Welcome to PatsFans.com

So I guess that Sotomayor will not let Harry run for student council either..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, May 29, 2009.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

Sotomayor Ruled in "D-Bag Case" | NBC Connecticut

(note, this is a NBC report, so the slant TOWRADS Obama is assumed, and yet she still looks bad.......

Avery Doninger was disqualified from running for school government at Lewis S. Mills High School in Burlington after she posted something on her blog, referring to the superintendent and other officials as "douche bags" because they canceled a battle of the bands she had helped to organize.

The case went to court and in March 2008, Sotomayor was on a panel that heard Doninger’s mother’s appeal alleging her daughter’s free speech and other rights were violated. Her mother wanted to prevent the school from barring her daughter from running.

Sotomayor joined two other judges from the 2nd Circuit in ruling that the student’s off-campus blog remarks created a “foreseeable risk of substantial disruption” at the student’s high school and that the teenager was not entitled to a preliminary injunction reversing a disciplinary action against her, Education Week reports.

Wait until she reads what Harry has called some people, she might rule that he is ineligible to breathe...........

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

I'm just getting into this Sotomayor thing, so far all I can figure out is she looks like an old drunk and she's got "Racist" written all over her "grin"

She grew up in a housing project, I don't think I'll confirm her, she wouldn't like me.

GET BUSH (he makes rain freeze when it's cold)

3. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life,"

That's not racist, its a dumb view to have imo cause we are go through things in life, no matter what gender/color/religion we are. She should of said "a better understanding" not a better conclusion.

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

Change that around to a white women nominated by GW Bush and let her speak these words,
    "I would hope that a wise White woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a Black male who hasn't lived that life,"

If a female white nominee said that she would be run right out of the country and told to go live with David Duke, and you all know it, look what they did Imus.

This women Soymorow is an in your face Bigoted Friggin Racist B!tch, I'm white and I'm deeply offended.

5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Harry Boy,

America need you. Keep on trucking !

6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

This from a person who hasn't been married in over 25 years and never had children???Sorry but there is a lack of life experiences as opposed to a richness of it. I'm not saying that you have to be married with kids ( see Souter for example) but don't tell me that it's a richness of experiences going home to a cat at night. There's plenty of experience in raising kids and all the associated things that go with it that complete you as a person and give you a better understanding.
    Justice Scalia has nine kids and I'm sure he's had to deal with many things that Justice Sotomayer can't even imagine. Justice Ginsburg was a working mother practicing law and raising her children. Justice Sotomayer was raised in the projects and overcame poverty which others can't fathom. My point is that we all have different life experiences (some that we wouldn't wish on others) and it doesn't mean that any are superior or would lead to a better decision because of it.

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,452 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Harry is a white male wtf does he know about anything ... :bricks:

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

It's comical to watch the Liberal Democrats scramble, splutter and blabber out all their silly little excuses when the "dreaded racism" surface's among their own people in their own party, the women nominated (Soymayo) to be a Judge on the US Supreme court is an Out and Out Blatant Racist, she should be disbarred and forced to do community services.

GET BUSH

9. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If it wasn't a political pandering and toxic waste pick she would have never made it past the vetting process with decisions like that :rolleyes:

10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sounds to me like you think she should have interfered with the teachers disciplining this student. Wouldn't that make her an activist judge? Personally, I wish she had a big ol' stamp that said 'Get lost, punk' for goofy cases like this, but I'll take flowery language that says pretty much the same thing.