Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone watched any of their games?
Defense? Offense?

From some highlights it looks like Manning can still sling it.

From what I've seen manning is still extremely accurate but some velocity has come off his ball and his release is a hair slower

Great test for the Patriots defense. It will also be a good week for the Patriots to dominate time of possession. If they win this week they should lead the AFC East as both Buffalo and the Jets are really likely to lose.

Manning has had his moments but his arm is notably different. He has sailed a couple of passes he could have zipped in before his surgery and he looks like Brady did in 2009; a guy who has just spent a year out of football. He's misread a few coverages...most notably against the Falcons.

He's still a threat though and he has certainly shown that.

Let's not underestimate that defense. They have some excellent players on that side of the ball.

I look for to win but don't be surprised if it's tight and low scoring.

From the few games I have watched, their defense can be had. The offense is good, a little inconsistent, Manning is not the old Manning, but he seems to be getting better. Will his arm come back to full strength is the question.

While Peyton's arm might not be what it once was he's as cerebral as ever. He's been a master at reading defense and picking them apart. He's probably aided greatly due to the excellent running attack he's working with. In this game I hope our front 7 can shut McGahee down allowing the pass defense more of a chance to curtail Manning's passing.

On defense the Broncos have excellent out side rush guys in Miller and Dumervill and the secondary is very solid with Bailey and Porter back there.

It's basically the same D that got Tebow to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. They can get to the QB & cover well, and are decent against the run.

McGahee is a pretty underrated RB, as well. Denver is a fairly complete team.

Their defense is very different from the Bills as far as I've seen. They blitz more and get more pressure from the edge (whereas the Bills get more up the gut). It will be another good test for this OL, and in a different way which will be enlightening. We should be able to run on this team again though.

Offensively, this will be another tough running game to shutdown, but after what I've seen so far this year I'm confident the Pats can do just that. Manning, as others have pointed out, is every bit as smart and accurate as he's ever been, but his passes lack some of the zip and crispness that they've had in the past. Capitalizing on his mistakes will be critical, as he WILL make some, but he'll also run off three or four good drives in a row at some point too.

They have good players on both sides of the ball they might be even better by years end. They have too fine young WR's in Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker. *Thomas reminds* of young Andre Johnson who is going to become *household name* soon enough. Should be a great game i love the games after 4:00pm on Sunday.

It's just the Manning-era Colts in different uniforms.

Manning can still throw deep if his receivers get a step on our DBs. His arm isn't what it used to be, but he can still make the ball travel far. His issues are mostly throwing the ball into tight windows. Don't play soft zone, and be aggressive with the Denver receivers. If we keep the underneath stuff in check and don't allow big plays on screen passes, I think we'll be okay. I think we can score on their defense, as their personnel is pretty similar to last year's, but they can bring some pressure.

The way I see it, this game comes down mostly to our safety and linebacker play. Manning doesn't really use the sidelines as much as he used to, so if we can guard the middle of the field effectively it might be enough to come away with a win.

Last edited:
And how well are we at guarding the middle of the field?

The way I see it, this game comes down mostly to our safety and linebacker play. Manning doesn't really use the sidelines as much as he used to, so if we can guard the middle of the field effectively it might be enough to come away with a win.

They lost to the Texans and the Falcons. They beat the Raiders and the Steelers.

2012 Denver Broncos Statistics & Players - Pro-Football-Reference.com

To me the question is how good are the Patriots at home? Are the Patriots in the same class as Atlanta and Houston - arguably the two best teams in the NFL at the moment. The record says no, but certain parts of certain games say yes.

The Denver game will be an excellent measure of where the Patriots are. We know Belichick has Manning's schtick down pat, but this defense is so schizo, who knows what happens with the Broncos?

Defenses can get to Manning who is immobile - he's been sacked 8 times in four games.

The Broncos defense is top 10 against the run and top 15 against the pass- a pretty good defensive team that has played elite competition.

This looks like a very good football team to me.

Manning has looked like the second coming of Chad Pennington at times this year, but he still knows how to read a D.

The Falcons turned him into a mess by forcing him into throwing it into some coverage. There isn't enough velocity on his ball to get it into tight windows anymore. The Steelers let him have the underneath stuff and he slaughtered them.

I haven't seen his other two games, but obviously, we'll have to force him to test that arm.

They are an average to above average team. Manning can show flashes of his old self, but has been inconsistent to show it. He has looked like a stud against mediocre defenses like Oakland and Pittsburgh (and yes, the Steelers are mediocre on defense this year) and pretty average against good ones like Atlanta and Houston.

There defense is the same as last year which was overrated. They do have guys who can rush the passers, but they can be scored on. They are a good, but not great defense.

I think the Broncos are better than the Bills, but not in the Ravens or Cards category.

Denver with a top quarterback is a real challenge.

This will be our 3rd playoff bound team in 5 games. I prefer the second half of the season to the first.

I don't see why we can't light up their defense. Pretty much the same one Brady picked apart twice last season and Roethlisberger was throwing at will on, just his defense lost in a shootout week 1. Peyton has struggled against the good defenses he's faced (Steelers D as of right now is not a good D though I expect them to improve).

And how well are we at guarding the middle of the field?

Pretty horrendous, actually. It's been that way since 2007. I'm just commenting on the game, not making any predictions. The safetys and the linebackers will have to step it up, otherwise we might be looking at one of those Peyton Manning games in which whoever has the ball last wins.

While I don't look at Denver as a legit Super Bowl contender, they are not a complete pushover either.

Peyton will gladly take what the defense gives him and nickel & dime his way down the field for a TD. Nothing will frustrate a defense more, so I hope this doesn't happen to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down