PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what kind of offense do the Pats run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Ok, I'm listening to ESPN radio and they are talking about how you really can't compare brady and manning in regards to "well brady's won with less talent at WR" because the Dolts run a "timing" based offense. So my question is, what kind of offense do we run? i honestly don't know.

An unstoppable offense?

Those guys are looking for any reason at all at this point NOT to compare Brady to Manning. All offenses require some level of timing. Some teams just use it as an excuse when it doesnt work out. But to answer the question. NE runs a balanced offense dependent on NOTHING, including timing, designed to attack a Ds weakest link and run up the score to the highest degree. Week in and week out.

Ok, I'm listening to ESPN radio and they are talking about how you really can't compare brady and manning in regards to "well brady's won with less talent at WR" because the Dolts run a "timing" based offense. So my question is, what kind of offense do we run? i honestly don't know.

The Patriots don't run a timing based offense?:confused:

That's the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard.

What kind of offense do they run? A ballanced offense. They run the ball well and pass. They plan around exposing the weakness of the opposing defense. But I guess that applies to any good offense (including INDY). Really, saying that the Colts are a timing based offense is a joke. Every offense needs to have the timing right (blocking, running, passing, etc). They are just using it as an excuse.

They run a timing offense, as far as I know.

Not to the extent Zampese did, but I think most teams use a lot of timing patterns.

It doesn't matter, they'll find something else. Sun in his eyes won't work in a dome. They still have their top receiver and you'd expect a team so focused on the passing game would develpo some backups considering their former #1 is 35 with bad knees.

Don't be angry, just laugh at the awkward excuses the Baghdad Bob's of the media come up with
and be glad you root for a franchise that doesn't make excuses.

Actually, I think that's what got Gabriel booted despite making some grabs.

Last edited:
They run a timing offense, as far as I know.

actually, the pats ran the mercy offense....

it goes like this...

if NE needs a TD, we get a TD,
if we dont need a TD, we sometimes punt to show we have some weaknesses and provide others with false hope....or we just score another TD

BB flips the coin in the sideline to decide on one, didnt u notice?

Funny, when Sayton had the gaudy stats, they had no problem making the comparison. ****ing 'tards :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes