PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So here I sit in Boston...Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I'm in a restaurant called Boston Pizza (it's chain) in Brantford, Ontario, Canada. There posters of a new York Giants jersey all over and I have heard four different tables talking about football and Brady. Not favourably. Soon I'll in Toronto at the Toronto International Film Festival with poseurs galore, many from new York. I feel so alone. :(

Thankyou all for giving me an oasis in illocated pats fan desert.

Re: So here I sit in Boston... Pizza.

Ha ha, Boston Pizza isn't that good btw, at least according to me...:)

Here in Halifax it is on the radio, people are talking about it, there is a fairly decent contribution to Patriot Nation here. There are some people that are happy Brady is not there, but not happy that he got hurt.

It helps their teams have a shot (or more of a shot than going against a team WITH Brady), in that regards they are chatting about it.

No real "I am happy that Brady IS hurt", more a "I am happy Brady is OUT".

And if I run into someone who says they ARE happy Brady got hurt, I am gonna punch them in the face....

Peace Out...

Last edited:

yeah I overheard discussion at lunch - 2 guys saying the Pats are done. typical.

We aren't done until we're done.

I was in a sports bar Sunday morning (Pats game was an 11am start here) and the first replay of Bradys injury was shown on the big screen and the whole bar cheered and clapped. Im sitting in there in my Brady jersey; im the only guy im a Pats jersey and I just wanted to stand up and say a big **** you to everyone in there.

..I'll be at the Meadowlands on Sunday. You think you all have put up with crap? C'mon now.....thing is, I'm up to the task. Jets fans are probably the least knowledgeble fans out there and everyone's venom against Brady and their delight at his misfortune is jealousy based. To hell with the little people. ;)

Just laugh it off. Everyone that says the Pats are done is in for a rude awakening, and Pats fans are the only ones who realize it. I'm looking forward to a couple of our 'rivals' going into the game smug and assuming they're going to win only to get beaten anyways.

I take crap from all my friends, my girl friend, and people I don't even know come up and tell me how our season is over, their glad Brady got hurt, and that it's about time "us cheaters" got what was coming to us.

Shortly after Brady got injured, I kept thinking of that great exchange from Apollo 13 when the NASA Director is running through the "what if's" involving the loss of the crew with senior brass and gets overheard by Ed Harris' character who provides a very irritated response to the suggestion of potential failure.

NASA Director: This could be the worst disaster NASA's ever faced.
Gene Kranz: With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour.

If this team responds successfully to what everyone outside the Patriots fan base (and some within the fan base) believe is a fatal blow to the success of this organization this season, there will be a banquet of crow served to the doubters who question the reason for this team's past and present successes. If this team does what I believe it is capable of doing, the whimpering of every fan of every other team and every media rat that celebrated this team's downfall prematurely will be tangible.

This will not stop the "cheaters" comments, as it is the only way beaten down fans and media can explain the beatings doled out to their teams, but it will make that whimpering sound all the more pathetic in an attempt to explain what happened. I can say after the fatigue of last season resulting from accusations and intense scrutiny of everything this team does and did that I am more energized than ever to follow this drama as it plays out over the weeks of the season. All the power rankings and articles concluding the injury is game, set and match for the Pats will make fantastic e-mail material to fire back at the source with the subject line "eat it".

Boston Pizza has a fabulous kids menu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill