Welcome to PatsFans.com

So much video of the plane crush in the hudson

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Michael, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +136 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

To what do you attribute that?

3. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -2

4. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well the "conspiracy" theories have been discussed over and over for years. But, how is it that the pentagon could have so little surveillance video? And the truth is it doesn't. WE're just not shown it. Or the video that was confiscated from businesses near by. Why? And all the video surfacing of the jet in the Hudson just emphasizes it once again.

5. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +114 / 2 / -3

That was a pretty darn blurry video of a relatively slow moving plane landing on the Hudson you showed there.

One has to think that a plane going full speed into a building would look a heckuva lot more blurry than that. Also, when a plane soft lands on water, as opposed to going full speed into an office complex, they appear more serene afterward.

I agree with you though - it is disheartening that the Pentagon seems to be somewhat protective of its security camera records. How dare the military attempt to keep secrets!

I'm sure the conspiracy theorists know what happened to the plane that supposedly went into the Pentagon, but I'd prefer just not to know myself! ;)

6. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Of course it's blurry. It's very far away and a You Tube video. And, there is several other videos as well. Soooo what exactly do they have to "keep secret" about the plane hitting the Pentagon? What is so secret about the surveillance video from a gas station across the street? How does someone with no real flight experience fly a large jet full speed over a lawn without touching the lawn? I guess it's not that hard to fly one of those things after all.

7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The military is weird like that. They'd just as soon not hand out any info on how to go about destroying vital command and control centers. Bunch of fascists if you ask me:rolleyes:

Guess which group knows more about using sonar to find, track and destroy US Ballistic Missile Submarines? (the quietest subs ever made)

Answer: the Navy, and they refuse to post what they know on Youtube too.

8. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah, better keep that top secret flying a jet in to a building technology under wraps. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

There is no gas station near the pentagon, it's surrounded by a highway with cars going 50 mph at least 100 yards away, I know, because I drive by it all the time. It's very unlikely that someone going 50 mph at the exact moment the plane hit would have there camera trained on it in a way that got any clear footage. And if you try to break out a camera near there (the parking lot) it's going to be taken away very quickly. Also, it's very likely that the images you see are the only ones the pentagon has, since they only really need a time elapsed camera for each side of the building. They set up security with espionage in mind, not attacks. People always think the government must have an insane amount of cameras everywhere at all of their buildings but that just isn't the case. Most of the security is internal, since anyone can walk up to the pentagon, it's breaking in that they're afraid of. And I've been inside many times, the security is very tight but not overwhelming like I'd imagine Langley or Area 51 to be. Plus there's guards outside and tons of people, I've yet to hear from anyone there who was watching and the building just exploded. I really doubt they'd just assume the guards would be loyal to the "plan." And I've been with a cab driver who was driving by when he saw the plane fly into it as well as a woman I know very well who was working at an office building with a distant view that saw it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  10. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

How is the hack life in DC these days/ ;)

I love that picture. Lawn untouched, roof still intact. Now that is some skilled flying. Makes the Hudson miracle look like child's play.

These are pretty cool pictures too.

Looking one way
    [​IMG]

turn 180 degrees
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

Hack life? Ooh that hurt.:rolleyes:

Which side of the building is that on? Have you ever seen a gas station surveillance camera? They're trained on the pumps not the surrounding buildings. In the second picture there's no sign anyone is near the gas station and they appear to be standing in the grass as opposed to the street in the first pic.

Did you miss the part where they trained in Florida to fly planes or were you asleep? From what I can tell the grass is nowhere near in tact and neither is the roof. There's a helicopter landing tarp on the grass which you can tell is messed up, suggesting that it's probably much later in the day.

I know fiction is fun and everything but sometimes using your brain for thinking is helpful too.

12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Go ahead and roll your eyes at me while ignoring the very pertinent question about where all those people on board went. Perhaps they all have new ID's and faces or are at Gitmo?

14. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Never said I had answers. I'm only asking a question. One that has never been answered.