PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So how would you feel about Tim Tebow as our first round pick??

Have people watched tebow, i would be furious if he was a 1st rounder. Half his game is hiking the ball then ducking behind his offensive line. Jason white was a winner and threw 50 td's his senior year, he sucked in the nfl. People who like tebow as an nfl qb are 12 year old boys on name recogntion. Plus BB the last few years prefers reaching for olinemen that he either cuts, puts on practice squad or makes inactive every week.

If this happens, then I'll be convinced that we are now dealing with Cleveland Bill.

Tebow seems like a great person, but would the spread option work in the NFL? :confused:

I think I have as much of a chance of being selected in the first round by New England as Tebow. So if you don't see or hear my named called... Tim Tebow won't be the Patriots' pick at twenty-two either. What I'm saying is... Tebow isn't happening... Besides, I don't see him going in the first round. And I think he'll be drafted as a tight end or a position not quarter back. But I keep seeing him listed in mock drafts being selected by Jacksonville. So, maybe he'll remain a quarter back for certain teams.

I'm all for drafting impact players. Lord knows this team needs such players. If Tebow is deemed such a player by BB then I'm all for it.

BB has had a lot of praise for Tebow calling him one of the best players he has seen.also Tebow talked BB before deciding to enter the draft or not so they are kinda close. but i think jax will draft him to sell tickets.

I'm all for drafting impact players. Lord knows this team needs such players. If Tebow is deemed such a player by BB then I'm all for it.

Even in the first round? That must be some great stuff you're smoking.

No interest in Tebow at all, unless he can be converted to play DE, OLB, ILB, OG, OC, WR, or RB.

Why do scouts and so-called "experts" feel the need to toss out ridiculous rumors leading up to the draft that won't be substantiated? Last year everyone was certain the Pats were going to trade up into the top 10 to get Tyson Jackson. If BB is going to take any Florida player it should, and would be Brandon Spikes.

On second thought, I wouldn't mind taking him in the 5th or 6th round if BB thinks he could play FB.

Annoyance, bewilderment, etc... This team has too many other problems to attack before gambling away a first rounder on a project like Tebow... MAYBE if he slips to Round 2 (but he won't... hell, I'd be surprised if he slips past Jax in the first round). I like the Pat White analogy presented earlier in this thread.

Well according the nfl network, some scouts think we will take him with our first round pick...?? Would love to hear the reaction to that if it happens...
absolutley not pass rusher first. I don't think QB is high on the list. From what i've read i'm not sure he will pan out in the nfl in the first place never mind being a first rnd pick.

Last edited:
If the Patriots are interested in him, then the Cleveland Browns are going to trade up to get him.

Alot of people here are going to be surprised with Tebows NFL production. Your getting a great athlete who works hard and will do what it takes to succeed. He may never play here but hes going to have a good career.

I can't imagine investing even a 2nd rounder on Tebow. I mean, talent-wise he'd be worth maybe a late 2nd rounder, but how exactly would we use him? We either take snaps away from Brady, or we stick him at TE and ignore him a la Watson/Baker, or what exactly?

Even in the first round? That must be some great stuff you're smoking.

No interest in Tebow at all, unless he can be converted to play DE, OLB, ILB, OG, OC, WR, or RB.
I don't profess to being a competent enough talent evaluator to properly determine Tebow's rightful place in the NFL nor do have any idea of whether or not he'd be a good fit for the team that BB is trying to assemble. Thus my qualifier that if he's deemed good by BB then I don't have a problem with it.

The Patriots need a defensive end to replace Richard Seymour. The Patriots need outside linebackers to replace Adalius Thomas, Derrick Burgess, and possibly Tully Banta-Cain. The Patriots need an inside linebacker to replace Junior Seau. I do not ever want to see the New England Patriots run over in the playoffs during the Tom Brady era.

Agree 100%. Adding to this, I also never want to see TB12 hurried/knocked down as much as he has, so upgrading the OLine is on my Day 1 list of "wants." Tim Tebow is not nearly the right pick for us on Day 1 (Rds 1 & 2). I'd be OK taking him anytime after that.

I don't profess to being a competent enough talent evaluator to properly determine Tebow's rightful place in the NFL nor do have any idea of whether or not he'd be a good fit for the team that BB is trying to assemble. Thus my qualifier that if he's deemed good by BB then I don't have a problem with it.

Fair enough.

For what position again? A first round pick needs to be playing. Can he play TE?

I'd say that would be a horrendous move. Build from the lines out, right?

The Patriots need a defensive end to replace Richard Seymour. The Patriots need outside linebackers to replace Adalius Thomas, Derrick Burgess, and possibly Tully Banta-Cain. The Patriots need an inside linebacker to replace Junior Seau. I do not ever want to see the New England Patriots run over in the playoffs during the Tom Brady era.

Amen! Ya had me at hello!

Eveybody was saying we were signing Vick. For some reason these "experts" are trying to force home the opinion the Patriots want and need a run and gun quarterback to run this wildcat crap.

Tebow also has tons of question marks from many. Some don't even think he'll make an NFL roster never mind 1st round pick of the New England Patriots.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back