PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So much about the Chiefs O gameplan relates to the Pats woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I feel like Im ready about the Patriots offensive philosophy and play calling back in early 2000.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article2325004.html

“The way he puts plays together, the way he calls them in the heat of the moment ... I can’t even put it into words how he gets everybody involved so early, so fast.”

“We tried to spread around as much as we could,” Reid said. “We got Donnie (Avery) a couple too. Against that defense, it’s important that you try to get as many different receivers into the mix

“No doubt, no doubt,” Hudson said. “Any offensive lineman will tell you that. Establishing the run gets the defense on their heels a bit. Because play action opens, and other things open up as well.”

“Anytime you run the ball like that, you dictate what they’re doing
,” Smith said. “You saw so many times, we had 1-on-1 outside, and it was because we were running the ball so well. They were forced to bring an extra hat down into the box.”You can thank the Chiefs’ 26-10 season-opening loss to the Titans for the increased emphasis on the running game. In that game, the Chiefs were pass-happy, and Smith threw three interceptions.

“I think we just felt when we look back at the film that we got away from the run,” Smith said. “We got unbalanced, really one-dimensional, and it’s tough in this league to be that way. I think one of our strengths are those guys up front. And they are physical, and we’ve got the running back depth to really wear on teams.”

The Pats can run. It may not be as good as KC, but they can grind out at least 3 or so ypc. Try Devlin at RB if a bruiser will help. Cut Bolden since he is doing nothing and find a RB on the street that can help this offense.

Get rid of Almendola too.

this was a replay of the miami game. only difference is smith didn't make any dumb mistakes like tanny. they ran right through us with charles and davis.
**** you belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back