PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So...should Burgess give back 55 to Seau? [He did]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I mean it should be in like new condition and all.

DISCUSS!!!

;)

Re: So............should Burgess give back 55 to Seau?

I think he probably should, but don't really care either say. Seau's a legend in the NFL, and Burgess is... Burgess.

Someone's been wearing 55 ? ;)

I guess the invisible man was weating 43 today - WTF is that for a DL/LB ?

Last edited:

I say it would be a nice gesture but first come first served, we'll see.Maybe a Rolex can settle it.

He already gave it to Seau.

/thread

Hopefully most understand this was a jest thread

The way Burgess has played the lead role in 'The Invisible Man' I would say he probably doesn't deserve ANY number on this team,He sucks - Davis got us there.

He already gave it to Seau.

/thread

Actually, when the 55 saw Seau, it jumped off Burgess' uniform and flew over to Seau's. :)

Boston.com is reporting that Burgess is wearing #53 now...maybe he'll start playing like chris slade of '93-'97

Last edited:
Friggin Burgess... he gonna amount to anything ?

I see him on the field, just not making plays.

Sure we got one over on Al Davis in the Randy Moss deal but he got us back in the Doug Gabriel fiasco and what appears to be a worthless Derrick Burgess trade...Still TBD on Seymour

Burgess should not only give back his number, he should give us back everything we've paid him. Definitely the Pats version of Hollow Man.

The way Burgess has played the lead role in 'The Invisible Man' I would say he probably doesn't deserve ANY number on this team,He sucks - Davis got us there.

Old SENIAL Uncle Al made Billy look mentally challenged on that one......guy is a waste of a roster spot.

Took Bill's Lunch Money :confused:

Trading a 3rd round pick for this guy was absolutely stupid! I liked the addition of Burgess but not for a 3rd round pick. This trade will look even worse when he is let go next season.

Sure we got one over on Al Davis in the Randy Moss deal but he got us back in the Doug Gabriel fiasco
Calling the loss of a fifth round pick a fiasco a bit over the top, I would think.

It didn't work out, but to expect all trades/FA acquisitions to work out is unrealistic. Yoku make a lot of deals. Some work, some don't. If your deals result in more wins that the other guys' deals, you did well.

How's Seymour doing for the Raiders so far?

Burgess should not only give back his number, he should give us back everything we've paid him. Definitely the Pats version of Hollow Man.

I'm not sure that Seau won't give Burgess a run for his money for that title. The man is how old now?

I'm not sure that Seau won't give Burgess a run for his money for that title. The man is how old now?

True. He's 40 years old. But they guy is at least stout against the run. He's definitely not coming into to be a full time starter as his body can't handle that. The one intangible he brings into the locker room is clearly underrated: leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes