PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So I think I may understand something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukin

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think I understand now, after reading most of the posts on the forum for the past year or so... why everyone says pats fans are the biggest bandwagon crybaby fans.

If we loose game 16 I bet you half of the trolls on here would flip out. I predict things such as:

"Josh Mcdaniels is a MORON! God what was he thinking!"
"The world is ending!"
"Oh my god what the hell happend to our QB... and to think, I thought he was good..."
"Our rushing attack sucks"
"Our offense sucks"
"Our defense sucks"
"Gost sucks"

Jesus guys, enough is enough. Yeah, it's okay to critisize your team... but when we are sitting at the number one spot in the playoffs, undefeated, with a bye week... who the hell cares about how many points we win by? I think that the best game played by the patriots this year was against the ravens... a come from behind beautiful brady win... but there are those here who want the 51-0 win or nothing else.

Come on guys, have a little sense. When we rush 22 times with 55 offensive plays in a game... that's slightly lower then 50% rushes. Perhaps we all need a few crap seasons .... 1-15.... 3-13.... perhaps then we can loose all of these freaking bandwagons....

And believe me, I know that the majority of the people here on patsfans.com are very sensible smart people and I'm sorry for this random rant.:bricks:

I think I understand now, after reading most of the posts on the forum for the past year or so... why everyone says pats fans are the biggest bandwagon crybaby fans.

If we loose game 16 I bet you half of the trolls on here would flip out. I predict things such as:

"The world is ending!"
"Oh my god what the hell happend to our QB... and to think, I thought he was good..."
"Our offense sucks"
"Our defense sucks"
"Gost sucks"

Jesus guys, enough is enough. Yeah, it's okay to critisize your team... but when we are sitting at the number one spot in the playoffs, undefeated, with a bye week... who the hell cares about how many points we win by? I think that the best game played by the patriots this year was against the ravens... a come from behind beautiful brady win... but there are those here who want the 51-0 win or nothing else.

Come on guys, have a little sense. When we rush 22 times with 55 offensive plays in a game... that's slightly lower then 50% rushes. Perhaps we all need a few crap seasons .... 1-15.... 3-13.... perhaps then we can loose all of these freaking bandwagons....

And believe me, I know that the majority of the people here on patsfans.com are very sensible smart people and I'm sorry for this random rant.:bricks:

it has been that way on here for years. some fans are not happy unless they are mad about something

it has been that way on here for years. some fans are not happy unless they are mad about something

Oh yeah, I know... I'v been around for one to two years now and I'v noticed it even when I lurked... it's just bothering that I can't find the truely good posters threads in here without having to dig around all the crappy ones.

"The world is ending!"
"Our offense sucks"
"Our defense sucks"
"Gost sucks"

Band Wagoners care about the records because the recors give them bragging rights to be even more obnoxious in other teams forums.

Most of us long term fans want the records also but never at the cost of the Super Bowl or the win which is BB.s focus as well. If the records come they come and thats great. But records can and will be broken Super Bowl WINS never go away no matter how long in the future.

Plus when one has endured the leaner years of this Franchise there a real sense of HOW SWEET IT IS now.

Just to note that you are addressing a Pats fans forum with X amount of members.
The total amount of Pats fans is surely vastly greater.
Your judgements come from reading forum posts...yes/no?
A more correct statement would be to call Pats fans who are forum posters whiners.

I get the gist of your statement though and can't say I disagree in general.

Band Wagoners care about the records because the recors give them bragging rights to be even more obnoxious in other teams forums.

Most of us long term fans want the records also but never at the cost of the Super Bowl or the win which is BB.s focus as well. If the records come they come and thats great. But records can and will be broken Super Bowl WINS never go away no matter how long in the future.

Plus when one has endured the leaner years of this Franchise there a real sense of HOW SWEET IT IS now.

I agree

Just to note that you are addressing a Pats fans forum with X amount of members.
The total amount of Pats fans is surely vastly greater.
Your judgements come from reading forum posts...yes/no?
A more correct statement would be to call Pats fans who are forum posters whiners.

I get the gist of your statement though and can't say I disagree in general.

Another thing I hate about the internet is that you have to explain every single detail about what you type because people don't understand jokes, sarcasm or even referencing. I was referring to the board... :bricks:

I care about the records because it's a piece of NFL history and I love sports history.

"The world is ending!"
"Our offense sucks"
"Our defense sucks"
"Gost sucks"

If we lose? ****, they hate it when we win by more than 20.

And not just this week either. The sensible people know who they are, screw apologizing to these simians.

You can't even read a game thread around here anymore.

Your post is quite understated, in my opinion.

I'm against banning in general, but if the same people wreck the game thread week after week by acting like three year olds, I wouldn't mind seeing a round of banning.

I wouldn't mind it at all.

"The world is ending!"
"Our offense sucks"
"Our defense sucks"
"Gost sucks"

This is the Calvanist/Puratin that resides in a lot of New Englanders,especialy Red Sox fans. Behind every silver lining theres a dark cloud. Nothing can ever be enjoyed, even for a couple of minutes/hours. :confused:

It's never been this irrational, with one exception, and we've never been 15-0 and breaking records like cheap china before. This is actually embarassing as well as frustrating for reasonably intelligent fans. What goes on here is a reflection on this team and it's fanbase. And players and their families and friends do lurk here and I can only imagine how insulted they are to read some of the crap spewed at them by a number of mental midgets who flock to this little corner of cyberspace lately.

This board is closer to the garbage generic football boards than it's ever been, and that's really unfortunate. It used to be the board that had the most intelligent and informative discussions on this team anywhere on the internet.

It's never been this irrational, with one exception, and we've never been 15-0 and breaking records like cheap china before. This is actually embarassing as well as frustrating for reasonably intelligent fans. What goes on here is a reflection on this team and it's fanbase. And players and their families and friends do lurk here and I can only imagine how insulted they are to read some of the crap spewed at them by a number of mental midgets who flock to this little corner of cyberspace lately.

This board is closer to the garbage generic football boards than it's ever been, and that's really unfortunate. It used to be the board that had the most intelligent and informative discussions on this team anywhere on the internet.

It really is awful. How many game threads have had to be closed?

If people take it upon themselves to wreck the board for actual fans, I'm in favor of something being done, as I've said.

I'm a free spirit. I belong to all the boards pretty much and I'm not in favor of censoring or favoring posters.

However, if we can't enjoy an undefeated team, the people who ruin the game threads or the whole board should be put on vacation. Period.

EDIT: The Planet has a wonderful solution to this problem. We should investigate a special place for those without impulse control.

Our A. A. could have it's own game thread where the inhabitants could curse and throw their baby food to their hearts delight.

Last edited:

Not sure when you are referring to, but that losing streak we had last year made it rough around here, do you remember those two games? :rolleyes:

This is the biggest pats board, as far as I know and it has gone to absolute dog ****. I keep telling myself I will leave and go to the other board, but my loyalties lay here.

But, in truth I find myself coming here less and less. The idiocy of this board is disgracefull and mind numbing. :confused:

Last edited:
you think THIS is bad? just wait until after Christmas and the "Maroney sukks!" crowd merges with the "the 2nd half ruined our season!" genius party.

I don't have time to read all the way through to see if this was brought up before, but don't you guys realize that most of the people complaining probably bet on the Pats. Think about it, they were 22 point favories, and only won by 21 after having a 28-0 lead at half. People are bitter, they shouldn't bet with their hearts. They can't see the Pats were just trying to have fun in the second half because they are too concerned with where they are going to get the $1000 to pay their bookie this week.

"The world is ending!"
"Our offense sucks"
"Our defense sucks"
"Gost sucks"

Last edited:

If people take it upon themselves to wreck the board for actual fans, I'm in favor of something being done, as I've said.

I'm a free spirit. I belong to all the boards pretty much and I'm not in favor of censoring or favoring posters.

However, if we can't enjoy an undefeated team, the people who ruin the game threads or the whole board should be put on vacation. Period.

EDIT: The Planet has a wonderful solution to this problem. We should investigate a special place for those without impulse control.

Our A. A. could have it's own game thread where the inhabitants could curse and throw their baby food to their hearts delight.

Ah yes, the "I love free speech, as long as it's speech I agree with" type. :rolleyes:

Why don't you homers simply create your own board, "homer central", where only mindless cheerleading, and illogical excuses are permitted? You wouldn't be missed so please, spare yourself from the "whiners" and quit the board immediately. :D

P.S.

I haven't yet decided whether it's more sad or more amusing that MoLewis actually is delusional enough to believe that Pats players have the time to waste to look at a fan messageboard and if that unlikely event occurs, that they are also insecure enough to take seriously, anything written on a messageboard. :rofl: I've made up my mind, it's both sad and amusing but definitely far more amusing... :rofl:

That is a pretty good solution, those who come and argue for arguments sake, and those who come to this board with the same tiring thread of gloom and doom... maybe they could be banished to a "purgatory" type of board, where they could have continual circle jerks ad infinitum.

I don't have time to read all the way through to see if this was brought up before, but don't you guys realize that most of the people complaining probably bet on the Pats. Think about it, they were 22 point favories, and only won by 21 after having a 28-0 lead at half. People are bitter, they shouldn't bet with their hearts. They can't see the Pats were just trying to have fun in the second half because they are too concerned with where they are going to get the $1000 to pay their bookie this week.

You're right, Yates. Thank god BB and the team don't care about the spread. For the real fans the W is what matters. The coaches will serve up a lot of humble pie and adjustments to get the team ready for the NYG, and then the playoffs.

As well as the posters that Flea mentions, the others who get up my nose are the "I KNEW we would go 19-0 as soon as we signed Moss" brigade, implying that the rest of us, who thought it might happen but thought that 13-3 or 12-4 was more realistic, are morons.

My answer to them is, if it happens: I look forward to a scanned copy of the betting slip in which they bet everything they own.

I love the way this team plays. I found the intensity of the first half surprising and very exciting. It is fun to watch a team play that well when they might not have done so. It has flaws as a team but what team hasn't had flaws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes