Welcome to PatsFans.com

So Little On NeoCon Libby From The Right?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Mar 7, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Apparently, they are working on a message of how to spin this crime. Typically, political craftsmanship of the Rovian variety is all over this so that when the verdict comes down, theres a quick and coherent message to explain how this was a good thing for the Rapes. Nothing doing.

So far, we have Hannity and shills saying that this was all a result of some "confusion". Poor Libby was confused. All the media and CIA etc that testified...they were all confused. And the stand by diversion tactic...there was no crime here because the leak itself was not tried.

No crime here. No crime here. No crime here.

Neo-cons, remember these three words and repeat them early and often. Rinse and repeat again. No crime here.

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yes, but instead they're flapping their wings over the "liberalism" of Wikipedia and Gore's kilowatt usage. "Please stand back!... There's nothing to see here!"

Let me see if I have this straight. This defense team that the GOP raised huge sums of money for to save their boy? Their strategy went "Libby was confused about what he knew, forgot, and then unforgot; but your 8 contradicting witnesses were even MORE confused." Then cry during closing arguments.

I guess we can all see why Dark Lord was feeling that blood clot in his leg the night before.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +540 / 6 / -2

I'm not a big Libby trial person and made that known a long time ago. The guy got convicted by a jury, deservedly so, and will do time. Good. Personally, this doesn't happen often enough in politics.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

The righties will not spend the time trying to rationalize if this guy lied that the libs do when a dem commits a crime.

If he lied he sould get punished.

You sound disappointed that no one is whining about the verdict.

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

nah, only disappointed that you took so long to finally show your face... you know, the guy who insisted it was "case closed" in Libby's favor just a month ago? the guy who insisted Plame wasn't covert, despte the FACT that the CIA, former colleagues, and special prosecutor all report that Plame was covert.

The CIA filed a “crime report” with the Department of Justice shortly after Novak’s column, stating that an undercover agent’s identity had been blown. Larry Johnson, a former CIA officer, said “Valerie Plame was a classmate of mine from the day she started with the CIA. … All of my classmates were undercover.” Special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald found that Plame had indeed done “covert work overseas” on counterproliferation matters in the past five years, and the CIA “was making specific efforts to conceal” her identity.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

I wonder how many Orgasms this PressCover kid has had since the verdict came in. :singing:

Libby's guilty, life will go on, Clinton lied to a Grand Jury and came out of it smelling like a rose, the batty f-cking democrat women still faint when they see him bite his lip.

Libby will retire after his pardon then go on speaking tours like Billy Blue Dress and make millions.

7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

If you have a link saying the investigator Fitz claims she was covert please produce it, not just the fantasy of a LW blog. Novak called CIA and the PR guy acknowledged that Plame wa s an analyst there, if she were covert he wouldn't have confirmed anything for Novak. This case had nothing to do with Plame's status just Fitz's take on Libby's testimony before the GJ and percieved discrepencies in his statements to FBI agents.

Nothing more. The most interesting fact introduced into evidence was the memo's showing that Plame got hubby the NIGER gig to smear the administration before Cheney was breifed on the allegations about Iraq seeking Yellowcake in Niger. Giving lie to Wilson's assertation that Cheney requested he go to NIger (in the NYT oped), the question also hasn't been answered about the legality of Wison qrirting the OpEd about his classified mission to Niger on behalf of the CIA who exactly gave him permission to write that article? And why shouldn't the administration respond to Wilson's lies and slander?

8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

There is a website called "Google" its a search engine...you should check it out.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11179719/site/newsweek/

Feb. 13, 2006 issue - Newly released court papers could put holes in the defense of Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, I. Lewis (Scooter) Libby, in the Valerie Plame leak case. Lawyers for Libby, and White House allies, have repeatedly questioned whether Plame, the wife of White House critic Joe Wilson, really had covert status when she was outed to the media in July 2003. But special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald found that Plame had indeed done "covert work overseas" on counterproliferation matters in the past five years, and the CIA "was making specific efforts to conceal" her identity, according to newly released portions of a judge's opinion.

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Are you still being blocked? shame. I love the back and forths.

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's not that I didn't enjoy destroying his pap... It's merely that he's kinda crazy, makes little sense, and serves as nothing more than a distraction to real debate... I assure you, it was not a capitulation; more a tap of the mute button much the same as any of us would an annoying local cable advertisement...

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oh patsfan... you're funny... the judge FORBADE discussion of Plame's status before the trial started, at the behest of the CIA... that's the only reason Fitzgerald didn't mention her COVERT status during trial... it was not intregal to the case of perjury...

as to your second paragraph, you're way off base again... High level CIA officials, at the behest of Cheney, wanted a closer look into Niger... The CIA tapped Plame and Plame set up the meeting between the officials and her husband... There was no Wilson lie, and you have no one to blame but Tricky Dick for cooking his own goose when the CIA's guy (the most qualified man in the world to investigate uranium allegations in Niger) came back with the story Dark Lord didn't want to hear...

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +540 / 6 / -2

[​IMG]

:D

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

while i believe you're often wrong, i don't assert that you're crazy or irrelevant... please do me the same courtesy, because you damn well know i'm not...

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +540 / 6 / -2

I'm just poking some fun in your direction Press. I never mean anything personally. I don't know anyone in here outside of a keyboard, which makes it impossible for me to know what any of them are like in real life. When I poke fun, I try to mean in the sense of an interent forum, and not the Real World. If that makes sense at all.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

Since the docs were part of the public record they should have been referenced or quoted. The article by Isikoff did acknowledge that she wasn't going overseas again. As an analyst she was no longer covert. If she were covert it again bring up the issue of he hubby taking a public porfile in the Yellowcake debate.

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

Yet the CIA public info director confirmed her status as an analyst to Novak. We know that there are many agneda's within the CIA diferent than the administration's look at the case of MAry McCarthy.

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

Apparently one of the jurors should have been challened by Libby's lawyers, did they get their degree's from WalMArt?

This guy sounds like anything but objective. Especially given that Timmy Russert was a key prosecution witness.

Oh yeah he is posting articles TODAY on the Huffington Post an extreme hard left website. Wonder if they are paying him? How much?

Doesn't sound like what an impartial juror would do.

18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

19. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +540 / 6 / -2

If that's all true, how was that person a juror on this case? This country is funny sometimes. That is truly bizarre.