Welcome to PatsFans.com

So - Is Joe Biden a Modern Day Dan Quayle?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 27, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,069 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I feel bad for Biden ... I kind of like him. He's a bit earthy and personable, not an intellectual snob IMO. His favorability rating has fallen to 42% Vice President Biden's Favorable Rating Continues to Decline.

Not sure how one can rate a VP - it's a product of the media more than anything IMO. So ... does anyone here like Biden or 1/2 like Biden? Obama throws him under the bus - that's not a good strategy.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's tough to have a strong opinion on someone who is completely irrelevant. But he is as dumb as dirt, so that provides some amusement value.

"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see you. … Oh, God love you! What am I talking about? I tell you what. You're making everybody else stand up, though, pal. … Stand up for Chuck!"—Telling Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is bound to a wheelchair, to rise at campaign event, Columbia, Mo., Sept. 9, 2008

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.' "—Revising history slightly in an interview with CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."—Discussing Barack Obama during an interview with the New York Observer, Feb. 4, 2007

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number? I should have it in front of me and I don't."—Failing to remember name of the Web site Recovery.gov in an interview with CBS's Maggie Rodriguez to promote the Web site Recovery.gov, Feb. 25, 2009

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

You know, "Jobs" Biden once said that you can't walk into a 7-Eleven down in Delaware without seeing an Indian in there. :D

In all seriousness, JB seems like the kind of guy you'd have fun with at a BBQ. He seems personable.

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,069 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

When he came for the wake of Chris dodd's sister he was engulfed by the young children. He seemed very at ease with them and they were attracted to his personaiity. He is very erathy and normal by most accounts.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Lovely Michelle uses Biden to walk the dog every morning he carries a little plastic baggie to pick up Bo's sh!t then he sits in his office all day sharpining pencils.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

:rofl:Imagine the stupid stuff that would come out of our mouths if we were in Biden's spot? Holy CRAP! I get scared just thinking about it!

I like Joe personally. I disagree with a lot of his positions, but he hits me as a painfully honest person. Everyone he knows loves him. His funeral will be huge. I think Obama and he have an arrangement that allows both to be honest with each other, and I'm betting Biden could care less if he gets thrown under the bus once in a while. I think Obama likes having him around for matters of Congress, governance and process. He needs to have someone there to shake him every now and then.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Didn't Jobs fudge the truth something like 15 times in one of his VP debates? How's he honest? I think he's simply a guy who likes the sound of his own voice, and thinks he's smarter than everyone else. It's just that he does it with a joke and a smile most of the time, which makes him likable. I don't find him anymore honest than any other lying politicians in DC. Still, I'm sure he'd be fun at a BBQ. I felt the same way about GW btw. I bet GW would be fun in the same setting. Horrible politicians either way.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Right, He's A Windbag