Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How are you doing at recovering from the SB loss?

• Denial

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Anger

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Bargaining

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Depression

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 84 68.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm over it, just can't wait till the season starts so I can see how much improvement my Jets have made, or not.

You were over it less than 1 minute after it was over ...

I'll never get over it but I'm ready for the boys to move on and dominate the season.
Go PATs!

Never :(

Can't even get hyped for the regular season... I'm just waiting for the playoffs.

Never :(

Can't even get hyped for the regular season... I'm just waiting for the playoffs.
ha thats actually what I had been feeling for a while. We had a perfect regular season all the way up until the Super Bowl. The Pats were invincible, as Pats fans we were treated with Brady and Moss destroying inferior teams, shattering records and so on. I just want to fast forward to SB 43 and hope that we are in it and win.

New football will be the only thing to cure what ails me...

I did what the Pats did. Quit.

Not going well at all.
I can't even think about it. When discussion of "it" begins, I leave the room. I was coming out of a very rough two, three years due to an illness in the family, and I invested so much emotion into last season - trying to move on and stuff -, so the end was exponentially worse for doing that.

I was doing fine until I watched American Chopper this week. The build was a bike for the NY Giants with the World Champions plaque on it. (that was bad enough) but they were going to have Giants players at the unveiling. While the finsihed bike looked good, I switched channels before the unveiling cuz if I had to listen to one more "we stomped em'" B.S. comment I would have had to buy a new LCD screen (my foot would have gone thru my present one).

I have definitely been through all five stages, but I'm into acceptance now. I'm with PatsFanSince74 - Rodney Harrison writing the forward for David Tyree's book helped.

I'm still really wistful about the what-ifs, but I'm looking forward to opening day against the Chiefs (because I'll be there!) and in general am not thinking much about last year.

I'm at acceptance. I went through all 5 stages. But this time next year we'll be talking about how great it was when the Patriots won their fourth SB in Feb. 09. :cool2:

I'm at acceptance. I went through all 5 stages. But this time next year we'll be talking about how great it was when the Patriots won their fourth SB in Feb. 09. :cool2:
That would definitely be the antidote for any lingering depression. :)

lol...its going good. Especially when I JUST GOT A JOB AT GILLETTE!!! hehehe..sorry, I'm just really excited. I haven't posted here in awhile but I just wanted fellow Pats fans who go to games know that I'll be there too!

I'll be a hawker at all home games.

Last edited:
It was acceptance before the Celtics won, then their championship triggered something in me, and I began to feel an immense amount of anger towards the Patriots. I know Spygate was the most overblown story in the history in sports but, strangely, after the Celtics win, I felt a rush of anger towards BB for putting putting us the position to be caught and having to defend this team against others. I really can't explain why this happened.

News for you - we would have had to explain stuff to other anyway. Even before Spygate, people were getting really sick of us. You may live in Boston so it might not have been as apparent to you but all Pats fans outside of Mass. know that people were getting sick of us by the time 2006 ended. If it wasn't Spygate, it would have been something else.

The loss was so 2007 season. I came out of it around pre draft weekend .
then celtics season cheered me up and i watch motogp every weekend and its 9 races into the 08 season and 07 as a sport seasons seems so far in the past.

It came back briefly when the Celtics won the NBA title and I thought, "Damn, we could have had the trifecta - Sox, Celts, Pats".

Other than that, I am fully focused on 2008.

my recovery process is going to be easier if NFL starts right now. The more time i have in my hand, the more i think about pats lost last season.

19-0 in 08

Last edited:
I thought the Celtic victory (living here in La la land) would help. Not so sure it has...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes