Welcome to PatsFans.com

So the Chinese Must Be Really Stupid, Right? ;)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by shmessy, Jan 9, 2010.

1. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

eSolar strikes deal to build power plants in China - Boston.com

"........The $5 billion investment would be the largest such project in China, though the companies didn't say who would be investing how much.

"This is a huge jump for China," said Deborah Seligsohn, director of the China climate program for the U.S-based World Resources Institute. "That amount suggests a number of commercial plants.

Interest in China as a solar energy market is growing quickly as the government looks for alternatives to coal. Saturday's deal comes four months after the largest solar panel maker in the U.S., First Solar, struck a tentative deal to build a massive solar field in China.....

........China is moving much faster than the U.S. in solar power development, eSolar officials said."
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 1 / -9

America is being destroyed with Political Correctness, Bankruptcy, Dirty Filthy Politicians, Lack Of Enforcing Existiting Laws, Hatred For Successful People, Fear Of Offending Islam (our enemy) And Our Love Affair With Immoralty, America Is Collapsing From Within, someday in the near future America and our Government as we know it will end we will be "Taken Over" when this happens the American people would be far better off to have China running America than the Enemy we now have but we hate to mention it, ISLAM.

China Could Save This Country From Itself And Islam.
  3. shmessy

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

I always knew Patjew was on this website for ulterior motives.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Anything to get them off of coal. Until there's some sort of breakthrough that cleans it up, coal is the worst. At the same time solar still doesn't seem like its there yet. Who knows? Maybe the Chinese politburo members want to make sure that the coal pollution isn't too close to where they live? Maybe 90% of China will continue to rely on coal while the 10% of China that's directly upwind of where the politburo lives will be all solar?

Anywho, China is run by a bunch of Harry-aged old men who see themselves as super humans. Maybe not super-powered; but definitely superior to the average, unwashed person. I wouldn't have a lot of faith in their leadership or their decisions.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 1 / -9

Nobody better mess with them.
  6. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I cashed out all my stock in this company last summer.

Excuse me while I go jump off of the over-pass. :mad::(
  7. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

eSolar strikes deal to build power plants in China - Boston.com

UN halts funds to China wind farms - CNN.com

The Chinese are far from stupid.
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

They are using our money to develop tech to sell back to us.

9. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yup. :cool:
  10. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And this just stared a few months ago??? try 1980's bud

We sold out along time ago, glad you just woke up:rolleyes:

I bet your that guy that hits another car because he didn't look for the stop sigh.........
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Whatever happened in the 80's why is the current administration subsidizing job creations programs in China when there economy is growing and while America has a 10+ unemployment rate?
  12. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did I say that? I was informing you that this just didn't start the other day but years and years ago.

Reading Comprehension is a key part of being a Mod Pats13, If I where you I would invest in it.

Thanks to Regan and Bush and Clinton, we have this problem of shipping our jobs overseas because its a lot easier and cheaper to pollute and distory another county then your own, plus out of shight out of mind.

If you want companies to have free reign and be able to **** w/e they want, you live in a different country then me, I will NOT SACRIFICE MY MORALS FOR MY IDEOLOGY.

If China wants to be #1 then be #1!!! big ******* deal.......
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +291 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

What's $5B ? We have close to 100 times that in unspent "stimulus" money. I've said all along I would be in favor of the stimulus spending IF AND ONLY IF it went to something that created permanent, long term jobs/industries not the "job for a few months and out" crap we've seen. I've focused on natural gas but, whatever, time to spend it on something real not crap.
  14. shmessy

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

15. shmessy

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

That's on just ONE project, BF.

Try to make at least a 10% attempt - - that was just lame.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +291 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Your posting every time China does anything related to alternative energy is what's lame. This is your administration. Clinton/Gore had 8 years. We borrowed a Trillion dollars to spend. We're doing nothing. Which makes me wonder what point are you going for anyway ? Is this a shot at obama because it should be.
  18. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

They have to do that because they need to curb the pollution coming from their factories , they have a window of 7 years to do just that , or they might get fined .
  19. shmessy

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

What? You're going to try to sidestep you're "What's $5b" question as if it never happened by bringing up a different point???? Sorry, we all saw it, BF. You made a statement out of ignorance because you never read the article and you decided to spout an uninformed opinion. Instead of having the decency and honesty to say "My bad, I just screwed up and gave an opinion on an article I haven't read", you hope nobody remembers while you bring up a new point of argument.

OK, I patronize you on that:

Obama is trying to go from from 0 to 60 in 10 seconds.

Bush was finally DRAGGED kicking and screaming in 2007 to propose $1.3 billion over 7 years (less than $200 million per year) to alternative energy. Obama's stimulus package, over approximately 3 years has $70 billion (avg.s $23 billion per year.) for alternative energy.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news...imulus-package-does-for-renewable-energy.html

So you're equating Bush's $200 million per year to Obama's $23 billion per year. Nice.

Clinton/Gore was 9+ years ago and the technology was nowhere near where it is now. We live in a time where the advances are coming fast and furious. Bush was 11.5 months ago - - he has no excuse other than he is a Texas oilman and was, for obvious reasons, obstructive towards alternative energy.
  20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +291 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

$70B over three years doesn't impress me either. He has a Trillion dollars in his pocket, $70B is nothing especially over three years. Let's get some new nuke plants going - actual proven technology - while the maybes are being hoped for.