PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So everyother Thread has been done to death..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasic4x50x54x59x55

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Might as well kill this one...

Leonard Or Bush (HB's) ..Worth Drafting? Are You content with what we have?

Remember we did win a superbowl(s) with A.Smith as our featured back, we have proven that having a dominant backfield isnt vital..

Either player offers value to the Pats, the question becomes at what position in the draft do they offer more value than other players available to be drafted? Both appear to be carrying second round grades where the Pats have traded out of that round to acquire a veteran WR/PR. Myself, I would have no objection to Leonard with one of the first round picks given his durability and versatility. Bush coming off his injury is a little more problematic, I'll have to check, but I thought he also had a previous injury that cost him some games. I'm also cautious about Bush given rumors the Pats were going to use a zone blocking scheme more often to cater to Maroney's strengths - I don't see Bush thriving in that kind of system.

We presently can only guess as to how the drafting plays out and who might "fall" to the Patriots; given the current roster depth at RB, drafting a one day back would seem to be unlikely given depth concerns at LB, CB, and S. An OT, OC/OG, DL, would also appear to have depth/competition value ahead of RB. P, PK, RB, WR, and TE would appear to be "non-need" positions in this draft, at least on day one. QB seems like a poor value investment on day one, I find I like the late round selections much better.

Since I'm not satisfied with the LB and CB pools in this draft, and both S and RB can be acquired in later rounds with good value, I wouldn't attempt to take one with the first round selections. Should a trade with good value give the Pats a second round choice, RB would still be a low priority, but an improved potentiality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes