Welcome to PatsFans.com

So, the Leodis McKelvin situation...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Sep 16, 2009.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

... reminds of the Joe Wilson situation.

obligatory dumb (probably white) guy, so filled with rage at the perceived "wrongdoing" perpetrated by the 'arrogant black man' in a position of power that he lets his instincts shine through and do something exponentially stupid on the stupid scale. Doing so while not really thinking, and probably assuring himself he'll never be caught/and/or held accountable for his instinctual racism.

And then the pressure mounts. ...

If you're not familiar, this story of "Coward Gone Wild" is blowing up and receiving the appropriate exposure it deserves. It's the story of a football fan so angry over a fumble that cost his favorite team a game that he went to the fumbler's home and painted a big picture of a c*** on the kid's lawn. You know, the place where the player sleeps, and loved ones of the player sleep. A highly regarded young player the team spent a very high draft pick on.

Curious, how much do you think this kid wants to be in Buffalo any longer?

Lawn of Bills' McKelvin trashed in wake of loss

FROM STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS
    September 15, 2009, 10:40 PM / 10 comments

Buffalo Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin, who fumbled a late kickoff return that led directly to the Bills' 25-24 loss to New England Monday night, found the front lawn of his home vandalized Tuesday, Hamburg police confirmed to The Buffalo News.

Police were investigating the vandalism at McKelvin's home in the upscale Briercliff Estates subdivision off Amsdell Road but declined to say anything more about the incident.

The vandalism apparently consisted of the score — 25-24 — and a graphic depiction of the male anatomy scrawled in white paint on McKelvin's front lawn.​

Now, let me be very clear here: I can't wait for the moment this hillbilly (or two) gets ratted out by his friends, or just caught by fine police work somehow. It's gonna be great. His life will be essentially over, and he'll get the persona non-grata treatment he so desperately deserves.

When you read some of the crap that spews from the fingers of some "football fans" on this Web site, you wouldn't bat an eye if it happened in our region here and the Pats started 0-1 because of a Ben Watson or Kevin Faulk drop, just for example.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +243 / 9 / -26

Think the passion of football, overcomes any semblance of common sense... see the Pats Forum.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

"...obligatory dumb (probably white) guy..."

I call race-baiting bullsh!t.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 2 / -9

------- --- ---------- ==== ............ ,,,,,,,,,,,,, ...... >>>
    <<<<<<<<<< ................ >>>>>>>>>>

*^&$# *&^**%@ :singing::singing::singing:
  5. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Completely inappropriate by this jerk, the kind of thing that scares people away from doing anything in the public eye (I know I'd never subject MY children to a run for public office by me for example)... And yet a little bit funny. Anyone else think so or am I the only one who laughed a little about that? Just the mental picture of coming home to see the score and a giant wiener on your lawn makes me giggle. Just shows how mature I am I guess. Reminds me of the new movie coming out with Patton Oswalt about an obsessed Giants fan.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 5 / -2

First off, I heard about this on the radio today, and said to myself, "some people really need to get a life". It's a stupid football game.

Secondly, nice race bait PC.
  7. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

He should have taken a knee................... After that, no comment?
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Looks like we may have a winner for the stupid post of the week.

Do you really think this way???

BTW I do hope they catch the perps and give them some jail time, this would be scary to his family, just a rotten thing to do.
  9. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Whom, are you referring to?
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

The OP of course. Trying to turn this into presumed racism is crazy and say a lot about the OP.
  11. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Press, have you been drinking? Seriously dude. I'm starting to worry about you. I know we don't always agree but I'm here for ya buddy? You know, if you just want to talk or something.

Just don't do anything rash :rolleyes:
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +243 / 9 / -26

Caught part of D & C this morning, and thought this was no big deal.. then I turned the station, trespassing on your lawn and spraying a pix of genitalia over a football game is pretty serious stuff... McKelvin has wonder if this happened now,what will happen next time.
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +403 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Indeed. While most of us see a football player screwing up, PC sees a black man screwing up. Typical of him and others who accuse people of being racist.
  14. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

You're f'n retarded. How the hell do you draw the conclusion that the guy did this to McKelvin because he fumbled, but ALSO because "he was black"? Last I checked, the color of his skin had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

Please go back and continue playing poker at Foxwoods and stop coming here. Hopefully you go completely broke from all of the losses and cannot continue to pay your internet bill so we don't have to be subjected to your race baiting trash any longer.
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I don't lose. And just because you're such a arrogant, reactionary tool, I won't be leaving either. Internet tough guy.

Regardless, it's interesting that some people would consider acknowledging this story race "baiting." Who would feel "baited" by others talking about the disgusting actions of a complete stranger unless they empathized with his actions? If it were Wes Welker who messed up, do you honestly believe anyone would paint a picture of a d*** on his lawn?

Do you feel "baited" by my disdain for the act, or merely that someone is convinced the perpetrator is white? Or is it merely that it was equated to Joe Wilson running his mouth to a black man in power?

OK, here's some "baiting": I'd say those the most indignant by the mere mention of an act like this are the ones desperate to deny that race played any factor in the act at all. I disagree. I see it all the time. Happened routinely to black athletes in college at UF.

We can leave it at that.

For the record, if the perp turns out to be black, I'll formally apologize.
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 2 / -9

Racism is a big Problem For Press Cover, I wonder, hmmmmm :confused::confused:
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 5 / -2

Dude, you sound extremely moronic. I'm being nice too. ;)

Good luck at the Wood. I mean this part. From what people tell me, there are a lot of horrible, call you till the river on a gut shot straight type players down there. It's what keeps me from wasting my time going. I play local instead.
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Thanks so much!

What's moronic is not embracing the idea of leading a player intent on calling to the river with a gutshot straight. For the one time they hit the river card, they'll lose a bundle 3-4 other times. How could you not love fishing at that pond? Plus, where are you gonna go "local" to find a sit & go?
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You mean like yourself? Your post history conveys a sentiment that you futilely attempt to deny. Typical, indeed.
  20. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Not to tap the glass, but those are the players you want to play against.