PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, I watched the (Super Bowl) game, again last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Oddly, it was still exciting! Gee, I almost forgot that great play Malcom Butler made in the first half. Honestly, I would have guessed Gostkowski would have made the big play at the end, but we only saw him after TDs.

Overall, it reminded me of how the Pats went from being up 14-7 in the first half to going down by 10. That TD that Seattle made to tie it up at the end of the first half drove me nuts. Yeah, it was very uncomfortable in the third quarter. I guess this is why the Patriots are the Champs? More exactly, they made all of the plays they had to to win. And they worked from being down by 10 (and almost more) with almost three quarters of the game finished. Although Malcom Butler's big interception ultimately decided the winner, it was all the plays that Tom Brady led the team through that put them in a position to win; why TB is the MVP.

Those who rationalise that it was just a bad call that decided the Super Bowl winner are not paying attention (to details). Of course, we could rifle through the entire game and talk about how this play and/or that play shoulda/coulda/woulda. Who is to decide which one(s)?

Here is a perspective forya: If BB (and coaching staff) did not coach the Patriots defense to properly defend against the situation that Malcom Butler captialised on then Seattle's play calling et al is not questioned. However, BB (and staff) did. And they corrected the situation in practice, emphasising what needed to be be done (i.e. to secure the ball). Please be reminded that a batted down ball would have set Seattle up for another run attempt.

The craziest point in the game for me was the catch that led to the Butler interception...was like watching a cartoon...the ball going up in the air a few times off off body parts, as the player did a 360...not even realising what direction he is facing, after the ball fell into his hands. Yet, so many will focus on the Butler interception. That interception was no accident! Preparation had the defense win that one.

The bottom line is that the New England Patriots played 60 minutes and paid attention to details. Although they did not make every play, their consistency increased/improved as they positioned themselves to set the scoreboard in their favour. No flukes. No excuses. We won. Bravo, cheers and all that stuff!

I re-watched it and we are the better team. We marched up and down the field at will. We held Wilson to 12 completions with 2 of those being to a guy who didn't have a catch and 1 to Kearse in a freak catch (Wilson made two beautiful throws his deep ball is impressive). The running game didn't kill us (the hawks were the best rushing team in the league).

The Seahawks had a horseshoe with MAtthews and Kearse and we still won. If we play them 10 times i'm confident that we win every time. Seahawks fan should be happy that they had the chance to play us and witness a truly great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes