Welcome to PatsFans.com

So, we shot up a British convoy... just "Fog of War" stuff, or?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Feb 7, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it happened a week into Bush's lie-laced invasion, so i find any of this stuff all quite culpable ... despite being a mistake of friendly fire...

but, could someone first explain to me why "reservists" are left piloting an A-10 tankbuster jet, one of the most deadly pieces of weaponry in military history, just days into the invasion?

then if anyone could tell me why the supposed "biased left wing" mainstream media never touched on this here in the States until now?

third, if anyone actually watches the 15-minute video, could they tell me how many times the targets were identified by the pilots as having "orange panels" on them? a clear symbol for "friendlies?"

Orange panels

watch the video here

By TOM NEWTON DUNN
    Defence Editor
    February 06, 2007

THE Sun today publishes the full, disturbing truth about how the US pilot of an A-10 tankbuster jet broke all the rules to shoot up a British convoy in the Iraq war.

We obtained the ****pit videotape at the centre of a diplomatic row between the two Allies.

It shows how the pilots — reservists who had never been in action before — made SIX crucial errors.

They left 25-year-old Lance Corporal of Horse Matty Hull dead and four comrades from the Household Cavalry Regiment seriously injured.

On the tape, one pilot — call sign POPOV36 - appears to gloat sickeningly during the attack.

He is egged on by the second — call sign POPOV35 — who encourages: “Get him, get him!”

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +469 / 12 / -14

USAFR pilot all sorts of deadly jets from A-10 to F15 & 16. You didn't realize that?

HAHAHAHAHA

Yes probably fog of war, pilots and other members of the military are human (despite what libs think of them), they do make mistakes, tragic ones. It would be imposile for someone like yourself who has no clue about the military (can we assume you've never been in the military?) to understand.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

Billy Blue Dress Bombed The Chinese Embassy When He Had His Little War
    :singing: :singing:

"Oh Look Harriet, isn't that Sandy Burglar"

"Yes it is"

"Whats all that stuff sticking out of his pants"

"Those are secret documents, he just stole them"

"Oh"
    :eek:

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +914 / 7 / -3

Agenda Boy probably held a toy gun once, or played with his GI Joe's just yesterday, and thus considers himself a 4 Star combat vet. FF is awful, and obviously extremely unfortunate. This isn't the first time it's happened, and sadly won't be the last. It's happened in Afghanistan a few times too. Oh, and reservist pilots aren't the only ones who commit it. Hamid Karzai almost died from friendly fire.

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Pat Tillman.

//

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

It Happens In Every War, The Democrats Had All Kinds Of Excuses When It Happened In Clintons War, Some Of Them Were Trying To Blame God.

They Don't Dare Blame Allah.

War Is Hell.

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah... reservists should be restricted to flying only our non-lethal jets, like the F-14, F/A-18 and the F-22. Those can't do any real damage. :rolleyes:

8. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +315 / 3 / -3

All Reservists and Guardsmen do is train.

They're as qualified to fly as anyone else.

Poop happens when humans are involved.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you're swiftly replacing Fog as the biggest D!ck on the board... what do we have for him, Don Pardo?

not only do you "back up" your claims with unfounded assertions of facts from Slate, etc., but then you make assumptions of other posters and laugh like a retard about them...

did i not acknowledge it was a mistake by the pilot? but mistakes made in an illegal war all go on the moron who lied to get us there...

at least one of my questions was answered, thanks... however, no one wants to acknowledge the MSM's avoidance of such an unflattering story... and no one wants to estimate how many times the pilot said "i see orange panels"... it's the ground controller's culpability, not the pilots...

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +914 / 7 / -3

I'm sure the pilot, and everyone else feels so great about what happened, that the MSM should drag asses through the mud because....because...?

What purpose does reporting on it every 5 seconds serve, other than to satisfy your Agenda that GW sucks, and soldiers blow.

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +469 / 12 / -14

You asked why USAFR pilots were flying a 'deadly' plane like the A-10. You're question revealed your deep ignorance about our military. I thought given you pretensioness when discussing things like our strategy and tatics in fighting the GWOT, this sort of stupidity was hilarious.

YMMV

BTW your personal attacks are pretty lame and only serve to reenforce you inability to give a coherent response to most questions. Are you really a young kid like many of us suspect? I will give you a pass whne you make stupid statements if you are.

I don't want to be mean to a little kid.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

all you're doing is saying that it is indeed SO that reservists routinely fly A-10s... you're not answering my honest question, which was "Why are they flying them?" ... i never indicated i was an authority on military procedure, which is why i asked a question... so, really, there's no need to be your usual d!ckish self about it... if you're such a pro, perhaps you could simply answer the question... are there not enough experienced pilots?

as for the personal attacks, again, you opened that can of worms with me long ago... shall i reference?

as for stupid statements (even though mine was a question, not a statement), you own the award for that with your moronic assertions in the Libby thread... stupidity, they name IS patsfan13....

13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +469 / 12 / -14

They are flying them because the USAF have established units of A19 as part of the reserve force and the pilots train with the planes, silly boy.

14. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +315 / 3 / -3

Seemed to have gotten lost.

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

The President, GW Bush can fly a fighter plane, I was wondering if you happened to know that, his Mother was watching the day he got his wings, she had his little dog with her, the President loves dogs.

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Harry Boy,
    Aren't you offended that you call yourself "Boy"?

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

Nope
    When I Was Born The Doctor Said
    "It's A Boy"

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +914 / 7 / -3

It's funny how Agenda Boy offers up criticisms, attacks the usual suspects as his agenda dictates, and then says he was merely "asking" a question when his ignorance is exposed.

Hmmm...does anyone know why we would have reservist pilots flying planes with bombs on them? Sheesh. Seems kinda dumb don't it? Matter of fact, by that logic, why do we have reservist infantry carrying guns with bullets in them? What a dumb system eh?

:violent:

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

here's what's dumb: comparing the capabilities and coordinations needed to effectively operate an A-10 to those needed to hold and fire a gun... mmmm, yeah...

anyhow, i notice you don't acknowledge me when i directly ask you to stop calling me "boy"... why is that, coward?

20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +469 / 12 / -14

Cause you sound like a little kid? PRess C