Welcome to PatsFans.com

So - Is It Still "Disgusting Misogyny?"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Apparently, according to our more conservative members, calling a female a "whore" in a supposedly private telephone conversation, was "hateful, disgusting misogyny."

Is it still considered so when similar sentiments are expressed on a stage in front of 600+ Republican Tea Party supporters?

Aren't the words, "sympathy fu<k," and "bi!ch," equally as abhorrent?

And if so, where's the outrage?

Andrew Breitbart helped kick off the Chicago Tea Party's TeaCon 2011 Convention in suburban Schaumburg Friday night -- and had some harsh words for unions and liberal actress Janeane Garofalo.

Breitbart told the crowd that the word around Los Angeles--where he lives--is that Garofalo is "Hollywood's sympathy ****." The crowd erupts in laughter.

Breitbart went on to call Nancy Pelosi a "*****," according to Mediaite, and then slammed the unions for being critical of the Tea Party movement.

Andrew Breitbart Tells Unions To 'F**k Off', Calls Janeane Garofalo Hollywood's 'Sympathy F**k' (VIDEO)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england.../12/678113-more-disgusting-misogyny-left.html

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Saw that, what is interesting is the size of the crowd, Jeanne Garafalo certainly works up the grey haired old men doesn't she???.. also Breitbart worked the crowd into a frenzy with his big... "f..ck you to union leaders"...

Interestingly the leader of this group was involved with some extracurricular activities with a prostitute..

But Stevlic was not convicted of this crime, because he entered a treatment program.. all charges against Stevlic were dropped when Stevlic agreed to participate in a rehab program for johns called "Unhooked," which he did.

Top Tea Partier Parties With Hookers

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

Yeah this is starting to piss me off actually.

I am getting sort of sick and tired of the Voices Of Ordinary Guy Salt Of The Earth Good Clean Living (And Maybe Church and God) types getting all sorts of action on the side... and their money guys throwing parties with champagne fountains, while meanwhile...

... I, the corrupt, "over-intellectual," "morally bankrupt," east-coast and therefore nigh-Caligulan debauched elitist, rack my soul with guilt over questions of the "appearance of impropriety" if we provide a $30 lunch to employees at an annual awards ceremony or somesuch.

WTF, over

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

I have to agree with the Tea Haters on this one, I am one of the first to complain when the those "show biz freaks"' and the "wanna be cool democrat politicians" start throwing around their "street talk sh!t" it just makes them look foolish and embarrassing.

Breitbart deserves to get his ass kicked with this one, he is a fool for trying to act like Senator Al Franken and Creepy Sean Penn.

Also:
    Jeanne Garafool is no stranger to the word "F-ck"

We are also now living in a society that has given Fame and Wealth to a piece of sh!t by the name of
    "Lady Ga Ga"

GOD WILLING WE WILL KILL THE GREAT SATAN AMERICA

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Yes, it does, doesn't it?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...8113-more-disgusting-misogyny-left-page3.html

Or maybe he's just reading PatsFans and is taking his cue from you, Harry.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I always thought the term "sympathy ****" or mercy **** or pity **** was a non-sexist term in the sense that it could refer to both males and females...Check out urban dictionary.com

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

They are interchangeable. That's true. So is "rape" and "whore" in that, technically, they can be applied to either gender. The difference, as you know, is that they are rarely applied seriously to a male (except in context of prisons and the Catholic church, of course). You can get scumbags off on any technicality if you try hard enough, but that doesn't change the reality.

Regardless, these punks aren't someone you would want your sister dating, right?

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Using that line of reasoning (and I'm not saying it's a bad one, just saying.....) you could also say the term "whore" is not sexist since it is also directed at both females and males - most especially in the context of someone selling something (their support, their vote, their name) in return for money.

Check out urban dictionary.com

LOL

11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You're so full of crap, Boy!:rofl::wha:

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

Breitbart's big mistake is, he's trying to act and talk like a "far left liberal cool democrat"

Breitbart must be listening to the "Rap Crap" the Rappers make millions reciting sh!t poetry using the words "ho (whore) b!tch kill and f-ck" without this crap the morons wouldn't make a dime.

Dear Mr Breitbart:
    Please don't make a fool out of yourself trying to act like those clowns and remember "imitation is a form of flattery" you don't want to put yourself in the same boat with Al Franken and Daddy Bip Bop Boob.

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Like I asked earlier, Harry Boy. If this is the case, how do you justify your own heavy reliance on the same type of rhetoric and inflamatory language?

Just a quick glance at any of your posts and it becomes clear that without the repetitious use of words like whore, slut, bi!ch, kill and f-ck, you, too, would be rendered virtually speechless and your entertainment value would be practically nil.

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

The point of this thread is clearly articulated..

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

X3, no less.

16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Doesn't this forum consider it a personal attack to start threads which are directed at one other, specific member? :confused:

Please feel free to put me in your ignore file. You know, like that time you actually said you did, only this time really do it.

17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

There is no absolutely personal attack. She merely asked if "the more conservative members" of the forum consider Breitbart a misogynist, and posted a link support her view of the more conservative members. But, of course, it appears you'll either have to condemn Breitbart or be hypocritical, so I can understand why you're trying to avoid the issue. In my opinion Jerry Brown was wrong and Breitbart was wrong, but at least Brown apologized for what his aide said and has a good record in support of women's rights.

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

Exactly my point, you would never have heard of Al Franken or Daddy Bee Bop Sap if it wern't for the word "F-ck"
    in the case of Daddy Bop he added another word to it "Mother F-ck" that sh!t made them what they are, without it their entertainment value would be practically nil.

19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Then after doing the nasty deed, try to play the victim.. the act is predictable,old and hollow.

20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well I don't know whether or not Janeine Garaofolo is indeed a sympathy ****, but I definitely agree Nancy Pelosi is a ***** so you certainly won't see me condemning that particular remark.

It sure seems to me both sides are pretty hypocritical on this issue, wouldn't you agree? Oh wait, I forgot. It's only sexist/racist when the target is a liberal. :rolleyes: