PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, Here's a Theory for You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Of the last 14 Patriots 1st round picks, they didn't meet with, talk to, or otherwise do a mano a mano with 8 of them.

I know this is not a 100% pure there. No way it could be. However, the brass is known for their secrecy.

With currently 3 picks through round three, here are few key names with which they haven't met:

Bowe, WR, LSU Gonzalez, WR, Ohio St. Jarrett, WR, USC
Tony Hunt, RB, Penn St
Griffin, S, Texas
DeOssie, LB, Brown
Ross, CB, Texas

I realize they don't really have to meet with DeOssie, as they know everything about him. I would not be surprised with one or more of the above names being Patriots come this weekend. P.S. - I'm not so sure the team really "needs" any more WR, but you can't rule it out.

Of the last 14 Patriots 1st round picks, they didn't meet with, talk to, or otherwise do a mano a mano with 8 of them.

I know this is not a 100% pure there. No way it could be. However, the brass is known for their secrecy.

With currently 3 picks through round three, here are few key names with which they haven't met:

Bowe, WR, LSU Gonzalez, WR, Ohio St. Jarrett, WR, USC
Tony Hunt, RB, Penn St
Griffin, S, Texas
DeOssie, LB, Brown
Ross, CB, Texas

I realize they don't really have to meet with DeOssie, as they know everything about him. I would not be surprised with one or more of the above names being Patriots come this weekend. P.S. - I'm not so sure the team really "needs" any more WR, but you can't rule it out.

I forgot to put Paul Puz. on this list. The team never met with him either, as best I can tell. I'm betting they hope to get two of either Griffin, Ross, or Puz
with their first two picks. We'll find out. Heck, they might not all be available, but.............

You'd better see if some of these guys on your list have had visits/private workouts. I know off the top of my head Bowe and Gonzalez have. Check the sticky thread concerning workouts.

They don't need to know much more about Deossie either.

I'm very curious where you got this number! We only have a sketchy idea of which players they meet with today, and 5 years ago we knew even less. Plus we almost never know who they interview at the combine, who they linger over at pro days, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back