Welcome to PatsFans.com

So what is the difference?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +451 / 6 / -2

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I think Billy would have looked a lot better if he really wanted Obama to win.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

Defend Obama Wright connection----:rofl::rofl:
  4. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He does look frustrated. He seems to be doing everything he can, giving support to McCain, without outright open endorsement. Does this not cause even a little bit of concern for any of you Obama supporters.

The question I have, I guess, is what would it take to question Obama and your loyalty to him. What would change your mind about him. Is there a rumor that if true, you would say "no way can I vote Obama"?
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

It annoys me, but doesn't cause me much concern. Clinton is trying to wear two hats -- one in which he's a nonpartisan expresident, where he doesn't so much praise McCain as give him the benefit of the doubt. The other is as a proObama partisan, but that does not get nearly the press as his more ambiguous comments get.

I think Obama has overall run a campaign that's very honest and quite decent, especially for these times. While he has certainly played politics, I think his message and his stands have been quite principled, far more principled than McCain's. That's enough for me to support him. There are important areas where I disagree with him, such as he favors (and has favored for a long time) the death penalty for some child abusers, and I agree with the SC, but overall the only way I would oppose him is if he took positions that sent him to the right of McCain.
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +451 / 6 / -2

:rofl: Stop it, please, you're killing me! :rofl:
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

When you look up "Stepford Candidate" or, even more to the point, "Manchurian Candidate 2008", Google pours out 10 trillions hits with Obama's picture ... then crashes.

Nobody in the history of American presidential politics has been as pre-packaged, as well-rehearsed, as well-financed (by sources we don't even know), as well-choreographed, or as well-coached on running as a candidate, as Barack Obama. No in history. He is the definition of the Manchurian candidate, Stepford candidate.

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=QxXh6ZWfbDg&NR=1

//
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +345 / 3 / -13

You know, if McCain wins, I won't lose any sleep over it. I definately support Obama, but I never let voting get me too up or down.

However, I think a lot of people on the right will need to get councelling if Obama wins. I just don't think republicans can fathom Obama winning. However, I will admit the thougth of Palin as our hick VP scares the dog out of me.

"Hey, let's get an attractive woman on the ticket!" My God, is she embaressing for this country.
  9. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yep, I posted the exact same clip and asked that in one of the many bash Palin threads that was lost with the server switch. Not only is their God unable to answer the question it is a very valid question. One we'll never get an answer to. Because it's just all zealots that can't reason. It's just blind following of a party and an ideology. And God dam everything else.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +451 / 6 / -2

So no race riots if Obama loses? Oh, and I think Palin squashed the embarassment bit, with her performance tonight.