Welcome to PatsFans.com

So this is the first I've heard of this theory

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Patsman, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patsman

Patsman On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If there is ANY truth to this one, BB is pure genius/mad:

This is coming from someone who worked Gillette stadium security and has ties:

Some are throwing out the possibility that the whole spygate thing was actually intentionally done by BB. Reason being is that BB was aware that there were a number of teams doing it and that by getting caught and exposing this trick of the trade, he knew it would affect other teams much more than it would him - he felt it's a much bigger advantage to more poorly coached teams. Hence, some of the reason that you are seeing a lot of teams play really ugly football/suck this year is a product of the exposure this has gotten and the elimination of filming of this stuff. He said that the Pats have such elevated technology at Gillette, that they can still go ahead and do this at home without anyone ever finding out.

Was also told that he was much closer to losing his job because of the fiasco that you would be lead to believe. Apparently Kraft was completely blindsided by it, embarassed and didn't see it coming at all.

Take it as a grain of salt. Probably all gossip, but mildly interesting.

2. Nordy

Nordy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whatever you say buddy.

3. Pats fan in Vikes land

Pats fan in Vikes land On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wouldn't doubt any of it, but we'll never really know for sure.

4. nummit

nummit Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

$750,000 and a #1 pick is a steep price to pay just to try and effect other teams

5. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The stadium security guys knows the ins and outs of Bob Kraft's hiring and firing decisions? Whatever. That's like the copier guys at my old law firm thinking they knew what was going on with the founding partners. They were never right, though they always had lots of theories.

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I also heard a rumor that the video that was sent to the NFL was of other teams doing the same thing.

7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I do think the level of football has really gone down this season, especially quarterback play, however... I mean this is totally crazy if Belichick did this, he was willing to face public ridicule and scorn in order to gain a competitive advantage?

You never know...

8. bclaff

bclaff Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was actually discussing the possibility of that with someone today. Everyone was saying that BB is too smart so why did he do something that was easily going to get him caught. The only thing I could think of was that last year Miami and the Jets beat us and my guess is that they used this exact method to do it. Seeing as this year we had the tools to go 19-0, BB might have wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. To do this attention had to be brought to the situation. Rather than Rat someone else out, he gets caught on purpose and accomplishes what he wanted without being a Rat. In the process, Ratgini will never get another coaching job again after the Jets fire his butt.

9. NEPat

NEPat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No way does Belichick do it on purpose, that's way too crazy of a theory. The simplest exlanation is the right one: Belichick f'd up and got caught. I can buy that Kraft was livid about it, but not that he was close to firing Belichick.

Because along with being so smart, he's also arrogant. That's what can get you caught.

10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Through 8 games, have there been any articles about the general horrible quarterback play in the NFL?

I wish someone could find out what the average QB rating is in the league this year compared to years past...

11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

Oliver Stone would like to hear from you. :D

12. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +952 / 7 / -14

#75 Jersey

[​IMG]

13. BingoBrown

BingoBrown On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I doubt he did this on purpose but...like any great leader he turned
    a bad situation into an (its us against against the world):D

I bet he has memorized Sun Tzu backwards and forwards.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  14. Patstopia

Patstopia Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

This thread reads like Deja Vu all over again!:D

15. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +322 / 27 / -15

Belichick put in place a policy several years ago, that had as its basis, a defense on legalistic grounds of interpretaion of an ambiguous policy. He knew he would be judged by a lawyer, used to lawyerly interpretations, like Taliabue.

I suspect he never even reviewed the long standing policy and then, when caught, was judged by a non-lawyer, seeking to prove he was a tough guy to more than just the criminal element individuals.

16. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +239 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Those stats will still be equal to any other year because Brady is making up the difference.....

17. Pats_AZ

Pats_AZ On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ok....I'm gonna say that i could buy that. He is a genius, isn't he? That would be some "way thinking outside of the box" kinda thing to do. hmmmmmm

18. wizwor

wizwor On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#95 Jersey

Well, I threw this theory out way back when. Assuming BB is too smart to get caught at something like this, why would he do it? To put a spotlight on the practice. My theory was/is that Indy used this to undo the Pats in the second half of the AFCCG. Kraft probably complained quietly and was told to go polish his Lombardis.

So, the Pats have a game in Indy this year that may determine HFA for the playoffs -- and may even determine the next SB Champ. BB puts a spotlight on the practice and we lose a #32 pick and cash for a championship.

Since I first proposed this conspiracy theory, others have identified Colts employees as masters of this technique. To me this sounds more plausible than Bill is Stupid or Bill is Arrogant. Bill is Bill and he does nothing that does not contribute to a win.

We'll see Sunday. I wonder if the Dome will be quieter Sunday. It is also rumored that the Colts feed crowd noise into the sound system.

In Bill We Trust

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  19. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

How are you so sure of this conclusion?

20. wizwor

wizwor On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#95 Jersey