PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what did it cost the Jets for Favre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-Ro, is there any feeling among Jets fans that with all the upgrades last year, the downgrade @ QB is what cost you the playoffs? I think Chad might have had a great year with the Jets as they were last year. Is that a feeling in N'Yawk or just an outside looking in perspective?

Last edited:
BTW . . . apparently Lord Favre thinks that one of the QBs already on your roster is ready to lead the team. Of course, as a Pats fan, I'm hoping he means "lead" in the same way he "led" the team in 2008. :D

K-Ro, is there any feeling among Jets fans that with all the upgrades last year, the downgrade @ QB is what cost you the playoffs? I think Chad might have had a great year with the Jets as they were last year. Is that a feeling in N'Yawk or just an outside looking in perspective?

In hindsight I as well as many Jets fans were wrong on the QB position. IMO Penny gets us in the playoffs last year with the vastly improved run game and solid D we had. However as crazy as it sounds I think Favre gave us a better chance to actual make a splash in the postseason. I outlined before why I thik Penny cant get it done but also b/c Good Favre is a top ten QB in the NFl, the only problem is that bad Favre is a botttom 5 QB in the NFL

Last edited:
There is a realistic 50/50 shot Sanchez slips to 17, that is not homerism. It San Fran passes on him at 10 he will slip unless someone trades up in front of the Jets. I dont even necessarily want Sanchez b/c I think he is too raw and has a ton of ?'s.

He has to get by SF, Detroit, KC, and Rams - Considering Cassel will be playing for ONE of those teams - He then has to get by 3 teams...just don't see it.

And that's a rough look, Washington may be looking for a QB as well.

BTW . . . apparently Lord Favre thinks that one of the QBs already on your roster is ready to lead the team. Of course, as a Pats fan, I'm hoping he means "lead" in the same way he "led" the team in 2008. :D

The thing the Jets are facing is age. A lot of those big signings from last year are in the "rapid decline" years of their game. By September it may very well be popular to call the Jets old, as opposed to the Pats D.

He has to get by SF, Detroit, KC, and Rams - Considering Cassel will be playing for ONE of those teams - He then has to get by 3 teams...just don't see it.

And that's a rough look, Washington may be looking for a QB as well.

Washington will not take Sanchez, Detroit is said to be leaning towards a LT, and I think the Rams or Chiefs would have to trade down to take Sanchez b/c they would be reaching. I dont even really want Sanchez, im just saying if you look at 95% of the mock drafts out right now, its Sanchez to the Jets or 49ers. Mayock has him as a Jet

Last edited:
The thing the Jets are facing is age. A lot of those big signings from last year are in the "rapid decline" years of their game. By September it may very well be popular to call the Jets old, as opposed to the Pats D.

I will concede Faneca looks to be on the decline but Woody was great last year despite how much I heard how he would suck, and Pace and Jenkins arent even 30 yet

Chad is too flawed to win a SB. I said this in 05 and it took 3 years to finally get rid of him after just getting by. As shown in his matchup verus the Ravens this year, Steelers in 04, Pats in 06 or in any big game after his shoulder injuries, Pennington is too limited to beat big time defenses

so is/was brett favre........good thing desmond howard showed up that day

Chad is too flawed to win a SB. I said this in 05 and it took 3 years to finally get rid of him after just getting by. As shown in his matchup verus the Ravens this year, Steelers in 04, Pats in 06 or in any big game after his shoulder injuries, Pennington is too limited to beat big time defenses

Yet Chad is not Flawed enough to take the Dolphins to the Play-Offs??

Look, Homerism allows us all to see past decisions as good ones. This was just a very BAD decision

Your problem was NOT Pennington, it was Eric - Bottom Line.

Farve had more to do with PSL's and a delusion that he could play 16 games at a high level.

All I have to say concerning Favre is GOOD RIDANCE! ABOUT TIME! What a buffoon, the guy had no brains to take some time off and get some rest. I'm so sick and tired of this moron taking up all the day's shows on the NFL Network and watching him jump around like a nerd every time he threw a TD.

I wouldnt rate this guy as a Top 10 QB of all time, half the games he threw 3 Int's and walked off the field crying or holding his thumb, not to mention he never was a team QB. So good ridance already.

All I have to say concerning Favre is GOOD RIDANCE! ABOUT TIME! What a buffoon, the guy had no brains to take some time off and get some rest. I'm so sick and tired of this moron taking up all the day's shows on the NFL Network and watching him jump around like a nerd every time he threw a TD.

I wouldnt rate this guy as a Top 10 QB of all time, half the games he threw 3 Int's and walked off the field crying or holding his thumb, not to mention he never was a team QB. So good ridance already.

yeah but tell us how you really feel.

Yet Chad is not Flawed enough to take the Dolphins to the Play-Offs??

Look, Homerism allows us all to see past decisions as good ones. This was just a very BAD decision

Your problem was NOT Pennington, it was Eric - Bottom Line.

Farve had more to do with PSL's and a delusion that he could play 16 games at a high level.
I said Chad is good enough to get you into the playoffs and maybe a win game but thats about it. Look at his track record against good defenses post shoulder surgeries. He rarely if ever gets the job done. He is a regular season QB and theres nothing wrong with that he just will never win a SB

Last edited:
I said Chad is good enough to get you into the playoffs and maybe a win game but thats about it. Look at hi trak record against good defenses post shoulder surgeries. He rarely if ever gets the job done. He is a regular season QB and theres nothing wrong with that he just will never win a SB

Neither will Trent Dilfer..........

Neither will Trent Dilfer..........

give any QB one of the 5 greatest defenses of all time and a great run game and they will win a SB.

Last edited:
I said Chad is good enough to get you into the playoffs and maybe a win game but thats about it. Look at his track record against good defenses post shoulder surgeries. He rarely if ever gets the job done. He is a regular season QB and theres nothing wrong with that he just will never win a SB

Very few QB's get the job done more than "rarely" - Slim company in the Multiple Championship Club.

Example: Peyton rarely gets the Colts to the Super Bowl, hell he rarely wins in the Playoffs.

Very few QB's get the job done more than "rarely" - Slim company in the Multiple Championship Club.

Example: Peyton rarely gets the Colts to the Super Bowl, hell he rarely wins in the Playoffs.

ok let me express my true feelings then. Chad Pennington post shoulder surgeries NEVER gets the job done versus a good D in a big spot. That goes from the 04 season to today, you will be hardpressed to find one game and dont even bother to look at the post season stats

Last edited:
give any QB one of the 5 greatest defenses of all time and a great run game and they will win a SB.

Except Chad Pennington? ;)

give any QB one of the 5 greatest defenses of all time and a great run game and they will win a SB. See Brad Johnson

That's right. QB is the most important single position on the team, but it's not the only position that counts. Your post is pretty much my point. I thought the Jets were right to get Favre because it was clear that Pennington was out of favor with the coaching staff and Favre was an upgrade, but Pennington is a very accurate quarterback who can give teams fits. That's why I stated that the moves would help both the Jets and Dolphins.

Unfortunately, most fans have completely unrealistic expectations about players, and nowhere is is more obvious than at the QB position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back