PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what are we supposed to do w/15 mins left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunqueen212

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
It's a blowout. Are we supposed to run, run, run, punt? I'm sick and tired of hearing people blast us for doing what our offense is supposed to do. Score!
:mad:

There are so many similar blowouts throughout NFL history.... Why are the Pats the only ones taking **** for it?

I don't believe this to be true but...

Take the starters out.

We've won every single game this season by blowing out our opponents. If we were to just sit on a lead like these haters suggest, we would not only not be undefeated, Brady and the first string offense who just came together this year would have played an equivalent of 2 games sitting on the sidelines.

Last edited:
The Pats will stop trying to score when the other team stops trying to score. Otherwise, play the game and stop whining!

We put Matt Cassel in the game with 8 minutes to go. Brady and Moss were both out of the game. Their D still could not stop us.They couldn't stop our back up QB. The guy rushed for a TD. They couldn't stop that?
That sounds like it's their problem, not ours.

There are so many similar blowouts throughout NFL history.... Why are the Pats the only ones taking **** for it?

Because we're better than that. It at least I thought we were.

They hate us for our freedom (and our coach, our QB, our receivers, our defense, etc....).

Because we're better than that. It at least I thought we were.

When the other team stops playing, we can stop playing. As far as I'm concerned, the Skins were still competing evidenced by the onside kick and TD in garbage time.

I have a question. Did we have the personnel in the 4th quarter to milk the clock with a minimal passing game? I mean our blocking TE was out. I think we only had Rivers as our only healthy TE. And our RBs were not doing all that great. So what are we supposed to do? You've got to take what the defense gives you.

Its funny, last week the skins fans were laughing at Dallas fans complaining about the last touchdown the patriots scored on Dallas and now they are whining and crying about the pats running up the score on them.
priceless !!

When the other team stops playing, we can stop playing. As far as I'm concerned, the Skins were still competing evidenced by the onside kick and TD in garbage time.

I have a question. Did we have the personnel in the 4th quarter to milk the clock with a minimal passing game? I mean our blocking TE was out. I think we only had Rivers as our only healthy TE. And our RBs were not doing all that great. So what are we supposed to do? You've got to take what the defense gives you.

There is an alternative, every time we got the ball Cassell or Brady in the 4th quarter could have just taken a knee and run out the clock, and then punt it to the Redskins so they have a chance to catch up.. maybe that would have been more polite and everyone would have loved us. Another warm and fuzzy dream about the NFL.

It's a blowout. Are we supposed to run, run, run, punt? I'm sick and tired of hearing people blast us for doing what our offense is supposed to do. Score!
:mad:

I get alot of flack over this on the CMB-Honestly, I'm shocked the Pats just get scrutinized even if they decide to take a crap.

FWIW-Parcells tried to run up the score a few times here in Dallas(AZ last year when he went for it on 4th twice, instead of kicking the FG. And against Tampa when he left all of his starters in when the game was out of reach-wanted to SMACK him when he didn't pull Romo and Gurode).

And FWIW too-Andy Reid has run up the score on us a couple of times.

Do you honestly believe they had any chance of coming back? They were down six or seven TD's.

Do you honestly believe they had any chance of coming back? They were down six or seven TD's.

I wonder why Andy Reid never gets scrutizined-seriously, when his team is WAY ahead in the 4th, he continues to throw bombs(I've yet to see BB do that).

Then I ask the question again. What are you supposed to do and is this what you would recommend we do for all 8 games that we've played in which we've had a blowout. Sit out our offense for an equivalent of 2 games? You would recommend run, run, run, punt and let our defense take the brunt of the opponent's desperate attacks? That's nutty!!!! I'd rather our offense run out the clock than the offense of the other team.

Should we just hand them the ball until they get closer?

"Here, we really don't need this set of downs. Hell, the way Vrabel's playing we have as much of a chance of scoring as you do, so just take the ball with our compliments.":D

There is 60 minutes of Football. Not 45, not 50, not 55, but 60. Great teams play hard for all 60 of those minutes, regardless of the score.

If you don't want our team to take the field in a blowout with time still left, make a mercy rule. Until then, STFU.

You have to play and play hard for all 60 minutes.....otherwise, you risk letting the other team back in the game, or worse, injury from playing complacent....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes