PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what are we supposed to do w/15 mins left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does anyone care?? I like my team vicious and without mercy. This is football not hopscotch, you dont like it tough try and stop it then. We want to score on you and we will score on you because you are weak and this game is the survival of the fittest. This PC crap and respect for the game only come from those who can't put it up. If they are ever apart of team that can they will change their tune.

I cannot think of another serious sport where it is considered controversial for players to stop trying to score (which is all they are there to do) before the end of a game. And in many the "garbage" time is when players who have worked hard for an hour or more to kill off their opponents to enjoy themselves and put on a bit of a show.

Fans pay good money to watch a 60 minute game. Television companies pay insane money to broadcast these games. It is truly bizarre - and actually runs against the ethos of competitive sport - to believe that people should stop trying just because their opponents are poor and so far behind.

It's an insult to the paying fans and actually opposing players hould consider it insulting, patronising and condescending when teams take their foot of the pedal against them.

That is, in effect, a public display of pity. And I think if it were me on the field I would consider that much more humiliating than getting blown out the way the 'Skins did.

When Polian's Colts get their azzes handed to them on sunday, I'm sure he'll lobby for a mercy rule this offseason.

I don't believe this to be true but...

Take the starters out.

why?.. the starters of the other team are still there, why should we take ours?.. so that they can score to save face... if the other team felt like theyre beat entering the 4th, they should take out there starters, rest them and get ready for the next weeek's game...

Yeah meanwhile, Polian is already whining about having to play the week after being on Monday night... and then playing the Pats... wahhhhhh....

I have a much more straightforward response for the "running up the score" whiners:

Tell it to Donovan McNabb and Runo Mahe, who pissed us off talking about how society owes them a ring.

Tell it to every dumb hack journalist in America, who bought into the "asterisk theory" of the Pats' success... not to the extent of "oh that's disappointing," but to the extent of "maybe they weren't that good..."

Tell it to every jackass who said the reason the Pats beat them is they cheated.

You take a team 4 points shy of the super bowl, pump it full of outstanding new talent, and then back them up against a wall with something to prove, and what the F*CK do you think is gonna happen?

Skins fans need to be going after the people that put this in motion. Your team, and many others, must suffer, to remove all doubt.

Do you understand what you're dealing with now?

Good.

PFnV

Last edited:
Yeah meanwhile, Polian is already whining about having to play the week after being on Monday night... and then playing the Pats... wahhhhhh....

I have a much more straightforward response for the "running up the score" whiners:

Tell it to Donovan McNabb and Runo Mahe, who pissed us off talking about how society owes them a ring.

Tell it to every dumb hack journalist in America, who bought into the "asterisk theory" of the Pats' success... not to the extent of "oh that's disappointing," but to the extent of "maybe they weren't that good..."

Tell it to every jackass who said the reason the Pats beat them is they cheated.

You take a team 4 points shy of the super bowl, pump it full of outstanding new talent, and then back them up against a wall with something to prove, and what the F*CK do you think is gonna happen?

Skins fans need to be going after the people that put this in motion. Your team, and many others, must suffer, to remove all doubt.

Do you understand what you're dealing with now?

Good.

PFnV

Re McNabb, I think if you hear the audio, he was laughing and the reporters laughed too. I would not put him in the idiots category.

god forbid we lose in the playoffs then you know what these idiotic media types will say ?
"they took them out early in so many games that they never play a lot of complete games so they are rusty " and what not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back