PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Dungy says game this Sunday is not important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: So Dungy says game this Sunday is not important.

Yea, but dungheap always talks like this. It is akin to passive agressive. He makes it a point to say that he is going to take a nap. His book is quiet strength - if its quiet, then stfu! Would bb ever say any of these things? No.

Dungy would probably say, "I am going to have some pudding." And he would say it just to make people take note that the coach is soooo calm and cool and laid back that he is just gonna have a nice sit down with some creamy pudding. But, it is all a smarmy ploy. I swear, if it weren't for Payton, there ain't no way for this dude.

He gets thumped a couple times, he goes to the pulpit to squeeze juice out of his association with payton.

I didn't want to register, but I had to, because I cannot stand those lies anymore. If anyone could use google.com....But let me help you: this is a link
http://cache.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=280ab5ec-5729-4a16-9993-337e139e364e
And this is a quote (from colts.com - OFFICIAL team web site):

“It will be fun. That’s why you’re in the league – for games like this. You have to enjoy it and I hope our players do enjoy the week and stay focused on the task at hand, but understand that’s it’s big game and it should be fine.”

Just not as big as many want to believe.

“The one thing I want our players to understand is it’s not the end of the season,” Dungy said. “It’s not a game that puts you in the playoffs. It’s not a game that gives you anything if you win it. It’s just a big regular-season game. Hopefully, we can balance that – enjoying all the buildup, but knowing it’s just November 4.”

nuf said

I didn't want to register, but I had to, because I cannot stand those lies anymore. If anyone could use google.com....But let me help you: this is a link
http://cache.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=280ab5ec-5729-4a16-9993-337e139e364e

“It will be fun. That’s why you’re in the league – for games like this. You have to enjoy it and I hope our players do enjoy the week and stay focused on the task at hand, but understand that’s it’s big game and it should be fine.”

“The one thing I want our players to understand is it’s not the end of the season,” Dungy said. “It’s not a game that puts you in the playoffs. It’s not a game that gives you anything if you win it. It’s just a big regular-season game. Hopefully, we can balance that – enjoying all the buildup, but knowing it’s just November 4.”

nuf said

Indeed, a little different than saying the game "isn't that important". I'm one of the few on this board that's always respected Dungy as a coach and I think that obviously the Colts will be ready to play.

I guess that's why he gave them two days off.

Cue the "the Pats have made this so important, they're going to be tight, whereas the colts will have the proper perspective and come out and just play their game" talk. Meanwhile, the laughable notion that the Pats "get tight" will give way to a Pats double-digit victory in THEIR house.

I thought I read somewhere that the Pats had Monday off. Is that not not correct?

This is his exact quote.

"I think it will be fun, and it's good for the league," Dungy said. "But we want players to understand that it's not the end of the season, it won't put you in the playoffs and it doesn't guarantee you anything.":confused:

That sounds like normal coach-speak to me...

nuf said

Hey so is Dungy still gay bashing these days? Pretty classy guy! I hope the pats remember high and mighty Dungy's comments in his blog after the overblown spygate thing. While Dungy works with a guy known for his sign stealing skills (mudd).

I hope the pats destory the colts at home. Hail marys in the fourth if they are up by a large margin.

Last edited:
Dungy said nothing interesting there. Blah, blah, "it's one game on the schedule" blah, blah ...

Standard coach-speak.

I'm no fan of his views on gays, but he's basically just a good coach who's over-lionized by the NFL "family values" PR machine and boot-licks like Peter King.

He said I'm telling the guys to enjoy them selfs and not to
worry if they lose.

I'm guessing he said something like, "If we lose, it's not the end of the world. You still have your family and faith. But it must be a traditional family and the Christian faith, or else it doesn't count. In the grand scheme of things it's only football. I can get away with saying stuff like this because I have Robotron at quarterback."

Hey so is Dungy still gay bashing these days? Pretty classy guy! I hope the pats remember high and mighty Dungy's comments in his blog after the overblown spygate thing. While Dungy works with a guy known for his sign stealing skills (mudd).

I hope the pats destory the colts at home. Hail marys in the fourth if they are up by a large margin.

I thought it's a football forum, but I guess whatever makes you happy.....
If you feel rush talking about gays, or your message board friends want to make fun of Christianity, go ahead, it's a free country. And because it is, Tony Dungy can preach whatever he wants, can write the book about whatever he wants to write about. You don't like it, gues what - who cares???
I pointed out, that the first poster was wrong, I got questions about gays and faith and Tony's books. I mean, please, how old are you guys...?
Football, anybody?

I thought I read somewhere that the Pats had Monday off. Is that not not correct?

I think I remember BB talking about this in a press conference. It sounded to me like nothing is "mandatory" Monday, but he expects everyone to be there.

he also said that the videotaping had nothing to do with the losses the colts had against the pats.
This is getting funnier now. Every coach before a pats game is asked this and they think it didnt matter. The why were they yelling and screaming in week 1 ???

Indeed, this is a typical quote from a typical coach about a game that the media (and some fans) are blowing up to be the biggest game of the decade. It's still a regular season game against a non-division opponent. Yes, it likely decides the top seed and home field advantage should they meet in the playoffs, but he's just suggesting that this shouldn't be overblown. I similar quote from BB wouldn't surprise me in the least since he's said very similar things in the past about a lot of games coming up the following Sunday.

It's about as big as a game in week 9 can get and I'd argue it's bigger for Indy because they play San Diego on the road the week after and if they were to drop two straight now they only have a 1/2 game lead on the 2 seed.

Actually his quote leans more towards winning saying, "it won't put you in the playoffs and it doesn't guarantee you anything." If he was making an excuse for losing, he would say that it won't knock you out of the playoffs. I think Belichick would say the samething. No need to try to spin everything that is said this week.

Nothing to see here...keep moving.

ah, not so fast ! If your right, why did he say " But we want players to understand that it's not the end of the season " Because they'll think it's the last game of the year, I think not. Oh ya, it's our forum, we'll spin it anyway we want :rocker:

ah, not so fast ! If your right, why did he say " But we want players to understand that it's not the end of the season " Because they'll think it's the last game of the year, I think not. Oh ya, it's our forum, we'll spin it anyway we want :rocker:

Because they have 8 more games after this one.

Because they have 8 more games after this one. Most just as important as this game. It's not like this is really the Super Bowl like the media hype says it is.

I think what he said makes sense in that this game shouldn't have more importance than any other game in the season to the players - both teams want to win them all - and not to let the implications of this game overshadow your preparations for any other game.

Obviously both teams avoided 'trap' games leading up to this week....I'm glad that the Pats have a bye next week so that - win or lose - they have that extra time to rest up, put this game behind them, and get down to work for the rest of the season. The Colts are going to have to work that much harder after this game - win or lose - to put it behind them and get ready for their next game which is also a big one.

I think what he said makes sense in that this game shouldn't have more importance than any other game in the season to the players - both teams want to win them all - and not to let the implications of this game overshadow your preparations for any other game.

Obviously both teams avoided 'trap' games leading up to this week....I'm glad that the Pats have a bye next week so that - win or lose - they have that extra time to rest up, put this game behind them, and get down to work for the rest of the season. The Colts are going to have to work that much harder after this game - win or lose - to put it behind them and get ready for their next game which is also a big one.

You're right. You could make an arguement that next week's game against San Diego is bigger for the Colts than this game. If the Colts lose to the Pats they need to win to try to keep pace and to stay ahead of those chasing them. If they win, they need to keep winning given the way the patriots have been rolling just to stay ahead of them. A loss at San Diego would either put them back in a tie with New England or would put them neck and neck with those chasing them for home field and two games back of the Pats.

You're right. You could make an arguement that next week's game against San Diego is bigger for the Colts than this game. If the Colts lose to the Pats they need to win to try to keep pace and to stay ahead of those chasing them. If they win, they need to keep winning given the way the patriots have been rolling just to stay ahead of them. A loss at San Diego would either put them back in a tie with New England or would put them neck and neck with those chasing them for home field and two games back of the Pats.

You're exactly right. Last year the Pats lost to the Jets after the Indy loss. If they had won that game, the AFCCG would have been at home.

It's nice to see some reasonable responses on this thread, which begs the question - how do those of you with IQ's above 60 put up with these moronic, imbecilic statements your brethren put forth? I mean, what incredible idiots. Try learning English instead of ebonics.

What Dungy said is correct. It is one regular season game. It doesn't knock you out of the playoffs nor does it put you in the playoffs. The same for both teams. It's probably more important to me than him but I am of the mind that neither team can beat the other twice in the same season.

I read "Quiet Strength" and much prefer it to "Bill Belichick: CIA Wannabe".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey