PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So we're in FA with money and Housh's price is headed for the basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I don't think he's a real good possibility, but he sure is getting cheaper by the minute.

Would you guys pull the trigger for an an incentives deal, maybe $3 mill guaranteed plus maybe $4M/year for two years?

ProFootballTalk.com - T.J. TAKES AIM AT “DUMMIES”

Receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh thought that money was going to be flowing into his bank account once free agency began. He likely viewed himself as one of those Friday press conference guys, smiling and laughing and holding up his jersey and talking about how he just wants to make a difference.

But it’s Sunday, and T.J. hasn’t signed. Presumably, because he can’t get anyone to offer him the kind of cash he thought he’d be getting.

Last edited:
Re: So we're in FA with Money and Housh's price is headed for the basement.

I don't think he's areal possibility, but he sure is getting cheaper by the minute.

Would you guys pull the trigger for an an incentives deal, maybe $3 mill guaranteed plus maybe $4M/year for two years?

I definitely would do it. I know we need other positions resigned and upgraded, but an 3 WR set with Moss, Welker, Housh, Watson at TE and Faulk in the backfield would be impossible to stop. I don't think he's too expensive to at least try it.

Re: So we're in FA with Money and Housh's price is headed for the basement.

I don't think he's a real good possibility, but he sure is getting cheaper by the minute.

He's a dummy, I think that's the problem. Seriously, very talented and should be sought after. He could be his own worst spokesman, though.

I'd say skip it. We should be able to draft a decent 3rd receiver or pick one up for less $$ than this guy is looking for. We need lots of help on defense, which is where I think BB is concentrating all his efforts.

Absolutely not. This guy's ego can't fit inside the stadium. And the article basically confirms that. I'd rather take Ronald Curry, who has more potential, in my honest opinion.

I would rather get Bodden and Springs and then pick up a Mike clayton type player. Gaffney wont be hard to replace.

I hate that guy, screw him.

I agree; a guy who drops wide open TD's vs the Colts that end up costing the Patriots a playoff spot shoud not be hard to replace.

This guy got cut by the Texans lest we forget.........

absolutely not. This guy's ego can't fit inside the stadium. And the article basically confirms that. i'd rather take ronald curry, who has more potential, in my honest opinion.

Are you serious?

Last edited:
Considering the ******ed contracts just handed out to Michael Clayton & Brandon Jones, Housh will get his.

LOL Curry is not a better receiver than Housh. Get real. But Housh will command too much money for the Pats to be interested. Minimum of 7M+ Probably closer to 9M+. If we pay out FA dollars this season, I'd want the targets to be OLB, CB, S, in about that order.

I agree; a guy who drops wide open TD's vs the Colts that end up costing the Patriots a playoff spot shoud not be hard to replace.

This guy got cut by the Texans lest we forget.........

Gaffney didn't get CUT by the Texans. They chose to let him explore free agency after his rookie contract expired.

Are you serious?

Why wouldn't I be serious? Look what Curry has done with the garbage QBs that the Raiders have.

Curry doesn't have the ego that Houshmandzedah has. Curry would be less expensive and Curry has the speed and ability for the intermediate routes that the Pats need opposite Moss.

Gaffney didn't get CUT by the Texans. They chose to let him explore free agency after his rookie contract expired.

To be fair, he was cut by the Eagles. I like Gaffney, though.

Last edited:
LOL Curry is not a better receiver than Housh. Get real. But Housh will command too much money for the Pats to be interested. Minimum of 7M+ Probably closer to 9M+. If we pay out FA dollars this season, I'd want the targets to be OLB, CB, S, in about that order.

How about you read what was actually posted instead of throwing in your erroneous assumptions. I said I felt that Curry has more potential at this point than Housh. I didn't say he was BETTER. And you wonder why you and I have issues. Its cause you don't friggin read what was posted. You just make sh!t up.

As for what to target, I agree that the Pats need to target those positions, but they also need to target a WR. And most of the WR available should be able to be signed for very modest salaries.

theres no way he is signing for that low. if he were, every team in the league would be after him. of course we would take him at that price

Why wouldn't I be serious? Look what Curry has done with the garbage QBs that the Raiders have.

Curry doesn't have the ego that Houshmandzedah has. Curry would be less expensive and Curry has the speed and ability for the intermediate routes that the Pats need opposite Moss.

Curry is the most underachieving WR in the league. He can't run routes at all. Housh is one of the best WRs in the league. There's absolutely zero comparison between the two. Curry had 181 Yards last season, so I don't know what you mean by "look what he's been able to do" he absolutely stinks.

Whether or not you like Housh's attitude or if you think he'd be a bad fit for this team because he's too expensive is different than saying he has more "potential."

Last edited:
Given me Mike Furrey on a one or two year veteran minimum type of deal over paying a lot of money to Whoseyourmamma. Hell, that way you could add a Toomer or Galloway for cheap money and have one of the best WR corp in the league.

I think Whoseyourmamma is looking to be the guy somewhere. I don't think he is willing to be the third option for Brady even with his reduced salary demands.

To be fair, he was cut by the Eagles. I like Gaffney, though.

I know that Gaffney was cut by the Eagles. And there was different reasoning there. He was cut because they signed Stallworth.

I liked Gaffney also. What I find ironic is that the people slamming Gaffney for the dropped catch against the Colts are the same ones who were touting Gaffney after the 2006 season and slamming Caldwell for a dropping a "wide open pass" against the Colts that cost the Patriots a play-off game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes