PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

so is brady injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
2 days in a row mia and not even on the practice field to boot.. the fact the pats have said nothing is kinda weird.. and brady is not one to miss practice.. every year when vets were getting time off he never has.. kinda curious..

Last edited:
Chris said:
the fact the pats have said nothing is kinda weird..
How is this weird ?

I seem to recall him getting rested several days during TC last year leading to hysterical posts analyzing the lack of zip he had on passes and stuff like that.

Chris said:
2 days in a row mia and not even on the practice field to boot.. the fact the pats have said nothing is kinda weird...
Yeah, usually BB describes injuries in detail and gives expected return dates. In this case he seems to be evading the question:

From today's meeting with the press:
http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/343

Q: Is [Tom] Brady okay? A few days in a row he hasn't been out here for practice.
BB: Guys that aren't out here, it's either because of their practice routine or they are day to day.

Chris said:
2 days in a row mia and not even on the practice field to boot.. the fact the pats have said nothing is kinda weird.. and brady is not one to miss practice.. every year when vets were getting time off he never has.. kinda curious..
You might be on to something... I'm don't know if i would use the word "injured", but after watching some training camp footage of the 2nd day, i did notice that there was a lack of "zip" on the ball. I wonder if the 2 are related?

dhamz said:
I seem to recall him getting rested several days during TC last year leading to hysterical posts analyzing the lack of zip he had on passes and stuff like that.

Now that you mention it, I haven't heard anyone say that his passes have been "zippy". That can only mean that his passes are lacking "zip". There must be something wrong!

Don't think so..but one never knows...it is interesting..

im just saying that I cant imagine if brady was given practice off he wouldnt be out there anyway helping out the other qbs.. just the fact he has been not even spotted for 3 practices seems to me they are hiding something.. but i could be wrong.. just my opinion

Something is up....Brady would usually be on the field. Remember when he had his B-day off last year and he said he couldn't stay away and threw the ball around much to BB's dislike. BB wanted him to 'rest' and Brady was running and throwing all practice in his street clothes.

Also, there was some report on KFFL fan site that said when Brady left the field on Saturday he noticed a limp. At the time, I thought that was just stupid banter to get something started, but why not be on the field unless he was visable limping.

The Pats are keeping him away from the press!

Quite possibly resting Brady for the season and getting Cassell more reps in TC seeing is how he is going to be the #2 QB.

TNPatsFan said:
Now that you mention it, I haven't heard anyone say that his passes have been "zippy". That can only mean that his passes are lacking "zip". There must be something wrong!

Can't help but giggle at this - thanks for the laugh :D

Rumor is that Cassel is effectively challenging him for the starting position and Brady is acting like a prima donna about it.

sieglo said:
Rumor is that Cassel is effectively challenging him for the starting position and Brady is acting like a prima donna about it.

yeah, I heard that too. I think Cassel is the man now!

Brady might be able to back up Pennington in NYC, but he will have a fight ahead of him. He better be prepared for life on the B List now...

i agree. get Brady out of here. No superbowl win last yeat..pfft. Its Matt's turn to take over. Later Tom.

In all seriousness, let's hope Tom is OK... Reports on the PM practice were that Cassel was pretty bad!

Who’s hot: Reche Caldwell – During a seven-on-seven drill near the goal line, the offense heated up and notched four straight touchdowns, three of which went to the former San Diego Chargers wideout. Caldwell slipped free near the left sideline twice, then made a nice cut across the back line of the end zone for his third touchdown.

Who’s not: Cassel – Basically, he appeared indecisive and late with several of his throws. During a two-minute drill late in practice he failed get the team in the end zone on three separate occasions. Several of his passes hit defensive backs before his intended receivers, and more than one could have been intercepted.

Shefter on NFLN just said there is nothing wrong - Patriots have Brady on a pitch count so to speak since he was in for the entire off season program and reported to camp 4 days early and has been throwing extra as a result.

TNPatsFan said:

Having "zip' is not good enough anymore. They are resting his arm so he can throw like a 'lazer".

dr.evil.laser.jpg

MoLewisrocks said:
Shefter on NFLN just said there is nothing wrong - Patriots have Brady on a pitch count so to speak since he was in for the entire off season program and reported to camp 4 days early and has been throwing extra as a result.

SO GLAD you said that, Mo!
Whew! <wipes brow>

MoLewisrocks said:
Curran pretty much said the same thing on the show with those two loonies on Fox. Funny clip of BB laughing as he replied to reporters when they asked about Brady. Said something to the effect that "we don't do day to day injuries in tc. If it was the regualr season we'd give you all the details for the injury report." He thought it was real funny. I did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back