PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So there's a game tonight ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know, it's the dreaded fourth pre-season game and all that. But we'll all be watching, right? So let's discuss.

Curran had a pretty good piece on what to watch and makes a good point about the importance of keeping Hoyer healthy:

He's a damn important player on this team and the Patriots don't need him dented. Keeping him from taking a seat with ice attached to any of his appendages is vital.

Patriots ready to put a bow on preseason

I'm guessing Hoyer will play the first half and Robinson the second. I'd love to see what he does with the #1 OL for a full half, get him some reps working with them, but I'm not sure it's worth risking an injury to a line that doesn't have fantastic depth right now.

I want to see the defensive starters in there at the beginning if the Giants are going with Eli or their starting OL at the beginning. If neither of those things are out there, play the scrubs and get healthy for Cincy.

I know, it's the dreaded fourth pre-season game and all that. But we'll all be watching, right? So let's discuss.

Curran had a pretty good piece on what to watch and makes a good point about the importance of keeping Hoyer healthy:

Patriots ready to put a bow on preseason

I disagree. The most important thing is getting him some reps and experience so if Tom goes down he is ready. I would be less worried about him getting injured and let him play the whole game, for the experience.

If you're playing this game with fear of injury at the top of your mind, why the hell even show up? This is, hopefully, the last time Hoyer has a chance to get considerable playing time until next year. I understand guys like Brady and Moss sitting, but we still have a lot of starters that could benefit from playing a few series.

I'll be at the game tonight and hope the starters play a couple of series.

I'll be at the game tonight and hope the starters play a couple of series.

Indeed. I hope they do too, just to keep up the polish and shake out any kinks left in their systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes