PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So...do the Colts and Pats even play this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why Pats fans are hypocrites. Then quit bringing up that PI call in the AFCCG. That's how the rules were enforced so quit crying. The guy wasn't playing the ball.

That's NOT how the rules are enforced. That's the whole point.

The guy wasn't looking for the ball, that's how it has always been called. Besides that "force out" TD call was just as bad. Whoever that receiver was he wasn't going to come down inbounds anyway.

He never touched Wayne on that play and face guarding isn't a penalty. It's only a penalty when you make contact and don't look. The NFL sent him a letter of apology because it wasn't a penalty.

In the end it doesn't matter any more than your bringing up calls from 03 that we can argue about all day and not agree on. It's in the past.

In all likelihood we have two great match ups to look forward to this year that's what I'm focusing on.

Colts who?

Oh that's right.. the Pats are facing the Bengals.

This is what I love about this forum, it gives 18>12 a place to come and run his mouth and join all the other Colts fans who have made this place their home away from home.

I've read your posts and you are one football genius; the Patriots at 3-0 have peaked already, while the Colts at 3-0 have not? Explain that logic, I'm all ears. You predict the Patriots will go 10-6 and out in the first round; again, explain that logic, I'm all ears.

I'll give you credit for one thing; you said winning pretty is overated, you are happy to win no matter how ugly it looks. In 2003, 2004 and 2005, your team was the champ at winning pretty, how did that work out for you? And for the love of God, please explain to me how your 14-2, number one seed lost to the Steelers at home in the second round of the playoffs in 2005, that will forever be the gag job of all time in the playoffs.

The Colts went from a possible 16-0 season to 14-2 to out in the second round, just about the most pathetic playoff performance of all time. AND, before you, Boomer and HeBanMe claim last years AFCCG loss by the Patriots was the worst ever (giving up the largest lead, blah, blah, blah), sorry, you were the number one seed and were playing at home in 2005 and you had HFA last year and were by all accounts going to blow us out of the building; I'd hardly call a last minute TD when trailing the entire game anything to write home about.

Carry on...........

No, but I also dont endorse commenting on someones personal life when you dont have a fuking clue about the facts....

But dont let facts get in the way of a whiny Colt fan...

Brady 3 rings Panty Whining 1 ring....

Nows whos better dip$hits.

Well gee, I don't think dannyboy has a clue either, I was only responding to his post in kind:

I win you lose. You turn to insults when faced with the fact the colts barley beat a decent team in the titans. The afc south is vastly overrated.

At least our qb does not sexually assault female trainers like overrated teabag manning.

So, you won't comment when you don't know facts, but you WILL take pot shots at a guys looks?? WTF?

Mr. "holier than thou"

Because he looks like Mr. Potato head and is numb as a bag of rocks...:rolleyes:

What model would want Panty Whining????

Answer = None.

You really have this ethics thing down!

Last edited:
Responses like that is what stops arguments.

Listen troll, you are welcome to hang around our boards but you better start bringing some damn substance with your friggin posts. Your ignorant remarks and desperate attempt to make the pats seem worse than they are is getting annoying.

Now a few points...

1) Colts never had a good run defense, and won't this year. They are a great team that combats the run in a different way. They have a solid pass rush and an incredible offense. They put teams in a position where they cannot run the ball all day and win the game because the Colts put up so many points. If every drive started with a score of 0-0, the colts would let up over 200 yards rushing almost every game.

2) How the hell can you sit there and say the patriots offense isn't good/great BECAUSE they have beaten up "bad" teams? (Get out of here with your ridiculous theory of the titans and texans being powerhouses compared to the chargers and jets). Maybe the patriots offense is overrated, probably not. But a great offense is SUPPOSED to destroy "bad defenses". You can't claim they are overrated unless and until an offense only scores against bad defenses and gets shut down against good defenses. However the patriots have ALWAYS had a GOOD offense with Brady as QB. This year however it seems their offense has sprung up to greatness with the offseason additions. You won't find much better coverage than what Greer had on Moss last Sunday when Brady threw to Moss along the sideline for a TD. Great pass and great catch, no matter how bad the bills defense is, Greer had great coverage on that play but that still didn't matter.

3) It's been 3 friggin weeks, you CANNOT judge any team, good or bad, based solely on their win/loss/performance in 2 or 3 games. You can however make objective analysis based on last year's performance as well as remaining, added, and lost talent/coaching etc.. Both the chargers and jets are 1-1 when not playing the pats this year, who gives a rats ass. That doesn't prove either team is terrible nor good.

4) The colts have a fast defense that poses some problems with pass protection, but they are not big strong guys, period. You can run the ball down the colts throats all day. The problem is can you afford to do that? Can your defense limit the colts prolific offense so that your ground game can be a contributing factor in a win? Most of the time, the Colts offense puts you in a position where it is no longer a good idea to jam the ball down their throats and you have to take more chances and try to keep up with the Colts scoring.

5) Congrats on your superbowl win last year. Now move on when talking about this year. I could never stand the stupid argument of "the team to beat" and "best team because they won the bowl last year" blah blah blah. ALL 32 teams start 0-0, there is no "team" to beat just because they won the superbowl, nor is their a starting "best" team because they one the superbowl. It's a new season, everyone starts the same, last year's results have 0 impact on this year's season (aside from some scheduling).

6) Both the patriots and the colts seem to have great teams this year. On paper, the patriots look to be better with the talent they have added in the offseason along with the mastermind that is Bill Belichick. However as everyone should know, paper is flammable. That's why we play the games, because this is the NFL and on any given Sunday any of the 32 teams could beat any of the other 31 teams. Barring significant injuries, the patriots vs. colts game should be one helluva game to watch.

7) I am supremely confident that 2007 Patriots are the best in the NFL this year however that is simply my opinion and I won't try to shove it down anyone's throat. I especially will not visit another team's message board and try to force my opinion of my favorite team down anyone's throat. I still understand we play the games every Sunday (or Monday) and realize that the pats CAN lose to any team in the NFL.

8) Come back a week before our game, then we'll have a bit better idea of exactly where our teams are. But don't try to pretend that you aren't worried about us :) (You wouldn't be here otherwise ;) )

If posters feel like there are some people purely trolling and not adding anything to the discussion, then use the little button and report them to the moderators. That's what they told us to do.

with all the other news going around it seems that the fact is lost that one of the biggest (most hyped) games in regular season history will be going down in a few weeks. Pats come to the Dome for the last time ,new look Pats against the defending champs. Anybody else wish it was next week?

I bet you do since Rodney Harrison (Manning's favorite receiver) can't play until the week after next. :D

If you don't see that I'm judging the Pats by the same measuring stick Pats fans have measured us with then i cannot help you. I'm not here to be a troll I'm here to set you Pats fans straight. If last year doesn't matter then why are your fellow fans saying the Colts aren't good because they beat 2-1 teams (that seem to have improved from last season) that haven't been good in past seasons.

Since last year doesn't matter, then you must admit we beat some good teams the last two weeks.

Last year's results have no bearing on this season, meaning just because you were good or bad last year doens't automatically mean you will be this year. Teams can be judged based on their performance last year, their offseason moves, their talent etc.. You can't judge a team on 3 games, good or bad.

Last edited:
Exactly, I agree

Oh what a surprise, a Colts fan agreeing with another Colts fan.

You guys are do dumb, if what you say is true, you really had no idea how good your team was going to be this year? You're saying that it was just as likely that the Patriots start out 0-3 than 3-0? Give me a break. We've made it to the playoffs what, 6 or the last 7 years? Oh yeah, then we add all this talent and we have no reason to think our team will beat the Colts handily (who lost some key players) and win the superbowl?

You are dumb. And you're not making sense.

Meh, I take that back. You can talk about how you're going to beat us and how we're not as good as everyone is saying all you want. Just ask Jets and Chargers fans how that worked out for them.

Last edited:
It's "fans" like you 18>12 that give others a bad name.

You are here to "set us strait"; how so chief? To tell us 3-0 at this stage of the game means nothing? 14-0 means nothing too, your team proved that in 2005.

You did the one thing I said not to do, throw the "biggest collapse in AFCCG history" **** against the wall to see if it sticks. Yeah, we all got the memo on that one, my point went entirely over your head.

Troll on......................

I'd very much like to see the red zone defense improve before we play the Colts.

^^^

The Colts red zone offense hasn't been on fire either.

Is that right? What are the numbers this year?

This discussion has deteriorated horribly. Messageboard name-calling is not as much fun as it used to be, don't we agree? I will hold off on responding to the ridiculous and persistent AFCCG remarks, since the game has no bearing on this year, and neither do the jokes.

For myself, I think that the Colts have played stronger teams, in that the Titans are well-coached, and the Texans are an improving team who are built in some ways specifically to beat the Colts. They're not exactly a good team, but they are meant to play Indy tough. The Bills are a mess, and the Jets have a QB problem, still--among other things.

But three games is just not enough. Many Colts fans (on IndyStar, which I read now and then, less so since the offensive and obsessive "asterisking" talk began) were ecstatic about the opening week destruction of the Saints, yet is that team even going to go 9 and 7 this year? Some of those same fans were blasé about the Pats over the Chargers, and thought the defeat of the Jets was risible--but at least these teams have a win each, I guess.

We just don't know how good these two teams (Colts and Pats) will be yet.

I enjoy hearing from knowledgeable Colts fans about their team's performance, especially in those tough games, like against the Texans. What did Houston do so well in that game? Does Addai look as consistent as he seems from afar? Has the loss of Glenn been a factor in the passing game? And so on.

Last edited:
Is that right? What are the numbers this year?

This discussion has deteriorated horribly. Messageboard name-calling is not as much fun as it used to be, don't we agree? I will hold off on responding to the ridiculous and persistent AFCCG remarks, since the game has no bearing on this year, and neither do the jokes.

For myself, I think that the Colts have played stronger teams, in that the Titans are well-coached, and the Texans are an improving team who are built in some ways specifically to beat the Colts. They're not exactly a good team, but they are meant to play Indy tough. The Bills are a mess, and the Jets have a QB problem, still--among other things.

But three games is just not enough. Many Colts fans (on IndyStar, which I read now and then, less so since the offensive and obsessive "asterisking" talk began) were ecstatic about the opening week destruction of the Saints, yet is that team even going to go 9 and 7 this year? Some of those same fans were blasé about the Pats over the Chargers, and thought the defeat of the Jets was risible--but at least these teams have a win each, I guess.

We just don't know how good these two teams (Colts and Pats) will be yet.

I enjoy hearing from knowledgeable Colts fans about their team's performance, especially in those tough games, like against the Texans. What did Houston do so well in that game? Does Addai look as consistent as he seems from afar? Has the loss of Glenn been a factor in the passing game? And so on.
MORE than a reasonable post! Sure, we were estatic! I was positive about a victory, even said watch Peyton/Wayne light David up. But 41-10? Didn't expect it. Now that N.O has laid 2 additional eggs, you have to wonder. Their second game WAS also on the road, against a Tampa team that I thought at seasons start would be an easy win for us. N.O.'s 3rd was against a really tough Titan team. Titans lead the league in take aways, and have a pretty formidible front 7. I hate to say it, but I really enjoy watching Vince Young play. He is a true competitor and leader. Victories on the road against division rivals was huge. I think our biggest problem so far this season (persistent from last year) is our ineptness (at times) from inside the 5 yard line. We would be well served to add a goal line guy who can barrel it in( easier said than done). We scored SIX times versus Texans, and still only won by six. It WAS 27-10 in the fourth (granted Texans scored 19 seconds in). Colts went to prevent mode after they made it 30-17. The last Texan drive took a full EIGHT MINUTES. Ran the clock from under 11 to under 3 to play. 14 straight dump offs by Schaub (and 1 fourth and 9 conversion). But hey, we have the BULLSEYE, right? We get everyones best shot? Titans and Texans were outplayed, it was the proverbial "game wasn't as close as the score would indicate".

Ugoh is filling in nicely, not that he won't surrender a sack now and then, but so far, Manning has only been sacked 2-3 times. Not exactly "lying flat on his back", AND Ugoh has gone up against the likes of Will Shields and Mario Williams.

Addai started strong, and has earned some tough yards. I assume he'll have a 100 yard day this Sunday V. the Donks, we'll see.

As far as NE, Jets are pretty poor, not truely a Playoff caliber team, but squeeked in last year. Maybe they will put it together, who knows? Bills, I thought Losman might hit a couple to Evans on you guys, but we never got the chance to find out. SD is odd. Looked horrible week one, and it appears the entire staff turnover has had an affect. With our luck, they'll gel right about the time we come to town.

For me, it's not too early, I know these Colts are better than last year, especially defensively. Just as you know NE is better as well. I was worried that those down years would put a damper on this rivalry, but NE has retooled, and our battle(s) should be as good as they get.

I strongly disagree. The Colts are the Champs and as of now have won 8 games in a row, the Defense is playing strong the offense is not clicking and is still scoring 31 ppg. Plus the AFC South is the toughest divison in football right now. Who have the Pats played?? http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_987_2007_Quality_Standings.htmlI I have faith in the champs

I remember the 97 Pats saying they were the team to beat in the AFC and then Denver layed the smack down on the entire conference to get ti the Superbowl and win it.

When you get right down to it, this is the BIGGEST rivalry in the BIGGEST sport. NE fans AND IND fans should be amped up for this game. If both these teams show up undefeated or with 1 loss it will be the most hyped game until the playoffs or playoff implicating games at the end of the year.

To our resident IND fans and the rest of our NE brethren, it's a dam good time to be a fan. We'll see ya on Nov. 4th and sometime in January at a yet-to-be-determind location. These games are what make watching football special.

I really don't care about the back and forth about what happened in the past. I'm looking forward to a great game(s). As a fan it just doesn't get any better than bearing witness to a back and forth nail-biter between the 2 best teams in football (and you IND fans also know what it's like to come up short).

INDY might not be in our division any more, but I think we all know were destined to play them twice a year. Happens more often than it doesn't.

The Houston game was, I remember, rather odd, even from the box score. I noticed the start of the fourth quarter score and then the end, and was wondering why the Colts let them get so close--then a closer look showed differently. One could say that the Texans were actually lucky, fumbling twice in their penultimate possession, yet retaining the ball both times. It seemed that Schaub showed something, though, getting hit as often as he did, and leading them in for the score anyway.

The Colts draft very well, and I assume Ugoh will be an excellent player. Addai, although all the reports indicated to me that he was lower than Maroney on everyone's charts, has so far been the better back, based on consistency. Anyone else think of Curtis Martin when they see him move? Maroney is a question mark still; I love the way he runs when he is attacking the line, and I think he is a less mature back than Addai at the moment, so he will improve and be as good in time, maybe.

Special Teams are a problem for the Colts, and they'll need to get that fixed. AV bounced back, but he was only kicking chip shots. He'll be fine indoors, but still...

This week's matchup is one I definitely want to see. To be honest, I would bet on the Broncos in this game...but I don't bet. It should be a fascinating game.

Last edited:
The Houston game was, I remember, rather odd, even from the box score. I noticed the start of the fourth quarter score and then the end, and was wondering why the Colts let them get so close--then a closer look showed differently. One could say that the Texans were actually lucky, fumbling twice in their penultimate possession, yet retaining the ball both times. It seemed that Schaub showed something, though, getting hit as often as he did, and leading them in for the score anyway.

The Colts draft very well, and I assume Ugoh will be an excellent player. Addai, although all the reports indicated to me that he was lower than Maroney on everyone's charts, has so far been the better back, based on consistency. Anyone else think of Curtis Martin when they see him move? Maroney is a question mark still; I love the way he runs when he is attacking the line, and I think he is a less mature back than Addai at the moment, so he will improve and be as good in time, maybe.

Special Teams are a problem for the Colts, and they'll need to get that fixed.

This week's matchup is one I definitely want to see. To be honest, I would bet on the Broncos in this game...but I don't bet. It should be a fascinating game.

If the Patriots could just get the competition committee to change the 'point of emphasis' on offensive line holding the way the Colts did for illegal contact, the Colts would be a .500 team or just above. Manning wilts under pressure.

I don't ever want to hear complaints about the AFCCG from a PATS* fan AGAIN!

Here's a suggestion. Don't come to a Pats board. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes