PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what WR's do you like

if Benn falls to the 2nd round I'd love to grab him, wr isnt a big enough need to take him in the first but he has the potential to be a monster.

I think he's definitely the most talented, but I would have liked to see him in a Pro-Style offense to see if he can do all the things Golden Tate can do. I agree he's worth the risk in the 2nd.

I think we'd be looking for a WR to fill the #3 or #4 slot and would have to have good hands and can run routes well. Doesn't need to be fast or tremendously agile, but just needs to be smart, get open and catch the ball. If we were going to take someone fast I'd rather it be because of their kick return ability. Utilizing Butler on the returns we were lucky to get past the 20. Tate looks decent, but fragile.

Butler was just getting into the swing of things, and by the end he was bringing the ball up to the 35 and 40. In college, Butler returned several KOs for TDs.

Tate looks decent, but fragile.

He is the leading kick returner in NCAA history. They probably rushed him back and he got hur again. I hope he'll be ready for next season to make an impact on kick returns.

He is the leading kick returner in NCAA history. They probably rushed him back and he got hur again. I hope he'll be ready for next season to make an impact on kick returns.

Golden Tate, not Brandon.

Butler was just getting into the swing of things, and by the end he was bringing the ball up to the 35 and 40. In college, Butler returned several KOs for TDs.

He definitly has the speed, but was either lacking the agility or being able to find the hole. He had 5 runs averaging 20 yards per return, which is about average. Maybe with some more experience, but in college he averaged 23 yards per return and only had 1 TD which was his freshman year. I honestly don't expect him to do much more then what he is. We need someone who is shifty with some speed back there. Hobbs was a real asset that was missed this year in the return game.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back