PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, my common sense says, QB's don't decline or degrade at ridiculous rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will cut and paste what I wrote in another thread. One poster here talked about fluid hips. Nailed it.

Ok, most of you are all over the OP. But he sees there is some kind of problem here. Most people see that something is wrong with Brady. Well there is and I noticed it start sometime last season and is has gotten much worse. In my not so humble opinion the problem is with his throwing mechanics coach. Some time after his long time coach/guru Tom Martinez passed away Brady began working with Tom house. House is a well known baseball pitching coach and is also well known for teaching "linear mechanics". And indeed there is an article from last season where House states that Brady is "too rotational". Saying that a QB is too rotational is like saying a beer is too cold. There is a lot more to this but ironically Tom's hard work and effort to prolong his career is actually shooting him in the foot. Please Bill, keep House away from Jimmy G, the kid looks great.

Without the specifics have noticed a decline in Brady over the past couple of years, it was frequently a topic of conversation in the early part of last year on this MB.

Despite the decline he is still better than most QB's in the league, but Mr. Kraft and BB will not part ways with him, he is a legacy who will finalize his career as a Patriot... he has been a consistent performer for this team and part of the economic success of the Kraft Family... these folks are not that foolish.

For 14 years have watched him make chicken salad out of chicken shyt, not sure he can do it any more..

Personally have thought for a while now that after he is done he will continue to be the "face" of this organization in some capacity, thus selling the custom mansion in LA and building the new mansion in Boston.

Ok but the argument is about rapid degradation. How could Farve do what he did at 40 in Minnesota, if 2010 was a sign of his rapid degradation due to age?

If that was a sign of a skillset degradation due to age, then it makes 0 sense for him to ever bounce back the way he did when he was even older. It's irreversible. A 16 game NFL season at 40 isn't exactly something you just take a deep breath for, and keep it in your chest for half a year to give it one last shot. You either still got it or you don't.
What are you talking about. Favre was great in 2009, then he was really bad in 2010. There wasn't a bounce back after that. He retired. There was no reverse.

What are you talking about. Favre was great in 2009, then he was really bad in 2010. There wasn't a bounce back after that. He retired. There was no reverse.

I don't think this is the best example of a non-injury related age decline given the obvious implications of Bountygate.

With that noise at KC, it was hard for Tom to recognize the defense and then change the play to take advantage of what he saw. Protection calls were probably also a problem with two rookie OL in there.

This is probably one of the worst games Tommy has played but every QB has stinkers now and then. KC is a good team that played really well at home.

The offense is pretty much the same as last year except the addition of LaFell and losing Blount. We even have Gronk even if he isn't 100%. We even added a talented TE that so far has been a non-factor. So why is the offense sputtering? The answer is pretty obvious as most posters have pointed out is the OL. The two biggest disruption has been having a new OL coach and trading Mankins so late. Losing the stability of Mankins at LG has had a negative effect on Solder and play at RG has just been as bad. Center was a weak area last year and it hasn't improved so far this year.

But being optimistic an OL of Solder, Connelly, Stork, Flemming, Volmer should be an upgrade over last year once they have a chance to gell and get used to playing together. This revolving door at LG, Center and RG has to end.

Brady looks the same to me when you give him normal pass protection but to me he doesn't look like the same cool, calm and collected QB we are used to seeing when pressure is being applied. Probably because when you get the crap beat out of you week after week you might have the tendency to be a might skittish.

This weeks home game against Cin. should be a good test of where we are as a team. It should be a close game that we should win but easily could lose. Another drubbing like we had in KC and it's going to be a really long season.

The naysayer vultures are already circling looking for the demise of Brady and Belichick that they have been predicting since 2008. Heck they don't even have to think of what to post, they can just cut and paste their comments from last year.

Yes, athletes do fall off a cliff all the time. One year they are good and the next it is gone. Brady has no confidence, is rushing his throws and not throwing an accurate ball.

His problems are mental...and that might be more worrisome. If they were physical, then at least he could heal up....but, mental....how do you fix that?

Yes, athletes do fall off a cliff all the time. One year they are good and the next it is gone. Brady has no confidence, is rushing his throws and not throwing an accurate ball.

His problems are mental...and that might be more worrisome. If they were physical, then at least he could heal up....but, mental....how do you fix that?

Protect him as though he were a rookie.....dink and dunk, no huddle.....lots of reps....if could do it with brown patten Marc Edwards and wiggins, he can do it with this bunch.....unless he can't

Brady doesn't have the fluid hips to generate power like he used to. That's a natural degradation and it's only going to get worse HOWEVER, he's still a very good qb and if you give him elite weapons, he's gonna put up insane stats due to his accuracy and ability to read defenses. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he went to Tampa or Houston before the deadline this year. The Pats do not fall in love with anyone and every decision has the best interests of the team in mind, financially and what not. I just don't think there's any way the Pats take on his contract money owed the next few years if they have him on the roster at the end of the year. no way.

Houston would be the only real possibility although I'm not sure Bill O'Brien and Brady are great pals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes