Welcome to PatsFans.com

So ... Iran and their bombs?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by fleabassist1, Feb 3, 2007.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I say let them have 'em, but let them know: If they use one bomb, anywhere, anytime, then we send one thousand bombs.

Think about it like this:

"You hate my sister. You want to punch her, because you are a violent idiot. Go ahead - punch her, but when you do - I will get my machine gun and destroy every part of you."

Why do I say this? This seem's like the only logical thing to do, in my mind. Please, enlighten me - how can you possibly stop a nation from building nukes? So what, let them have 'em. If they decide to blow up Jerusalem or something, so be it - we blow up every city in all of Iran. Every single ****ing one.

No leaders - not even Kim John Ill - will risk that. Why? Because by takeing out one city, they are killed themselves - everything.

Oh, and if they "lose" one to a terrorist orginization, or ANYWHERE... and it just so happens to detonate... well, we blow them up anyways. No questions asked - so sad.

Here, another "think of it like this"

You throw one brick at me... :bricks:

We did it to Russia in the cold war - Mutual Destruction. The ONLY way to get to the heads of these idiodic morons is to say, hey look - we won't invaide... give you a fighting chance to live - no, we will destroy Iran. We will create the next ocean, Comprende'?

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

The problem is the Iranian leadership is perfectly happy to die for their cause. Under your plan, my opinion is that within 10 years, Israel will be nuked to nothing. Mutually Assured Destruction works if neither side wants to die; I'm not sure that Iranian leaders care.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

I agree with your point BF. That is what's so disturbing when it comes to ME nukes. Those people, or a very large portion of them, are certifiable loons who see death as something to be proud of. The Japs, to a lesser extent, were similar during WWII. We're lucky that they didn't get nukes before we did. At any rate, the only problem is that nothing short of regime change or military force will stop Iran, and niether is going to happen. I think that Iran will eventually be a nuclear state. It's why Iran is so involved in Iraq. Iran is fearful thata democratic nation on it's borders (north and south), that prospers, will have ramifications throughout the region in a negative light (to them). Were democracy to succeed in the region, the lerics runnign the show in Iran would be in trouble.

4. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

As lunatic as I think they are, I doubt very much that suicide is on their agenda. It doesn't mean that they are rational, sane or trustworthy (because I think they are incredibly dangerous), but I think their survival instinct can be used in the way that MAD was in the Cold War.
    Leaders all over the world share one thing in common and it that they send OTHERS to die for their causes. I don't see anyone in the Iranian leadership being personally willing to die for their "beliefs". I'm also incredibly cynical and think that the likes of Bin Laden, Ahmedinejad and others use religion to further their own egos. Did anyone ever see Bin Laden or his deputies send themselves out as suicide bombers. Hmm, I wonder why?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Any of them would give their lives to destroy Israel. Would they do it for something as small as a suicide bomb or even a 9/11 ? No, they have others for that. But if they could nuke Israel they would do it in a second even if they thought we would retaliate equally.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I am against nuclear weapons. When the US, China, Israel, Russia, England, France, Pakistan, S Africa, Brazil, and India all get rid of their nukes, the world will be a safer place. Iran is completely surrounded by nuclear powers so I can understand their desire for acquiring the capability.

7. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I guess they might. I hadn't thought of it like that.

8. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What, you mean you're happy for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to keep THEIR nukes, but we have to lose ours? Oh, thanks VERY much! :eek:

9. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Sorry...Great Britain...or is it UK? How many names can a country have, anyways?

10. PatsFan211

PatsFan211 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Listen up! Whats wrong with all of you? This is http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard not http://www.newsfans.com/news/messageboards. If you want to post news related stuff post it somewhere else! :mad:

11. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

LOL. The official name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, so the UK is the correct term. Great Britain is the main island (and probably includes Islands just around it) and as such doesn't include Northern Ireland.
    Each country in the union is part of the UK. Scotland and Wales have their own parliaments, which have some power to decide their own affairs, but foreign policy is united of course. I guess it isn't all that different from the power that States have.
    Confused? That makes two of us. :eek:
    Oh, and can we have our nukes back? Those provincial types can get awfully agressive and we need to defend ourselves.

Back to your original point- It would be great if everyone in the world gave up their nukes but then that would be like turkeys voting for Christmas. I guess what none of us knows is whether Iran is doing this as an offensive or defensive measure. There is an argument that Ahmedinejad's threats to Israel were political grandstanding for the sake of his electorate. That said, the idea of an increasingly powerful Iran, able to cause a number of friendly governments to fall in the Middle East, leaves me cold. The other problem, as I understand it, is that Iran is actually quite strong militarily and is likely to have learned from what the Israelis did to the Osirak reactor in the 1980s.

12. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think the word "freak" is one of the best American words of all. It is so descriptive and powerful when used right, and BF knows how to use it! :rocker: Nice job.

15. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think this may be spam.