PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So to summarize the last couple of months...

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
1. Pats have amazing comeback victory over our toughest opponent, Ravens, in a game that unfolded like many of our losses to them.

2. Pats absolutely destroy Colts, which is beyond delicious.

3. Deflategate happens, creating a feeding frenzy on the public image of the Pats integrity. This includes a very public revisiting of the past misinformation that’s enabled the haters, and the entertainers masquerading as journalists. Leaks of the investigation happen on a schedule that would make any press office proud, putting more blood in the water. High profile Patriots are humiliated by absurdly loaded questions in front of national audiences. The League is silent while all this happens. Kraft FINALLY comes out publicly to defend his team.

4. Pats win one of, if not the, best Super Bowls in history. TB leads yet another 4th Q game winning drive (two of them, really). They overcome another miracle catch with almost no time left, and seal it with perhaps the most clutch play in SB history.

5. Deflategate falls apart, as League officials are seen as ineptly managing both the leaks coming out of their office and the in-game management of footballs. Once again, a former Jets employee is at the heart of a Pats’ persecution.

6. A small number of competent journalists highlight the inconsistency, incompetence, and hypocrisy of the League, and to a lesser extent the media.

7. The unthinkable happens:

a. Some fans without a predetermined position on the Pats start to see the Pats as the victims here, and others as perpetrators. This provides a few members of the media the opportunity to review the past “accusations” of “cheating” and demonstrate the injustice there, too. We get a tiny taste of justice and "I told you so."

b. Pats fans everywhere actually enjoy SB victory #4 even more, which if you’d asked in December, would have seemed impossible. The desire for #5 actually grows stronger.​

Bottom line: I thought by now I'd be coming down off of #4 a little bit, but I'm not, and I think Deflategate becoming NFLincompetencegate is actually helping me maintain the joy. I don't think I'm alone here.

Last edited:
"NFLincompetencegate" That's what this is really about.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back