PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So I am at this party...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewwho

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
...playing pool and having some fun while two GB Packer fans start on the season that Farve had and if he will retire. They start saying that Farve was set up to fail this year and and he is not responsible at all for any of the demise of the Packers this year. It was all the injuries to his running backs, offensive line and receivers and that it was just a shame that Farve had to be part of that mess this year.

They go on to say that Farve is by far the best QB ever and is still in the top 5 of the active QB's. One guy even starts on how Farve was voted the NFL's sexiest man this year - say what...who the hell cares about that crap, but I am posting it so you can see the extent of their man love.

Then, minding my own business, they try to drag me into the conversation and attack Brady. "product of a system", "product of a great coach", "product of a tremendous defense" , "he would be nothing without Vinateri" yada yada yada - I know you have all heard it before. So, I decide to shut up and not even bother. I mean, does Brady need me defending him...pretty much his actions on the football field speak for themselves, no?!?!?

Anyway, they start saying that Brady has only been to one more SB than Farve, which is true, but they are trying to prove a point that Farve is so far and away better than Brady! The killer was when they suggested that Farve has a better chance of getting back to a SB than Brady.

My point of this is, WHY do fans of opposing teams feel the need to bash Brady? Why? Is it respect that his name gets tossed into these conversations? It is jealously? Do they really believe the crap about the system QB thing?

Last edited:
Drewwho said:
My point of this is, WHY do fans of opposing teams feel the need to bash Brady? Why? Is it respect that his name gets tossed into these conversations? It is jealously? Do they really believe the crap about the system QB thing?

All of the above...."never argue with idiots..they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Why do fans of xxx team have to bash xxx

Drewwho said:
WHY do fans of opposing teams feel the need to bash xxx? Why? Is it respect that his name gets tossed into these conversations? It is jealously? Do they really believe the crap about the system QB thing?

I think you answered your own question by starting this thread -- and see your id, btw. Search this forum and you'll find anti-Manning banter, anti-Ben threads, anti-Favre posts, anti-drew rants.

Fan is short for fanatic...

1. extremist: a holder of extreme or irrational enthusiasms or beliefs, especially in religion or politics

add sports.

Drewwho said:
...playing pool and having some fun while two GB Packer fans start on the season that Farve had and if he will retire. They start saying that Farve was set up to fail this year and and he is not responsible at all for any of the demise of the Packers this year. It was all the injuries to his running backs, offensive line and receivers and that it was just a shame that Farve had to be part of that mess this year.

They go on to say that Farve is by far the best QB ever and is still in the top 5 of the active QB's. One guy even starts on how Farve was voted the NFL's sexiest man this year - say what...who the hell cares about that crap, but I am posting it so you can see the extent of their man love.

Then, minding my own business, they try to drag me into the conversation and attack Brady. "product of a system", "product of a great coach", "product of a tremendous defense" , "he would be nothing without Vinateri" yada yada yada - I know you have all heard it before. So, I decide to shut up and not even bother. I mean, does Brady need me defending him...pretty much his actions on the football field speak for themselves, no?!?!?

Anyway, they start saying that Brady has only been to one more SB than Farve, which is true, but they are trying to prove a point that Farve is so far and away better than Brady! The killer was when they suggested that Farve has a better chance of getting back to a SB than Brady.

Jealous...Brett's best days have long past by...

Yawn.

Packer fans love Favre. So does the media. So does the GB front office. They find other scapegoats when he makes mistakes that kill the team as he has for a good 5 or 6 years now.

The truth about this year for GB is if they had a guy like Brad Johnson at QB they probably would have won 8 or 9 maybe even 10 games in that pathetic division. When you lose 8 games by a TD or less how is none of it the fault of the QB who is turning the ball over more than anyone else in the NFL?

Last edited:
We probably will feel this way when Brady gets that old. Reliving the glory days some of us will do(I will too).

Pats Fanatic said:
We probably will feel this way when Brady gets that old. Reliving the glory days some of us will do(I will too).

I have to disagree. I have a feeling that when TB hangs it up, he'll go out on top ala Elway and not like others who hung on a season or two too long. (See Mays, Willie or Carlton,Steve in baseball for example).
Just my $0.02,

tdw777 said:
All of the above...."never argue with idiots..they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

If that is the case no one on this board would talk to one another.

OK seriously, people love to drag other down {Brady} because it make them feel either equal or superior. No other reason.

Jealousy. Plain and simple. When the conversation of Best QBs in the game today comes up, the answer is always Manning, Brady or both. Favre is never mentioned in that conversation. Packer fans think he's God, but let's take a hypothetical scenerio--let's say there was a rumor that Brady was going to be traded to the Packers--I will bet you every dollar I have that 100% of the Packers fans would be whizzing themselves in excitement. Would he still be a "product of the system" then or ALL OF A SUDDEN, would he be "one of the best QBs in the game."

As much as I hate the Yankees, I'll ask this question: Would Derek Jeter still be Derek Jeter if he was drafted by the Brewers? Brady was drafted by a team that has some talent, but he has developed into the best QB in the game. I still say that we don't win any of the 3 SBs if Drew was behind center (and I loved Drew) but Brady is the key reason for our success. Favre will go to Canton, so will Brady. The difference is Favre will go in with the label "most consecutive games played" and Brady will go in with "Most Super Bowls won by one QB." Which would you rather have?

Last edited:
Patsfanin Philly said:
I have to disagree. I have a feeling that when TB hangs it up, he'll go out on top ala Elway and not like others who hung on a season or two too long. (See Mays, Willie or Carlton,Steve in baseball for example).
Just my $0.02,
I see but more athletes retire long after they should just to recapture the glory. We don't know that, I'm just saying that many here will be trying to relive it with him it he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back