moved away from President Bush (he didn't hlep his cuase with his run at amnesty, and this bailout). Basically the Republican stragety was yeah, Bush sucks, but I'm not Bush.

If I would have told you on Sept. 12, 2001, that 7 years later, the US would have vanquished Al Queda in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libiya, and that there was not another terrorist attack on the United States, would you have signed up for that? Of course you would have.

The problem here is that the GOP moved away from what they stood for, and paid for it.

3. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

When you looked at the crowd for McCain's speech, that represented an old America. White, mostly affluent supporters... When they showed Obama's parties and crowds, that is the America I grew up in, went to college with, and work with. A mix of cultures, race, wealth, everything... A true Melting Pot. That is the America that we all know.

That is why this was such a monumental day in America. When we ALL came together to support a common interest for us all. Not just for Rich elite, not just for Evangelicals, not just for Religon, not just for a single cause. Obama reached out to everyone... It's quite amazing to see it.