PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So much for daring Brady to beat you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I got to say it struck me funny before the game, when on one of the 20/20 they said that the Vikings game plan was to take away the ground game and make Brady beat them through the air.

Now I realize Brady's timing with the receivers has started slow (though it has gotten better weekly).

But when has a team ever game planned to put the ball in Brady's hands?

Just sounds stupid to me. Though given the way the passing game looked earlier in the season, sort of understandable.

I just thought it was funny.

How many more times do you think we will hear a team say "We wanna dare Brady to beat us through the air"

Yeah, dare a guaranteed hall of famer to beat you. Good thinking, NFL. It worked for Denver but that was eons ago in terms of Brady working with his new WR. Imagine, though, now how good Dillon and Maroney will look against average run defenses when they can't sell out against the run.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Yeah, dare a guaranteed hall of famer to beat you. Good thinking, NFL.

For some reason I keep thinking about the Vonage commercial with the Girl wanting to play with the "Dolphins"

sarge said:
For some reason I keep thinking about the Vonage commercial with the Girl wanting to play with the "Dolphins"
They either knocked her cold with that box to the head or she had some good acting lessons, she fell down like she was poleaxed. Now Vonage needs to sign Brady and an actor to portray Brad Childress for their next Vonage commercial; scene opens, Coach Childress is saying their "game plan was to force Brady to beat them through the air," orange box knocks him teats up while the Public Affair's man gasps and says "Vonage, sweeeeet." Cut to Tom Brady zipping passes to Troy Brown - standard Vonage closing, "...among many, many stupid ones."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back