PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So tell me something about Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're in for a bit of a shootout early anyway. Bowe is an excellent WR & if this revamped OL can hold it's own at all they at least stand a chance. Assuming Brady is fine we should be able to score at will though & as a fantasy owner of LJ I'm just not willing to start him against the boys in blue this week.

I think we're in for a bit of a shootout early anyway. Bowe is an excellent WR & if this revamped OL can hold it's own at all they at least stand a chance. Assuming Brady is fine we should be able to score at will though & as a fantasy owner of LJ I'm just not willing to start him against the boys in blue this week.

Even if you buy what's being sold about the defensive backs, the front seven of the Patriots should be able to control, if not dominate, the KC O line. I can't see Croyle turning this into a shoot out especially if he has to do so from his back most of the day.

I could see the Patriots "struggling" through a little bit of rust at first, but Kansas City is just too young, too bad and too poorly coached to really take advantage of a slow start. Patriots win "31-10"-ish.

KC will be beaten by 31 points that is all I know about them

Im calling 28-7. Cassel throws the last TD in the 4th after they pull Brady cause they realize Herm is coaching with the "Football for Dummies" handbook like in the "Waterboy"

Last edited:
The only thing they have going for them on offense is Larry Johnson and Gonzalez. That's about it. That team is in complete rebuild mode.

The Chiefs have already scripted thier first 6 plays.

Run, run, run, punt, run, run.

After that, they might pass. But they will probably run.

Im calling 28-7. Cassel throws the last TD in the 4th after they pull Brady cause they realize Herm is coaching with the "Football for Dummies" handbook like in the "Waterboy"

Saying 'Cassel throwing' and 'TD' in the same sentence is not possible.

There's a problem with an offense when it's best players are ones that are dependent upon others to get them the ball. Bowe is only as good as Croyle. Herm is going to play to win the game by running at the best 2-gap line in recent memory.

The offense should light that defense up. Nothing better than a nilla wafer cover-2 without the personel to execute the scheme. Should be fun!

Here's my two cents, since we play them twice a year. Their running game is always (generally speaking) solid. Gonzalez needs no introduction and can burn the best LBs and DBs with the underneath stuff. However, the biggest threat to you guys (and most teams), is Bowe. Dude is a flat out stud. Big guy, exceptionally athletic, with great hands. Watch out for him, as they'll be looking to pick apart that secondary of yours.

Defensively, they're average at best, so you guys will put up plenty of points. For some reason, we struggle with the Chefs. Even though they stink on paper, dont underestimate this team. They always come ready on game day.

The only thing they have going for them on offense is Larry Johnson and Gonzalez. That's about it. That team is in complete rebuild mode.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with Mr. Bowe. You'll know all about him by the end of the game.

Dwayne Bowe is a dangerous player no doubt about that but if all I have to worry about is a WR then I am happy

Dwayne Bowe is a dangerous player no doubt about that but if all I have to worry about is a WR then I am happy

Except there's also one of the best TEs in football on the team and a pretty darn good RB named Larry Johnson. Hey, I'm not trying to say they're an offensive powerhouse, but they do have some weapons to recon with. I'd predict a pretty high scoring affair, with NE getting the W.

Except there's also one of the best TEs in football on the team and a pretty darn good RB named Larry Johnson. Hey, I'm not trying to say they're an offensive powerhouse, but they do have some weapons to recon with. I'd predict a pretty high scoring affair, with NE getting the W.

Just as an FYI, they were the 2nd lowest scoring team in the NFL last season.

Just as an FYI, they were the 2nd lowest scoring team in the NFL last season.

That was because of their QB situation. Brody wont be able to keep pace with Brady, obviously, but they will move the ball against your secondary IMO. Unless of course, your D line and LBs are in his face all day. If they had 1/2 a QB, they "could" be fairly dangerous on offense. Regardless, it should be a win for you guys. Just keep an eye on their offensive trio.

Jonhnson has not been great since 2006.

Jonhnson has not been great since 2006.

He was never great in the first place. He ran behind a great OL. It's why there was no beat missed from Priest Holmes to LJ. Now that line is either geriatric, retired, or gone and Larry Johnson can't find a hole (Albert notwithstanding, but he's a rookie in his first real game). They also have no passing game - Brodie Croyle is a mess and Gonzalez is slow as molasses at this point. Bowe is good but the Patriots excel at taking away a team's best player.

Their defense is pretty ineffectual too. They got rid of Jared Allen. They got Dorsey and Flowers, but again rookies in their first big game and way over their head against the class of the NFL.

38-7.

He was never great in the first place. He ran behind a great OL. It's why there was no beat missed from Priest Holmes to LJ. Now that line is either geriatric, retired, or gone and Larry Johnson can't find a hole (Albert notwithstanding, but he's a rookie in his first real game). They also have no passing game - Brodie Croyle is a mess and Gonzalez is slow as molasses at this point. Bowe is good but the Patriots excel at taking away a team's best player.

Their defense is pretty ineffectual too. They got rid of Jared Allen. They got Dorsey and Flowers, but again rookies in their first big game and way over their head against the class of the NFL.

38-7.

I think you underestimate Johnson. Just because the transition was smooth from Holmes to LJ doesnt mean it was all line. He's a good back. The Chiefs always maintain a solid run game (similar to Denver). And Gonzo was never a speed threat.....doesnt need to be. Put him up against any of your secondary and he'll win....he's big and physical. You can smother him and he'll still come down with the ball. I wont argue your points about their D, because that's their biggest weakness, aside from Croyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes