PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what are we supposed to do w/15 mins left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I do think the likes of Cassell should have come in earlier. One terrible day we may have no choice but to play him, I'd like to see him get as much playing time as possible in these circumstances.

The Redskins were insulted that we continued to play in the 4th quarter...

Instead, the Patriots offense should bring out a few folding card tables, sit down... play a few hands of Texas Hold'em until they have to punt

Apparently that would be less insulting to them than actually playing the game of football

I cannot think of another serious sport where it is considered controversial for players to stop trying to score (which is all they are there to do) before the end of a game. And in many the "garbage" time is when players who have worked hard for an hour or more to kill off their opponents to enjoy themselves and put on a bit of a show.

Fans pay good money to watch a 60 minute game. Television companies pay insane money to broadcast these games. It is truly bizarre - and actually runs against the ethos of competitive sport - to believe that people should stop trying just because their opponents are poor and so far behind.

It's an insult to the paying fans and actually opposing players hould consider it insulting, patronising and condescending when teams take their foot of the pedal against them.

That is, in effect, a public display of pity. And I think if it were me on the field I would consider that much more humiliating than getting blown out the way the 'Skins did.

It should never be an issue when the backups score. As in the preseason, the backups should try their best to score.

The issue revolves around Brady being in with score at 38-0. And yes, the colts would have kept Manning in also.

We put Matt Cassel in the game with 8 minutes to go. Brady and Moss were both out of the game. Their D still could not stop us.They couldn't stop our back up QB. The guy rushed for a TD. They couldn't stop that?
That sounds like it's their problem, not ours.

The nuts and bolts on why a GOOD coach (BB) keeps the offense moving forward is simple. It's the easiest way to insure the health of their Defense. Should the Pats just hand the ball over to the other team and let them beat the crap out of your Defense for the sake of "fairness".

Theres no such thing as class in football.

Jr. you don't know what you're talking about. There is both class and classlessness--and plenty of each. And the Patriots have much more of their share of class.

For part of the answer, look at who the Skins play next week. That's right. The Pats did anything they wanted on Sunday, anything. Next week the Skins will do anything they want to the Jets. There will be a contrast in the scores.

Good.

As far as I'm concerned, after the media tirade earlier this year, a tirade that keeps on going, Belichick gets a free pass to run up the score on anyone at any time.

Should we just hand them the ball until they get closer?

"Here, we really don't need this set of downs. Hell, the way Vrabel's playing we have as much of a chance of scoring as you do, so just take the ball with our compliments.":D

I'll ask the question again. Do you honestly believe they had any chance of coming back? And if they did, I'd have no problem with BB doing what he did in Miami by putting Brady back in. It's like we're becoming the Raidor Nation where we enjoy be hating by the league.

It should never be an issue when the backups score. As in the preseason, the backups should try their best to score.

The issue revolves around Brady being in with score at 38-0. And yes, the colts would have kept Manning in also.

I agree with you. If the back up's are in, run the offense based on situational football. My issues is trying to run up the score when the game is way out of hand and secondly the risk of injury to our starters when the game is essentially over. I don't believe anyone on the other side of the arguement from most posters on this site believes the Pats should pull the starters when the game is in question.

This board was sure peeping!

Correction:
There was no peep from the wonderful sports media about it. This is from the recap of the game:

"It was another efficient performance for the league's defending co-MVP."

It's amazing how differently we are treated.

I live in Maryland and have been on the Ravens and Skins sites this AM. We are getting crucified for "running" up the score, particularly by the Ravens fans. Belicheat, as he is called in Baltimore is to blame, not the players. Apparently the Pats need to bench the 1st string and start taking knees as soon as we are up by 30+ points.

I still like Ditka's comment, if a team doesn't like it, stop em......

Isn't it more disrespectfull to say, "hey, you ovisouly can't play with us. Why don't we throw our scrubs in MAYBE you can stop them. You know who else it's disrespectful too? ME. I pay to go to games, I buy hats, hoodies, jerseys, and watch, enabling them to have lucrative TV deals. All I want in return is to be entertained with a good product. Watching backups gain 0 yards a play is not entertaining. Funny, when Cassell was put in last week, who caught the int? JASON TAYLOR, not only a starter, but a PRO BOWLER and potential HOF canidate. So that means that they are still playing to win.
So screw them, screw the other teams fans. We had to deal with years of watching the Pats get owned, boo frekity hoo, they can deal with it too.
Besides, if they don't like it they can change the channell. Then they son't have to worry about whose starting.
ON a side note, I remember being at consecutive Denver/pats games in 96/97 where the Pats got owned. I think the scores were roughly 40-10. I never once complained or even thought too that the Broncos were running it up. All I thought was, damn, I wish my team didn't suck.

Last edited:
I think it's more about jealousy than anything else. These opposing team fans can only wish that their team was as good as the Pats. If the shoe was on the other foot, I doubt that they would say, we should take 3 knees and punt to give them a chance to get back in the game.....
Although, I am sure, we will get some Colts fans saying just that about how Dungy and Manning are more righteous and would never run up the score.....if indeed they ever have......

Is it Sunday yet?

I think it's more about jealousy than anything else. These opposing team fans can only wish that their team was as good as the Pats. If the shoe was on the other foot, I doubt that they would say, we should take 3 knees and punt to give them a chance to get back in the game.....
Although, I am sure, we will get some Colts fans saying just that about how Dungy and Manning are more righteous and would never run up the score.....if indeed they ever have......

Is it Sunday yet?

The thing is, I would expect other fans to be mad about this, and jealous, just like I'm sure this board reacted the same way when the Colts were blowing out teams( I dont know, I wasn't here). But the way the media, and opposing players have been complaining like nobody has ever blown a team out before, is simply disgusting.

Last edited:
Its funny, last week the skins fans were laughing at Dallas fans complaining about the last touchdown the patriots scored on Dallas and now they are whining and crying about the pats running up the score on them.
priceless !!

did we whine last year when san diego and indy blew our doors off in the regular season. NO, its not the BB way.

what happened in miami when we didnt move the chains in the 4th quarter.......they scored twice.

As Fans we should just chant Lucas Lucas Lucas or Rudy Rudy Rudy or even Let's Go Bruins.

It's a blowout. Are we supposed to run, run, run, punt? I'm sick and tired of hearing people blast us for doing what our offense is supposed to do. Score!
:mad:
The title of your thread says it all. No whiny analyst or post-game crybaby can come up with an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back