PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what to do with the early 4th round pick??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Pats try to trade their picks this year, for next year picks...
Not going to happen. As far as I know, there's been one future pick traded, and that was a third rounder. This draft class sucks, so nobody wants to give up a chance at a player next year for a player this year.

Barrett Jones still available?

We could use some depth at G and C

I really hope we get Lattimore.....he is a straight up stud.

I said the sweet spot for this draft is the early 4th round and there are still a lot of really good players available. I would once again look to trade down and get a later 4th and 5th. I would love to have a few more picks right now.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with you regarding the want of more picks. There were already limited needs and potential roster spots available for this yr in my opinion.

I would have much rather have seen more quality over quantity to this point, and that's even more the case moving into the last 4 rounds.

I'd double up at the WR position with another pick there, add an injury concern slider like Lattimore (which may need to be taken with the next pick), and spend the other 2 choices at OL and DL.

Khaseem Greene, I don't think we've taken enough Rutgers players

I'd like to see the Patriots double up at WR but I'd be perfect fine with them going any one of DT or OL.

My preference is Patton or da'rick Rogers. I'm also fine with Barrett Jones, Jesse Williams or Marcus lattimore

My preference is Patton or da'rick Rogers. I'm also fine with Barrett Jones, Jesse Williams or Marcus lattimore

Pretty much this. Tho there are a few more WR i would be happy with.

trade down for 4 7th rounders

The Patriots have a chance to recover from their amazingly stupid pick
in round 3. The other 31 teams have made a list of the remaining top players who are left on the board (Jamie Williams, Barrett Jones, etc.). I think the
Patriots will seek out pigs in pokes and birds in the bushes with the
pick.
They will do this by doing exactly what you suggest by trading down for
a 5th or 6th and a 7th round pick. This will perrmit Bill and the boys to get a little extra sleep this morning.

Patton or Rodgers at WR
Jessie Williams
Jordan Poyer
Marcus Lattimore
Barret Jones.

Have a funny feeling the pick will be DE David Baas. Patriots had him in for a workout and I bet he did well. Early, but I think he has got big time potential. Hope they trade up with a couple of those 7ths and grab him in the 6th.

My selection for a wasted pick is Devin Taylor. Physical freak. May be a bust, but ....

i think its gotta be khaseem greene or quinton patton theyre too much value ones a cover lb and maybe the best in the draft and quinton patton was expected to go 2nd round and some mocks had him late 1st they make too much sense

I sincerely hope after Belichick leaves we get another Bobby Grier to be GM and the Patriots go 2-14 for about 5 years, the fanbase here has it coming.

I see it being traded to get a lower 4th and either a 5th or 6th rounder....

Being it was Minnesota’s pick, it is at the top of the round and has potential if they Pats want to trade down and pick up picks in rounds 5 and 6. Here are a few possibilities, based on teams with lots of picks who might be willing to trade a few to move up. The Pats’ 4th round pick has projected value of 102 points. I used a 10% range +/- for even value which most teams (Oakland excluded) have followed for this year’s trades..

1) SEATTLE- They only made 2 picks so far and have 8 picks left ( a 4, 3 5’s 2 6’s and 2 7’s) Their pick #123 (4th rounder value 49 pts) and #138 (5th rounder value 37 pts) approximate the value of #102 and lets them move up while garnering the Pats another pick.

2) GREEN BAY- They have 10 picks today ( 2 4s, 3 5’s, 2 6’s. and 3 7’s) that they likely won’t use. Their pick #109 ( 4th round 76 pts) #193 ( 6th round 14 pts) total 90 points.

3) TAMPA BAY- Given Schiano and Belichick’s friendship, I could see one here. Their pick #112 (4th 70 points) and pick #181 ( 6th round 19 pts) are the closest so far 92 vs. 89...

4)ARIZONA- Their pick #110 (4th round 74 pts) and #174 (6th round 21 pts) give 95 total points so the Pats might have to throw in a 7th rounder to get back into round 6.…

5) ATLANTA- If they wanted to move up in the round, they have the ammo to do it. They have picks #127 (4th 45 pts) and #133 (4th 39.5 pts) and that’s 84.5 pts. They would still a 5 and 2 7’s if Atl moved up to get the player they wanted.

6) SAN FRANCISCO- They have 7 picks going into today and like GB, I can’t see them using hem all. If they package pick #128 (4th round 44 points) and pick #131 (4th round 41 points), those 85 points could let them move up and still have 5 more picks…

7) I don’t see the annual Reid-Belichick trade happening because the Chiefs have so many needs, they need more picks and are not situated to make it happen with NE.. Which means it will probably happen if the Pats see someone they want at the top of round #4.….

And I didn’t even consider the possibility of trading into next year……

Cesario just called me! Steven Belichick spotted me at Boston Beer Works woofing down a huge plate of nachos and a couple of Sammy's. Thinks I can spell Vince. Woo-hoo!! Was hoping I'd go in the top 100. But, 102 is close.

Forgot to add, if Jax, KC, Oak or Philly want to pick me. I'm going to tell them I'm joining the Peace Corps. Not sure if I'm on any of their radar. Haven't interviewed with them. But, my parents live near Jax and I went to Pats/Philly game in 2011. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Lavar Edwards Draft Profile

Lavar Edwards out of LSU - 6-4 DE with long arms as a backup to Chandler Jones. He's a project for certain. He might still be there in the 7th round.

Marcus Lattimore or Da'Rick Rogers

One of these guys, if available, that they should have drafted at 91:

William Gholston, DE, 6' 7", who can swat down passes even better than Chandler Jones
Jesse Williams, DT, massive run stopper to pair with Wolfork--still learning the game
Barrett Jones, as versatile an O-lineman as has ever come out, though with a lot of mileage on his body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back